Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 23rd 2016, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
That sounds sensible. The people who applied a week before you heard last week, and no one who applied after you has heard, so even though you're over the current quoted 47 days, I wouldn't get too worried about it at this point. If I had to guess they're just a bit behind schedule. IT happens in the summer with people taking holidays and whatnot. I'd say give it until maybe around 7-8 Sept and then drop a CSE over to them. Give it 3 days then send a direct email (address in FAQ), give it 4 days, then get the MP to inquire on your behalf.
Thanks for that, yes that would be the plan. Hoping I don't have to do any of it and of course well aware that it is peak holiday season and they will almost all be at 'the beach' - I suspect I am simply caught up in that.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 1:00 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Thanks for that, yes that would be the plan. Hoping I don't have to do any of it and of course well aware that it is peak holiday season and they will almost all be at 'the beach' - I suspect I am simply caught up in that.
It kind of sucks to think like that, but you are right in that assumption. You usually see a bit of a slow-down for approvals in the summer months because of more people on holiday, and through Dec-Jan because of Christmas holidays and then in Jan from a load of new immigration streams re-opening, so a huge influx of applications.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

They must be reading this site!

Just received an email / PDF to say sponsor approved as at 23/8/2016 and now sent to London (*x!!f*RRRRR!!!). Hey ho, now the real wait begins I guess!
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 2:58 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
They must be reading this site!

Just received an email / PDF to say sponsor approved as at 23/8/2016 and now sent to London (*x!!f*RRRRR!!!). Hey ho, now the real wait begins I guess!
Haha, always the way! Someone on CV just got it as well, though different office (sorry!).

The waiting does begin now but at least it's the next step in the process!
Old Aug 24th 2016, 12:36 am
Just Joined

MrGateux is an unknown quantity at this point

We just received an e-mail today (23rd August) to say that the Sponsor has been approved and that our application has now been sent to London. Glad to be on the next step of the process!

Last edited by MrGateux; Aug 24th 2016 at 12:47 am.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Z-Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I've come back to BE after a very long time...

Just received COPR. Its been a very long time coming and I don't think it reflects the experience of most people here. I can provide timeline if helpful. But I think main point from my timeline will be even if things take unexpected turns and it looks really negative keep on going.

My question relates to the letter confirming COPR. The letter refers to IMM5688 which I have received. It also refers to IMM5785 and I did not receive that. I have searched on CIC website but can't seem to find reference to IMM5785.

Grateful if anyone can shed any light on that please.

Thanks
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:35 am
Just Joined

tommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond repute

I got an email from CIC yesterday stating my visa had been approved and I received my COPR in the post this morning.

How I need to get my house sold!
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Z-Man
Hi

Just received COPR. Its been a very long time coming and I don't think it reflects the experience of most people here. I can provide timeline if helpful. But I think main point from my timeline will be even if things take unexpected turns and it looks really negative keep on going.

My question relates to the letter confirming COPR. The letter refers to IMM5688 which I have received. It also refers to IMM5785 and I did not receive that. I have searched on CIC website but can't seem to find reference to IMM5785.

Thanks
No idea what the IMM 5785 is. If you have the COPR form 2 x copies one with your picture on then you are good. CIC keep changing form numbers like underwear

The 2nd form down is what it should look like
https://www.mcgill.ca/legaldocuments...uation_4_0.pdf
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:41 am
Just Joined

tommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond reputetommy85 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

This appears normal. My cover letter says the same, but I didn't receive the IMM5785.

I googled it and it doesn't appear to exist. All you need is the COPR.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
No idea what the IMM 5785 is. If you have the COPR form 2 x copies one with your picture on then you are good. CIC keep changing form numbers like underwear

The 2nd form down is what it should look like
https://www.mcgill.ca/legaldocuments...uation_4_0.pdf
Perfect! Thanks

Have received two copies of COPR form one with photo and one without.

Old Aug 24th 2016, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by tommy85
This appears normal. My cover letter says the same, but I didn't receive the IMM5785.

I googled it and it doesn't appear to exist. All you need is the COPR.
Great, thanks.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

goneforgood is an unknown quantity at this point

I got an email from CIC yesterday stating my visa had been approved and I received my COPR in the post this morning.

Congrats...at last! Could I ask what they said in the COPR about the date you must land by? Presumably your medical will shortly run out and if you have to sell your house you won't be landing before that. We are in exactly the same position, we don't see our house selling in the month we have left till our medical expires, even if we get our COPR tomorrow.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

klogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond reputeklogd has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone are getting emails from CIC except me it seems
Old Aug 24th 2016, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by klogd
You have my sympathy for sure - I would be spitting bullets in your position. Hope it comes through soon!
Old Aug 24th 2016, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by MrGateux
We just received an e-mail today (23rd August) to say that the Sponsor has been approved and that our application has now been sent to London. Glad to be on the next step of the process!
Yay! Updated, congrats!

Hi

Thanks
Always useful to have more people ont he spreadsheet and sharing their timelines, so please do share! Why did it take so long, do you know?

YAY! All updated. Be sure to read the Landing and Goods to Follow articles on BE!

Originally Posted by goneforgood
Congrats...at last! Could I ask what they said in the COPR about the date you must land by? Presumably your medical will shortly run out and if you have to sell your house you won't be landing before that. We are in exactly the same position, we don't see our house selling in the month we have left till our medical expires, even if we get our COPR tomorrow.
You don't have to MOVE by the time your COPR expires, you simply have to show up in Canada. This might mean that you hop on a plane, land, and turn around and head straight back to the UK. You don't have to move, you just have to step foot on Canadian soil and activate your PR. (My husband landed 4 days before his COPR expired in December 2012 while we were there for two weeks over Christmas. We went back for two weeks in June 2013, then moved in September 2013 permanently.)

Originally Posted by klogd
I was just wondering if you'd heard anything yet. Have you emailed or gotten your MP involved? You are way over the expected timeline...!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.