Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 23rd 2016, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

I know people will say it does not mean anything, but on the timeline stats it shows that Ottawa have given " decision made " 7 times this year whilst London have only given 3.
Just an observation !
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by williamceri
I know people will say it does not mean anything, but on the timeline stats it shows that Ottawa have given " decision made " 7 times this year whilst London have only given 3.
Just an observation !
I thought the same thing. I applied in November and am being processed in London. Out of the 16 applications received in Nov & Dec, 7 have been finalised and all 7 of those were processed in Ottawa. Sod's Law that mine was sent to London

Well, it is what it is.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify: a UK citizen can be a member of ICCRC (and therefore qualified to given Canadian immigration advice) as long as they are also a Permanent Resident of Canada (or a Canadian citizen i.e. dual citizen) and have passed the ICCRC exam and as such are designated as an RCIC. You need to check the credentials of whoever you decide to use on:

http://secure.iccrc-crcic.ca/search-new/EN

However, an Agent (working for a consultant) is not authorised to give Canadian immigration advice (an agent facilitates business for the consultant). Only someone who is qualified may give advice for a fee.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Mar 23rd 2016 at 7:36 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame you've had a bad experience with this company; a quick search of the forum (& Google) will show that others have indeed had issues/been advised not to use them, for years .

ETA: did you by any chance pay by credit card? You *might* be able to get a refund.

Otherwise, it's pretty unusual to need a consultant for a straightforward spousal visa application.

Last edited by Shirtback; Mar 23rd 2016 at 8:16 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

d1ffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Maybe a silly question, but do I need to send my passport or just a photocopy of it to London? I received my CPCO Final Request email, but the instructions are a bit confusing. I am a UK citizen with a UK passport.

D1ffer
Old Mar 24th 2016, 12:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by d1ffer
Hi,

Maybe a silly question, but do I need to send my passport or just a photocopy of it to London? I received my CPCO Final Request email, but the instructions are a bit confusing. I am a UK citizen with a UK passport.

D1ffer
If you've had your PP request from CPCO, wouldn't you send it to Ottawa?

What do the instructions say exactly?

Old Mar 24th 2016, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Dear d1ffer:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform CPC-Ottawa immediately by email to: [email protected] with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform CPC-Ottawa immediately at the email address above:

Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
Change in health;
You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.

Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

· Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at:
Find out if you need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa

· Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):
Please provide your valid passport or travel document and a valid passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.
There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).
Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.
All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependant children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependant children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.
Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter, including the Updated Information Chart in Appendix A

2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...f/5445EB-e.pdf
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package.

A) To submit your package to London:

i. For citizens of a country required to obtain a visa to Canada - Via the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in London

Please visit the VAC website for details on how to submit your package for secure transmission and for issuance of the permanent resident visa(s). (*Please note fees apply) Canada Visa Information - United Kingdom - Home Page.

ii. For citizens of a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada – Via courier or mail directly to the London office

Mail or courier your package to:

VPU Processing (LDN)
Immigration Division - Canadian High Commission
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London, SW1Y 5BJ
United Kingdom

In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x 30cm or 8.5” x 12”). Do not put stamps on your return envelope. Do not use a courier envelope as your return envelope. If your return address is in the UK, you may use a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope that is large enough (keep a copy of the tracking number). For packages signed for on receipt at the High Commission, you may be able to track receipt via the website of the courier company.

You should expect to be without your passport(s) for four weeks, so do not arrange any travel that will require your passport(s) during this period.

If you have not heard from us after four weeks, you may contact us using the email form on our website. We will not respond to queries received during this four week period.

B) To submit your package in Canada:

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON

Text Box: NOTE: Visa Validity

The issuance of your Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested.

Once you receive your Permanent Resident document(s), please verify the information on it is correct. If there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform CPC-Ottawa immediately. Your name will appear in the same format as it appears in your passport.

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.
K1A 1L1

We are looking forward to receiving your package within 30 days to conclude your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section
Old Mar 24th 2016, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Odd_Bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

My application is now "In Process" on ECAS! \o/
Old Mar 24th 2016, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Brad_G is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

D1ffer
Just a photocopy as you don't need a visa along with your new photos.

I had the same request 2 weeks ago, sent it all off the day after. Hopefully i'll hear soon.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Brad_G
Just a photocopy as you don't need a visa along with your new photos.

I had the same request 2 weeks ago, sent it all off the day after. Hopefully i'll hear soon.
Cheers Brad! That's what I thought, and I'm glad I checked, as I need my passport for work in April, so glad I can just send a photocopy.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 4:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in Canada you can send the photocopy to Ottawa, per the directives in the letter.
If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.

B) To submit your package in Canada:

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 24th 2016 at 4:36 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Update - Just received my email from CIC for "CPOC-FinalRequest"! Whoop!

I do have one question. Do I need to pay from anything on the VAC website? Or can I just post my letter and passport straight to London?

d1ffer
There's some processing fees. Mine were about 43 quid in total and I paid for two way courier etc. Really simple process. Just DX (the courier) are crap, so make sure you chase them if you don't hear anything.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adfletch83
I thought the same thing. I applied in November and am being processed in London. Out of the 16 applications received in Nov & Dec, 7 have been finalised and all 7 of those were processed in Ottawa. Sod's Law that mine was sent to London

Well, it is what it is.
Hi Adfletch83 I Agree it does seem a little strange and quite annoying we applied in October 2015. Of the people who applied in Sept and October all cases except 1 have been sent to London. Of these cases sent to London only 1 have been passed. This was passed in December 2015. From the remaining 17 on the spread sheet not one of these have received a DM in 2016 (that we know of)... The 3 cases that London has passed this year only 1 of these was from an application made in 2015!!!

One could surmise that cic started sending cases to Ottawa when they realised London was either completely over run with cases or they were gearing up for all the new express entry visas to which London clearly devotes a considerable percentage of their resources.... Guess we all have to play the waiting game....
Old Mar 24th 2016, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bexleybuttler
Hi Adfletch83 I Agree it does seem a little strange and quite annoying we applied in October 2015. Of the people who applied in Sept and October all cases except 1 have been sent to London. Of these cases sent to London only 1 have been passed. This was passed in December 2015. From the remaining 17 on the spread sheet not one of these have received a DM in 2016 (that we know of)... The 3 cases that London has passed this year only 1 of these was from an application made in 2015!!!

One could surmise that cic started sending cases to Ottawa when they realised London was either completely over run with cases or they were gearing up for all the new express entry visas to which London clearly devotes a considerable percentage of their resources.... Guess we all have to play the waiting game....
We applied early August and so far - nothing. So we approached our local (Canadian) M.P., whose assistant replied via email as follows:-

"I was assured by the Immigration officer I spoke with, that there are no problems or holdups with your husband’s case. There are various factors that contribute to the length of time a case takes to process (one of the most important is the country of origin, as different visa offices have different backlogs) the standard time for the UK is 17 months which is what we are expecting in your husband’s case".

So much for help from the M.P. or his assistant! I don't believe she approached London, only Ottawa, and as my spouse is a Canadian Citizen (born in England with a Canadian natural born Mother) and I am from Wales, I can't see why the comment regarding country of origin. If there are no holdups, why have 6 applications received after we applied been completed.

So like everyone else - still confused and still waiting.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I mean, the processing time say 17 months, so we can't really 'complain' when it's only been 6 (or 4 in my case), it's just frustrating when we see people getting approved in 4 months when in some cases it takes 3 months to get SA!

I'm using the spreadsheet's 'average' of 10 months in my head, so I'm hoping for around August/September. Maybe if yours is 10 months, you'll hear something in the next 3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.