Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 30th 2016, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi all.

Got an email today saying that to continue processing my aplocation, they need a copy of the bio page of my passport and some passport photographs. I have 45 days to complete this.

Obviously I sent some passport photos off with my original application so it's annoying I have to get more done. Would they need to be of the same specification and signed by the photographer again?

I was excited when I received the email because I thought it might be DM. ah well.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 8:45 am
Just Joined

BelBris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I was wondering if someone could answer this query? I have recently sold my house in the UK. This is the address the CIC have for me. I will be traveling/holidaying around a fair bit over the next few months before entering Canada under 'dual intent'. My question is: should the new address I notify CIC with now be the place in BC that we will be moving into, on our arrival at that point? It is a relative's address and he has already agreed to have us and was part of our application package showing our intent to go to Canada once after COPR. Many thanks in advance!
Old Jul 1st 2016, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

TC8474 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
habsfan - added!

TC8474 - I was just about to send you a message to see if there was an update. Honestly, if you have not yet received SA, your app is probably still in Mississauga. There is a phone number for them, it's in the FAQ. I would call them up and explain to them the situation. They should be able to look up your file and to let you know if it's gone to Ottawa or London. I would then email a copy of the declaration as an attachment to the appropriate office (email addresses in FAQ) and ask them to verify their mailing address so that you can send the original document to them as well. Please keep us updated. If you call Mississauga now you should hopefully be able to at least get the first steps sorted quickly!

Hi - thanks for this.

I sent them an email back and they confirmed that they didn't need an original in the post just an emailed copy which I've now sent to them.

Probably a very stupid question, but the email I received came from the Ottawa processing office does this mean that our application has definitely been allocated to Ottawa (in which case - ) or could it still be stuck in Mississauga for allocation.

Thanks.

Tom
Old Jul 1st 2016, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

maggs8247 is an unknown quantity at this point

So excited - the online system now says 'DM'! Now we run for the post every day!
Old Jul 1st 2016, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BelBris
Hi, I was wondering if someone could answer this query? I have recently sold my house in the UK. This is the address the CIC have for me. I will be traveling/holidaying around a fair bit over the next few months before entering Canada under 'dual intent'. My question is: should the new address I notify CIC with now be the place in BC that we will be moving into, on our arrival at that point? It is a relative's address and he has already agreed to have us and was part of our application package showing our intent to go to Canada once after COPR. Many thanks in advance!
I'm also following on this question. I'll be moving under dual intent (should my visa not arrive in time) at the end of August and will likely need to give them my partner's sister's address in Toronto (unless we secure a flat well in advance of arriving).

Does anyone know if that will cause problems?
Old Jul 1st 2016, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maggs8247
So excited - the online system now says 'DM'! Now we run for the post every day!

Congrats! Very excited for you but, selfishly, more excited about moving one step closer to my application!
Old Jul 1st 2016, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

maggs8247 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CReg91

Congrats! Very excited for you but, selfishly, more excited about moving one step closer to my application!
Aw fingers crossed it comes through soon for you!
Old Jul 1st 2016, 4:36 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by adfletch83
Hi all.

Got an email today saying that to continue processing my aplocation, they need a copy of the bio page of my passport and some passport photographs. I have 45 days to complete this.

Obviously I sent some passport photos off with my original application so it's annoying I have to get more done. Would they need to be of the same specification and signed by the photographer again?

I was excited when I received the email because I thought it might be DM. ah well.
1. Photo specifications have changed. So make sure you send the latest ones. It would appear that they are ready to issue your COPR.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Photo specifications have changed. So make sure you send the latest ones. It would appear that they are ready to issue your COPR.
Awesome, will do. I'm away in Croatia at the moment so I'm eager to get this done and sent off. This seems like it's good news anyway!

Thanks!
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 9:25 am
Mon Dieu!

Kingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant future

Got my COPR in post today. My wife like most canadians moved on the 1st of July and on the COPR it has her old address other than that it is all correct. Is this something that I need to resolve (i.e get them to send out a new COPR with correct address on) or can I do this amendment as part of the landing process?
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 9:36 am
Just Joined

adamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond repute

Very excited! Partner received his COPR yesterday, on Canada Day no less! Relieved and overjoyed!
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingbsy
Got my COPR in post today. My wife like most canadians moved on the 1st of July and on the COPR it has her old address other than that it is all correct. Is this something that I need to resolve (i.e get them to send out a new COPR with correct address on) or can I do this amendment as part of the landing process?
You can give CBSA the correct address when you land for the PR cards to be sent to.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

MrGateux is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, today we have received confirmation that our application has now arrived in Mississauga, so if we could be added to the spreadsheet that would be great!

Who: Canadian Sponsor, British Principal Applicant
Type: Common-Law
Medical: 23rd June 2016
Application received in Mississauga: 4th July 2016
Confirmation email with UCI received: TBD

Many thanks!
Old Jul 5th 2016, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

llysmabley is an unknown quantity at this point

Coming up to 8 weeks now since DM but no letter and complete disregard of my requests for information.

Does anyone know how to really get through to the London office

It seems they are ignoring my attempts to find out if there is a problem

Others have not had to wait this long for the letter.

Is there a Minister with responsibility I could contact ?
Old Jul 5th 2016, 3:34 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by llysmabley
Coming up to 8 weeks now since DM but no letter and complete disregard of my requests for information.

Does anyone know how to really get through to the London office

It seems they are ignoring my attempts to find out if there is a problem

Others have not had to wait this long for the letter.

Is there a Minister with responsibility I could contact ?
Sadly, comparing your timeline to others is the road to rage and tearing your hair out - no two applications are the same.

You could call the 'misinformation' help line and check with them whether an email / letter has been sent (they should be able to tell you); you could then tell them you haven't received anything and ask for them to resend it.

Have you checked your junk mail folder and added @cic.gc.ca and @international.gc.ca to your safe list? Double check the address on file - is there any chance it was sent to your previous address? (COPR's are sent by mail)

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 5th 2016 at 3:38 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.