Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 5th 2016, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Woo Hoo!!!! Success!!!!

As per another helpful post, I tried the 'Application Number / Last Name' route. I used the applicant's details and tried a couple of submissions using the minimum information it would accept (you press submit and it come back and highlights the additional fields it insists on (oh, and deffo a '2' in the number of applicants - just me and my lady) and it worked.

Not of course that it will process the application any quicker, but hey - it still fells like progress and a minor victory!!
Great job! I shall try this approach. However, this will sound really dumb; I find the cic website really difficult to navigate and I cannot find how I even got to that arduous trawl yesterday now. Could you give me a direct link because I am having a major blonde moment.

Cheers
Old Sep 5th 2016, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Great job! I shall try this approach. However, this will sound really dumb; I find the cic website really difficult to navigate and I cannot find how I even got to that arduous trawl yesterday now. Could you give me a direct link because I am having a major blonde moment.

Cheers
Do you mean here?

Create an account or sign in
Old Sep 5th 2016, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Thanks!!!
Old Sep 5th 2016, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Nothing works for me. Should I start to worry? Do I have to get into this system because I literally cannot do it. It is the most inept system I think I have ever come accross.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

toeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond repute

Perservere young skywalker (or Sheff U fan at least)

I and many others felt the same until hitting the right permutations that worked for us.

And in the end it doesn't make a difference to your application - You can use ECAS as everyone did before the linking became available.

No need to worry - you are one of the lucky ones that have been directed to Ottawa.

Linking your application or not! v Ottawa or London!

I'm sure everyone would pick Ottawa over being able to link their application
Old Sep 5th 2016, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by toeknee
Perservere young skywalker (or Sheff U fan at least)

I and many others felt the same until hitting the right permutations that worked for us.

And in the end it doesn't make a difference to your application - You can use ECAS as everyone did before the linking became available.

No need to worry - you are one of the lucky ones that have been directed to Ottawa.

Linking your application or not! v Ottawa or London!

I'm sure everyone would pick Ottawa over being able to link their application
I am very grateful to be an Ottawa application! Thanks for the info though it remains uber frustrating.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Wisco is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a few details to add:
My hubby is Canadian, I'm American and Irish.
Application received may 13, 2016- we were living in Kilkenny when the application went out.
Sponsor approval early July , can't remember exact date
started processing July 29 2016 in Ottawa
Got request for 2 more photos and passport copies Aug 29, showing as decision made online and email request said visa was ready.

I actually moved over on an IEC on my Irish passport in late June, had no idea I'd be approved this fast but absolutely delighted.

This forum has been invaluable, especially the bit about filling in the application. Thank you all so much and best of luck to those waiting.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 5:11 am
Just Joined

MrGateux is an unknown quantity at this point

This worked for me too! Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wisco
Got a few details to add:
My hubby is Canadian, I'm American and Irish.
Application received may 13, 2016- we were living in Kilkenny when the application went out.
Sponsor approval early July , can't remember exact date
started processing July 29 2016 in Ottawa
Got request for 2 more photos and passport copies Aug 29, showing as decision made online and email request said visa was ready.

I actually moved over on an IEC on my Irish passport in late June, had no idea I'd be approved this fast but absolutely delighted.

This forum has been invaluable, especially the bit about filling in the application. Thank you all so much and best of luck to those waiting.
Added to spreadsheet. Please let us know when you receive your COPR in the mail. Thank you and congratulations!
Old Sep 6th 2016, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Nothing works for me. Should I start to worry? Do I have to get into this system because I literally cannot do it. It is the most inept system I think I have ever come accross.
What toeknee said. It makes not a jot of difference to your application whether you can do this or not. You just get to see in more detail why they still haven't approved the application

I will happily trade you MyCIC access for your Ottawa processing
Old Sep 6th 2016, 1:16 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Just catching up here after the long weekend!

If you guys haven't worked it out already, Hurlabrick is now helping me out with the spreadsheet. Andrew-Brit is quite busy with work so while he's still helping, I needed to recruit some fresh blood. Hurlabrick kindly agreed to step up and help out.

Congrats to everyone who's had updates! It's great to see.

With regard to MyCIC, I am going to add MyCIC fields ot the spreadsheet when we open the 2017 version, just in case anyone was wondering. It'll make the spreadsheet too messy to add it into the 2016 tab, especially considering a lot of the back end stuff of the spreadsheet will have to be reworked. (All the stats are automatically generated, but they'll need adjustment if we change the spreadsheet layout.)

In addition, I want to add a FAQ section about MyCIC to the general FAQ as there are tons of questions about it. If anyone wants to PM me some suggested questions and answers, I'll collate and combine them and add a new section to the FAQ.

Last request, I still don't have a CSQ section in the FAQ simply because I don't know enough about it. I'd asked someone on here awhile ago to write me a CSQ section but I think she's been way too busy... so if any of you guys want to contribute to a CSQ FAQ section, please send me some questions and answers and again I'll collate/combine and update the FAQ.

Thanks!

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, PM me all this stuff so that it doesn't clutter this thread.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

faisal18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Application received on 4 January 2016

Sponsor approval 3 march 2016

Medical upfront 29 october 2015

Marriage
processing office london

Location derbyshire

Pa pakistan

Last edited by faisal18; Sep 6th 2016 at 10:03 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 4:22 am
Just Joined

lord1298 has a brilliant futurelord1298 has a brilliant futurelord1298 has a brilliant futurelord1298 has a brilliant futurelord1298 has a brilliant futurelord1298 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by lord1298
Hi guys,

I'd like to give you a little status update. Yesterday (July 04), I received an email from IRCC. They approved me as a sponsor. I was also asked to submit the CSQ application. My processing center is Ottawa....I'm super happy.

Can you update the spreadsheet please?

Thanks

Finally I received the CSQ. It took about 8 weeks (from July 5 until Aug 25). It took longer than expected ( usually 5 weeks) because of the large number of applications Quebec has received. Here are two links explaining the delay:

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv....ply/index.html

Notice – Government addresses spousal backlog and wait times

Now we back to the federal. We will see how long it will take.

cheers!
Old Sep 7th 2016, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by faisal18
Application received on 4 January 2016

Sponsor approval 3 march 2016

Medical upfront 29 october 2015

Marriage
processing office london

Location derbyshire

Pa pakistan
Added to the spreadsheet. Please keep us updated although probably not much is going to happen for a few weeks yet.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by lord1298
Finally I received the CSQ. It took about 8 weeks (from July 5 until Aug 25). It took longer than expected ( usually 5 weeks) because of the large number of applications Quebec has received. Here are two links explaining the delay:

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv....ply/index.html

Notice – Government addresses spousal backlog and wait times

Now we back to the federal. We will see how long it will take.

cheers!
Updated. Thanbk you for the update and congratulations!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.