Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 28th 2016, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Luke2205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi guys, not sure if this is the best thread to post this if not please let me know.
I wanted to give our time frame of being sponsored Inland Canada for anybody waiting or thinking of going this route. I am a British Citizen wife is Canadian citizen. I came to Canada August 2015 and as of last week I have received permanent residence. Goes to show inland does work in a reasonable amount of time. Keep the faith people and good luck to the rest of you who are waiting.

On-Line Services

FAQ | Security

Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on September 23, 2015.
2.Medical results have been received.
3.You entered Canada at the Etobicoke office on June 23, 2016 and became a Permanent Resident.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

habsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey SchnookoLoly,

Can you add my application to the spreadsheet please

Who: Canadian Sponsor, British PA
Type: Spousal
Medical: 25th May 2016
Application received in Mississauga: 6th June 2016 (posted 28th May)
Confirmation email with UCI received: 22 June 2016

UCI not working on ECAS yet.
Going to Quebec so I will update when request for CSQ comes through

Last edited by habsfan; Jun 29th 2016 at 9:47 am.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 10:04 am
Just Joined

999HappyHaunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Our application was received in Mississauga on 24th May according to postal tracking, but we haven't heard anything yet. Should I be worried? :/
Old Jun 29th 2016, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

habsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 999HappyHaunts
Our application was received in Mississauga on 24th May according to postal tracking, but we haven't heard anything yet. Should I be worried? :/
Have you double checked your sponsors email? It could be in the junk mail or perhaps the CIC are really inefficient at communicating

As long as you have confirmation from tracking it arrived I wouldn't worry too much

Edit: Also try adding @cic.gc.ca to your contacts list just in case.

Last edited by habsfan; Jun 29th 2016 at 10:15 am.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 11:20 am
Just Joined

999HappyHaunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by habsfan
Have you double checked your sponsors email? It could be in the junk mail or perhaps the CIC are really inefficient at communicating

As long as you have confirmation from tracking it arrived I wouldn't worry too much

Edit: Also try adding @cic.gc.ca to your contacts list just in case.
Yes he is checking every email folder every day! We will add them to our contacts just in case too. Thanks.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 11:39 am
Just Joined

TC8474 is an unknown quantity at this point

We've now received a final warning requesting a statutory declaration of common law union or our application will be cancelled on 30th July! This despite the fact that we've sent several online applications stating that we've never received any correspondence from them (Royal Mail failed to forward to our new address) and asking them to re-send to our new address.

Because we've never received their letters we don't even know which processing office is dealing with our application. Given that everybody else on the spreadsheet is being processed by either Ottawa or London I'm minded to send letters to both, however, I can't find postal addresses for either office on the CIC website only addresses relating to temporary visa applications.

Would somebody be kind enough to confirm the addresses they have been given for the processing offices in London and Ottawa so that we can send off the statutory declaration? We made the declarations this morning so otherwise everything is ready to go.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom
Old Jun 29th 2016, 11:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goneforgood
We've been together for 17 years! How have others provided the sort of detail they want? We've sent Council Tax and utility bills in our joint names but how can you prove continuous co-habitation for a 12-month period? Do they want 12 contiguous receipts with our names and address?
The thing is that utility bills and council tax don't actually show you're living at that address - for example, if it was a holiday home, you'd still be paying those things, but not living in the property. Do you have mortgage statements or rental agreements? Other bills sent to the address i.e. mobile phone bill or internet bill? Bank statements? Car insurance showing the address?
Old Jun 29th 2016, 12:42 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

habsfan - added!

HappyHaunts - no, don't worry about it yet. If you look at the spreadsheet there are a few above you who haven't heard, and no one after you who has heard either, so just sit tight a bit longer.

TC8474 - I was just about to send you a message to see if there was an update. Honestly, if you have not yet received SA, your app is probably still in Mississauga. There is a phone number for them, it's in the FAQ. I would call them up and explain to them the situation. They should be able to look up your file and to let you know if it's gone to Ottawa or London. I would then email a copy of the declaration as an attachment to the appropriate office (email addresses in FAQ) and ask them to verify their mailing address so that you can send the original document to them as well. Please keep us updated. If you call Mississauga now you should hopefully be able to at least get the first steps sorted quickly!
Old Jun 29th 2016, 12:49 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goneforgood
At last, movement on our CL Oct 2015 application...a request for payment of the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee, and the following:

we have determined that you have provided insufficient documentation to prove that you and your sponsor have co-habited for at least 12 continuous months. Please provide further official documentation in joint or own names that links you and your sponsor to the same address or addresses for a continuous 12 months period.

We've been together for 17 years! How have others provided the sort of detail they want? We've sent Council Tax and utility bills in our joint names but how can you prove continuous co-habitation for a 12-month period? Do they want 12 contiguous receipts with our names and address?
As Oompa said, it's not necessarily joint stuff, just stuff to prove that you are both living at that address. Any mail you can dig up that shows one or both names and the address will do, and stuff that proves you are actually living there. Bank statements (or other bank-related letters, for example if you've had a new card issued recently) or phone bills are good ones. Car insurance is another one as it proves you are more actively living there as the car would be registered to that address. Homeowners or contents insurance also is a good one. Your work probably also has your current address on file, you can print that out or get a letter from HR or something. You also don't have to necessarily account for each and every month - for example, if you provided bills from August 2015, January 2016, and April 2016 then it's unlikely that someone would reasonably conclude that you moved out for the months in between. Just find whatever you can that shows that you are actively living at that address.

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

goneforgood is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the suggestions. We have gone to a lot of effort to be paperless, so we get no hard copy bills...we have trawled up some online statements that might do. I was just concerned they needed 12 consecutive months of proof and was wondering if others had come up with a brilliant strategy to cover this.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 1:07 pm
Concierge

You might have some luck calling your bank and asking if they can issue you a letter saying that you have been a customer since x date at x address, and then you can write a separate letter saying that you don't have many statements since you just have online statements. You can also provide screenshots of your online statements, or just ask your bank to issue you the past 12 months of statements though you may pay a fee for that. You may have to be a bit creative in coming up with ways to provide the requested paperwork.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 1:25 pm
Mon Dieu!

Kingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant future

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After emailing CIC, as my medicals were due to expire, they responded with the words we all long to hear.... Your application for PR has been approved and your COPR is in the post.

Nearly 9 months of patiently waiting, the finish line is being crossed.

Again, for more than just keeping us sane, this community is fantastic especially SchnookoLoly, Andrewbrit, Shirtback, christmasoompa, Siouxie (if im forgetting anyone I apologise) you all have been a huge help please keep up the great work.

Montreal here I come.

Kingbsy
Old Jun 29th 2016, 1:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingbsy
Ladies and Gentlemen,

After emailing CIC, as my medicals were due to expire, they responded with the words we all long to hear.... Your application for PR has been approved and your COPR is in the post.

Nearly 9 months of patiently waiting, the finish line is being crossed.

Again, for more than just keeping us sane, this community is fantastic especially SchnookoLoly, Andrewbrit, Shirtback, christmasoompa, Siouxie (if im forgetting anyone I apologise) you all have been a huge help please keep up the great work.

Montreal here I come.

Kingbsy
Congrats!
Old Jun 29th 2016, 1:41 pm
Mon Dieu!

Kingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant future

For all those worrying about eCAS etc, for both my wife and my part still say "in Progress" do not treat this as gospel!
Old Jun 29th 2016, 1:41 pm
Concierge

Glad it got sorted! Be aware you might have a tight turnaround to land, but see what date is on the COPR. Congrats! Spreadsheet updated. Happy landing! Be sure to read the wiki articles on landing, they'll be helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.