Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

RJ2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Got some updates. My Husband received an submit your passport request as it is ready for visa issuance. Anybody have any information as to how this process works? What exactly do we submit? Is there an application or just his passport and photos? The document sent is incredibly vague and goes off into links. Any clarification would be great!
Old Apr 21st 2016, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys very quick question about Dual intent....

If we do decide to enter Canada under dual intent I assume that I will not be eligible to work whilst we are waiting for the London office to pull a thumb out of their arse!

Would like to move end of August am hoping to have a DM buy them but just wanted to ask the question...
Old Apr 21st 2016, 2:00 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bexleybuttler
Hey Guys very quick question about Dual intent....

If we do decide to enter Canada under dual intent I assume that I will not be eligible to work whilst we are waiting for the London office to pull a thumb out of their arse!

Would like to move end of August am hoping to have a DM buy them but just wanted to ask the question...
No you can't work.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute

On Cic website it says that spousal timeline for Outland applications is 17 months and sponsor approval 39 days is it working days or days?
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 6:04 am
Just Joined

adamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond reputeadamhighway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crayon
On Cic website it says that spousal timeline for Outland applications is 17 months and sponsor approval 39 days is it working days or days?
Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

This seems to be the "definitive" answer from the FAQ at the moment.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Gommsta is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning folks,

Just an update for the spreadsheet for me. I was emailed yesterday, the 22nd of April, and asked to pay the RPRF. That is all they have asked for at this stage.

Is it a case of they won't look at my application until the fee is paid, or have they already looked at it, are happy, and are now asking me to pay the fee for issue?

Thanks!
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamhighway
Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

This seems to be the "definitive" answer from the FAQ at the moment.
Yes I looked in there and it says that it will say that CIC is processing applications received on X date and link to website but it doesn't show this info on the link
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Gommsta,
Under two months " in process" would be some sort of record BUT you were lucky enough to be allocated to Ottawa and not London so anything is possible.
The rest of us have to wait for the London office to get back on the job again !
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

dr_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by williamceri
Gommsta,
Under two months " in process" would be some sort of record BUT you were lucky enough to be allocated to Ottawa and not London so anything is possible.
The rest of us have to wait for the London office to get back on the job again !
Hello,

I am a little confused.. What do you mean by getting back to their jobs again?
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 4:39 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gommsta
Morning folks,

Just an update for the spreadsheet for me. I was emailed yesterday, the 22nd of April, and asked to pay the RPRF. That is all they have asked for at this stage.

Is it a case of they won't look at my application until the fee is paid, or have they already looked at it, are happy, and are now asking me to pay the fee for issue?

Thanks!
Usually asking for RPRF means they are ready to issue your paperwork, they just need the money. Pay it and email them a copy of the receipt, I suspect you aren't far from the end. Spreadsheet updated.

Originally Posted by dr_25
Hello,

I am a little confused.. What do you mean by getting back to their jobs again?
Ignore him, he's whinging.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 5:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by williamceri
Gommsta,
I do understand how frustrating it is and I agree that London tends to be slower at times but they are still processing.

I'm sure you will hear something soon - hang in there!

Old Apr 23rd 2016, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore him, he's whinging.[/QUOTE]

No Schnookololy I am not whinging, just frustrated. I note that your application took just 151 days while we are about to enter our 9th month. So I guess you would never understand how frustrating it is waiting!

Old Apr 23rd 2016, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I do understand how frustrating it is and I agree that London tends to be slower at times but they are still processing.

I'm sure you will hear something soon - hang in there!

Many thanks Siouxie for understanding how frustrating it is. Having been 'blatantly discriminated against' (their words not mine) by the Harper goverment for six years, you can well understand why the wait is so frustrating.

Yes, we will hang in there and keep hoping for some action soon. Thanks again for understanding.
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

LHaywood1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gommsta
Morning folks,

Thanks!
I paid 5 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything back from Ottawa. Hoping I hear something soon!
Old Apr 24th 2016, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

It's frustrating!

Application received by CIC Vegreville February 2005
Application processing begun May 2005
Request for information August 2005
Information submitted September 2005
Sponsorship approved by CIC January 2006

Letter received from CIC London stating my son was non-accompanying June 2006

(It took several e-mails and many weeks for them to find his file and acknowledge he was accompanying).

Medical Request sent to wrong address January 2007
Medical Request sent to correct address March 2007
Police Certificate requested March 2007
Police Certificate submitted April 2007
Medical for my son completed April 2007
Medical for me completed April 2007
Further Medical testing for me required July 2007
Medical Clearance for me given December 2007
Letter confirming I could apply for OHIP card January 2008

We then heard nothing for 8 months. CIC call centre told me repeatedly they were waiting for London to close the file so they could issue our PR. CIC London would not answer e-mail requests for updates. CIC Vegreville contacted London but could get no further information.

E-mail to Minister of Immigration sent August 2008

Letter received 13th September 2008 from London CIC stating they had lost my son's police certificate, his medical had expired and they required updated background information.

They had not looked at his file in over a year and it was only when the Ministers' office contacted them that they checked it.

Confirmation from the Ministers office received September that once CIC London had the requested information PR would be granted within 8-12 weeks.

Police Certificate, photo's and background information submitted and received by CIC London Oct 14th 2008.

November 2008 - Immigration London finally gave my son a file number and stated "we started processing your application on November 8th" - 3 years and 9 months after they received it.

I have never been given an explanation as to why they did not issue a file number prior to this.

Medical forms (old system) received from CIC London January 16th 2009 despite assurance they would be issued as soon as the photo's were received (it took 3 months for them to send the forms from receipt of the photo's). My son was in Canada and did not get them until he returned to England on 12th Feb 2009.

Medical re-done and submitted March 10th 2009.

Letter received from Medical Division requesting Psychiatric evaluation for my son as he had admitted to infrequent and ocassional social use of marijuana as a teenager.

After attending the interview in June it took 9 weeks to get the report from the psychiatrist and a further 9 weeks for that report to be evaluated by the medical division in London.

November 16th 2009 - request for new Police Certificate (the 3rd one!) and confirmation that the my son had passed the medical requirements. Request for updated forms IMM0008 and IMM5406E as well.

We were instructed to submit the ACPO and forms within 30 days otherwise my son would have to have another medical as his expires in March.

ACPO and forms received by CIC London on 2nd December 2009 and acknowledged on 14th December and confirmation given that the file was with an Immigration Officer for final assessment.

I Called CIC 6th January 2010 and was told a decision was made on Monday 4th January... and "welcome to Canada"

It has been the longest most stressful 5 years of my life!

Siouxie,

I have just clicked onto the underlined part of your email and - oh my goodness! Just hope that never happens to anyone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.