Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 27th 2016, 1:42 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Updated! As you say Ottawa would have been nice to get it done faster, but if you aren't in much of a rush anyway then it doesn't really matter. All updated!!
Old May 27th 2016, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

adamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! Partner's ID shows in process 24/5/16, which is good. Had an email requesting confirmation of mailing address.
Old May 28th 2016, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

adamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond repute

We've been updated to "decision made".

That strikes me as positive!
Old May 28th 2016, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

iainmacdonald is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I are currently filling out the forms and I would like some advice on what address I should put down on my current residence. I work on ships and when I'm not at work I spend my time living with my wife at our house in Canada. I only come here on a visitors visa and have been doing this since we were married in October 2011. I'm due to go back to work at the beginning of June and then will be back here in September. I've been looking through the forum but cant seem to find an answer. Thanks for the help.
Old May 31st 2016, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Canadabound1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

My ecas has updated to meds received today, even though thay was sent with the original application in July 2015, is this a sign that my application is in the final stages? Any advice please
Old Jun 1st 2016, 11:47 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamhighway
We've been updated to "decision made".

That strikes me as positive!
Yep, should be a positive sign! Fingers crossed! Keep an eye on the post.

Originally Posted by iainmacdonald
My wife and I are currently filling out the forms and I would like some advice on what address I should put down on my current residence. I work on ships and when I'm not at work I spend my time living with my wife at our house in Canada. I only come here on a visitors visa and have been doing this since we were married in October 2011. I'm due to go back to work at the beginning of June and then will be back here in September. I've been looking through the forum but cant seem to find an answer. Thanks for the help.
Where does your mail etc go?

Originally Posted by Canadabound1980
My ecas has updated to meds received today, even though thay was sent with the original application in July 2015, is this a sign that my application is in the final stages? Any advice please
Who knows. Maybe someone just got around to matching up your file with your meds, maybe someone working on your file noticed that the meds line was never updated. Sit tight. I wouldn't think you are that far away, average in London is 11 months and you are pretty well there.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 11:57 am
Just Joined

TC8474 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick update. Our application was acknowledged by immigration on 8th March and they confirmed on 31st May that it is in process. This was in response to an enquiry I submitted because I can never get ecas to recognise either my UCI or application number. Would someone be kind enough to update the spreadsheet?

Immigration have said that they used my UCI and application number to check the status of our application and that there must be an IT issue at our end (both my girlfriend and I have tried logging into ecas on our respective computers and have had the same problem). Interested to know whether anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks.

T
Old Jun 1st 2016, 12:02 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by TC8474
Just a quick update. Our application was acknowledged by immigration on 8th March and they confirmed on 31st May that it is in process. This was in response to an enquiry I submitted because I can never get ecas to recognise either my UCI or application number. Would someone be kind enough to update the spreadsheet?

Immigration have said that they used my UCI and application number to check the status of our application and that there must be an IT issue at our end (both my girlfriend and I have tried logging into ecas on our respective computers and have had the same problem). Interested to know whether anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks.

T
Do you have sponsor approval yet? If so, what date, and which office? I don;t have that info on the spreadsheet.

As for logging into ECAS, which country are you selecting as yoru place of birth? Make sure you are picking ENGLAND. There are a few other suggestions in the FAQ...
Old Jun 1st 2016, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

BelBris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TC8474

Thanks.

T
Hi TC,

Yes, I've had this problem for the last few weeks. I was, however, still able to log in on the sponsor side of ecas which did put my mind at ease a little. On my side of things though it had just stopped working. I was born in Northern Ireland and had used these details all along. I've just done as Schnookololy suggested and entered that I was born in England instead and it worked! Weird but nice to be able to see my PA side of things again...
Old Jun 1st 2016, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi - so we had another email late Monday (UK time). Asked my partner to print out the email, send two photos, email, a copy of passport and an appendix for any changes, with a return A4 envelope to Visa Processing Unit, London (even though our CPC is Ottawa). The subject of the email was "ready for visa".

Does this mean they're about to sent his COPR? That seems awfully (wonderfully!) fast!
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:42 am
Just Joined

TC8474 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys problem solved and I can now get in!

My sponsorship application is showing that cic sent me a letter on 25th April regarding the decision made and my partner's pr application is shown as having been in process since 11th April with acknowledgement that medical results have been received.

The problem is that I never received the letter on the 25th April. We actually moved address at the end of March. I set up a full postal redirection so I was expecting any corrspondence to be caught by that. In hindsight very stupid and I'm kicking myself but what with moving house, work etc notifying cic wasn't prioritised.

I actually notified cic of our change of address around two weeks ago.

I sent them a further request yesterday asking them to resend the letter to our new address.

If my partner's pr application is in process do you think the letter was approval of the sponsorship application ( even though the system still shows it as in process)? I'm worried that I may have delayed everything by my oversight!

Any advice would be much appreciated (and any criticism is probably warranted!). Thanks.

T
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I sent case specific Enquiry about my passport (updated my surname to married one) and after 3 weeks now got email saying they acknowledged and received my document. Nothing else.

When I log in on ecas it still says my maiden name and I am paranoid now they will give me PR on my maiden name and old passport don't know what to do, SA is not approved yet either.

Should I worry?
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crayon
Hi

I sent case specific Enquiry about my passport (updated my surname to married one) and after 3 weeks now got email saying they acknowledged and received my document. Nothing else.

When I log in on ecas it still says my maiden name and I am paranoid now they will give me PR on my maiden name and old passport don't know what to do, SA is not approved yet either.

Should I worry?
I wouldn't. They have proof of both names, as do you. You're still the same person.

My PR landing documents (pre-COPR) had both surnames on them, the 'old' one is described as "(other) name flag" - or words to that effect.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Decision Made appeared on ECAS 12th May with email requesting two passport photos and copy of email. These were sent to London on the same day.

Does anyone know how long you have to wait for more information from LVO regarding Decision Made and hopefully, permanent residence? Dual-Intent visa running out of time and had hoped to get P.R. before the last day.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Brad_G is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by williamceri
Decision Made appeared on ECAS 12th May with email requesting two passport photos and copy of email. These were sent to London on the same day.

Does anyone know how long you have to wait for more information from LVO regarding Decision Made and hopefully, permanent residence? Dual-Intent visa running out of time and had hoped to get P.R. before the last day.
Mine took just over 3 weeks to get back to me. So hopefully soon for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.