Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 24th 2016, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

goneforgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Yes thanks. I know we don't have to move, but there is expense involved in taking a day-trip to Toronto. Bexley Buttler was given a year's extension on his COPR, I was just asking if Tommy 85 had the same.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

klogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I was just wondering if you'd heard anything yet. Have you emailed or gotten your MP involved? You are way over the expected timeline...!
Sent an email to Mississauga yesterday, so going to give it a few days and see if they reply. I guess we could try calling them, but from what I've read that doesn't seem like a particularly fruitful strategy

The MP to get involved would be the one from where we're moving to? I.E. any MP from Calgary?
Old Aug 24th 2016, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

tommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goneforgood
Congrats...at last! Could I ask what they said in the COPR about the date you must land by? Presumably your medical will shortly run out and if you have to sell your house you won't be landing before that. We are in exactly the same position, we don't see our house selling in the month we have left till our medical expires, even if we get our COPR tomorrow.
Thanks!

I have until 12/08/2017 to land. It states in my COPR that this is the maximum and cannot be extended.

My mate at work recently got his COPR and they gave him a year too.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Brilliant tommy85. That's good news, we really weren't looking forward to getting to an airport (at least 4 hours away) and then the brief trip to Canada just to land and fly back again. Let's hope our houses sell in time!
Old Aug 24th 2016, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

HighCeiling is an unknown quantity at this point

Update.

ECAS is now showing both Sponsor and Applicant as 'In Process', I haven't checked ECAS for a few days so not sure exactly when this changed.

I managed to link the application (took a couple of days)...it just says Medical passed and Eligibility Review in Progress
Old Aug 24th 2016, 6:16 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighCeiling
Update.

ECAS is now showing both Sponsor and Applicant as 'In Process', I haven't checked ECAS for a few days so not sure exactly when this changed.

I managed to link the application (took a couple of days)...it just says Medical passed and Eligibility Review in Progress
Awesome. I just used today's date.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure of the significance of 'in process on ECAS' on spreadsheet, but it says on ECAS 'we started processing XXXX application of August 19, 2016' (i.e. my wife as PA).

Oddly, as sponsor I am still showing as 'in process' despite receiving an email and PDF attachment saying I am approved (not concerned, just amused!).
Old Aug 24th 2016, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Not sure of the significance of 'in process on ECAS' on spreadsheet, but it says on ECAS 'we started processing XXXX application of August 19, 2016' (i.e. my wife as PA).

Oddly, as sponsor I am still showing as 'in process' despite receiving an email and PDF attachment saying I am approved (not concerned, just amused!).
Most people show 'in process' in the sponsor section right to the end. So don't sweat it.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:07 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

The column is for when the PA goes to In Process on ECAS, not the sponsor. I've just updated the column header to reflect that. (ECAS only recently started showing in process for the sponsor portion.)
Old Aug 25th 2016, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy85
I got an email from CIC yesterday stating my visa had been approved and I received my COPR in the post this morning.

How I need to get my house sold!
The staff at LVO must have been having a night out or something on Tuesday and were working extra-hard, as I also finally received my CoPR. I received the PDF and then the CoPR was received in the post yesterday.

I've also been given 6 weeks to land!
Old Aug 25th 2016, 3:53 am
Just Joined

smojphace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

An update for your spreadsheet:

Spousal sponsorship (common-law)
Sponsor: Canadian citizen by descent
Sponsored person: British citizen
Country of residence: Hong Kong
Date application arrived in Mississauga: 13/07/2016
Date they started processing the application: 29/07/2016
Date of sponsorship approval: 24/08/2016

Despite the fact we live in Hong Kong and sent in a country-specific form for China/Hong Kong, our application has been sent to London.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I'm flying out to Toronto on Tuesday whether or not the CoPR comes through in time. So, I'll likely be going under dual intent. I've already changed my address with CIC to one of a family member in Toronto. If the CoPR does come through to her before Tuesday, am I allowed to print a scanned copy and use that?

I'm mainly asking because I'm delaying buying a return ticket to London until the very last minute!

Thanks for any advice!
Old Aug 25th 2016, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CReg91
Hi guys,

I'm flying out to Toronto on Tuesday whether or not the CoPR comes through in time. So, I'll likely be going under dual intent. I've already changed my address with CIC to one of a family member in Toronto. If the CoPR does come through to her before Tuesday, am I allowed to print a scanned copy and use that?

I'm mainly asking because I'm delaying buying a return ticket to London until the very last minute!

Thanks for any advice!
You will need the original COPR forms to do the landing. One copy has your photo on it the other doesn't.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You will need the original COPR forms to do the landing. One copy has your photo on it the other doesn't.
Ah, shame. Thanks though!
Old Aug 25th 2016, 1:10 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by adfletch83
The staff at LVO must have been having a night out or something on Tuesday and were working extra-hard, as I also finally received my CoPR. I received the PDF and then the CoPR was received in the post yesterday.

I've also been given 6 weeks to land!
Eek 6 weeks is tight! Hopefully you can get out quickly to do your landing! They obviously lined it up with your medicals that you did in October. Don't forget to read the wiki articles on landing and goods to follow! Congrats again!

Originally Posted by smojphace
Hi,

An update for your spreadsheet:

Spousal sponsorship (common-law)
Sponsor: Canadian citizen by descent
Sponsored person: British citizen
Country of residence: Hong Kong
Date application arrived in Mississauga: 13/07/2016
Date they started processing the application: 29/07/2016
Date of sponsorship approval: 24/08/2016

Despite the fact we live in Hong Kong and sent in a country-specific form for China/Hong Kong, our application has been sent to London.
CIC can send applications to the appropriate office based on residency OR on citizenship, so in your case they've opted to do it based on your partner's citizenship. Added to the spreadsheet, thanks for adding your info!

Originally Posted by CReg91
Ah, shame. Thanks though!
You might get to the airport to find they are able to land you anyway, so go prepared with your goods to follow docs just in case. It just happened a month ago, can't remember the user now, but he had DM on ECAS a day or two before flying out. He figured he'd enter under dual intent. He got to the border and explained that he could see online a decision had been made but he hadn't received the official decision yet. They were able to print the docs for him and land him. So go prepared with your GtF just in case, but also plan to enter on dual intent as a worst case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.