Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 11th 2016, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

jk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I get how you are interpreting it, but I still disagree with your interpretation. There is a distinction between the country where you are a RESIDENT, and the country where you are VISITING.
Just doesn't make sense to me.
If the Question is "Where is your country of residence, if residence means being a permanent resident, citizen etc." then your answer is "UK". But that form gives you the option to choose visitor. It's impossible for you to be a visitor and a PR/citizen etc. so that answer doesn't make any sense. So why have it.
If the Question is "Where are you living" then the answer is "Canada" and now it makes sense to have those options to choose your status and the option visitor makes logical sense to be included.

So for that reason I interpret it the second way, and did not have a problem with my application. Sunshine interpreted it your way and did have a problem, so my suggestion would be to change it to the other interpretation (they both can't be wrong!). Either way the question is ambiguous and should be clarified.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Have received an email today that they were about to make a decision but have not received a copy of my CSQ and proof of PR fees.

We definitely sent them, however I can easily print out the receipt and PDF of the $490 and post to London. I am just concerned about the CSQ? How can I get proof that this has been processed successfully in Quebec? I've tried using the website but it's not great at all.

Any help would be awesome, you've all been great so far.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 11:40 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkxpunch
Hi all,

Have received an email today that they were about to make a decision but have not received a copy of my CSQ and proof of PR fees.

We definitely sent them, however I can easily print out the receipt and PDF of the $490 and post to London. I am just concerned about the CSQ? How can I get proof that this has been processed successfully in Quebec? I've tried using the website but it's not great at all.

Any help would be awesome, you've all been great so far.
No idea about the csq, someone else will need to step in... But the fees, you should have paid $1040 total... Did you only pay $490?
Old Feb 12th 2016, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

No idea about the csq, someone else will need to step in... But the fees, you should have paid $1040 total... Did you only pay $490?
Hi yes sorry we paid in two installments - which i Know isn't the best way. I'm just printing the receipt for it now and posting to london visa office. CSQ we're gonna look into. Heart rate is fairly up :/
Old Feb 12th 2016, 3:24 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi yes sorry we paid in two installments - which i Know isn't the best way. I'm just printing the receipt for it now and posting to london visa office. CSQ we're gonna look into. Heart rate is fairly up :/
Ah ok!

You should be able to email the receipt I believe...
Old Feb 12th 2016, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ah ok!

You should be able to email the receipt I believe...
I have emailed the receipt and sent a paper version to their offices to be safe. My wife has the CSQ certificate copies and confirmation. She is going to send over tomorrow. I'm so relieved it's unreal. They do tease when they say, we're ready to make the decision but just needs these two docs....haha.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I have emailed the receipt and sent a paper version to their offices to be safe. My wife has the CSQ certificate copies and confirmation. She is going to send over tomorrow. I'm so relieved it's unreal. They do tease when they say, we're ready to make the decision but just needs these two docs....haha.
Remember to breathe . It's not unheard of for CSQ confirmation to get lost on the way to/at CIC.

Just send them proof.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally recieved sponsorship approval, not sure if it was the MP getting in touch, but I don't really believe in coincidence. No weird on why it took so long, but it's moving again.

For the spreadsheet
Sponsorship approval :17th February 2016
PR processing office : Ottawa
Old Feb 17th 2016, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rtoddpm
Finally recieved sponsorship approval, not sure if it was the MP getting in touch, but I don't really believe in coincidence. No weird on why it took so long, but it's moving again.

For the spreadsheet
Awesome, finally!!!
Old Feb 17th 2016, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again!

I just checked ye ol' status and it appears London has been processing PR since 11 February! Very exciting. Would you mind adding that to the spreadsheet please? Suddenly very excited again! Fingers crossed you hear from me again with good news soon.

Strangely it still says SA in process despite receiving an SA approval confirmation email ages ago. I suppose their IT team just forgot to update that.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 9:21 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by rtoddpm

For the spreadsheet
Yay! Glad you got that sorted out! It may have just got stuck in the pipes somewhere and the MP's involvement just gave them a bit of a nudge. Hopefully smooth sailing from here!

Originally Posted by CReg91
Hello again!

I just checked ye ol' status and it appears London has been processing PR since 11 February! Very exciting. Would you mind adding that to the spreadsheet please? Suddenly very excited again! Fingers crossed you hear from me again with good news soon.

Strangely it still says SA in process despite receiving an SA approval confirmation email ages ago. I suppose their IT team just forgot to update that.
Don't get TOO excited, they tend to update that quickly, but it does feel nice to see some movement online in any case! And don't read into the SA thing not changing, smetimes it just gets overlooked or an officer didn't do it or whatever. YOu have the email, so that's what counts!

Both updated!
Old Feb 18th 2016, 9:13 am
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you also add that I had my medicals done on August 15th
Old Feb 18th 2016, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems Ottawa is processing a lot of the applications for Stage 2 recently!
Old Feb 18th 2016, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Crayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond reputeCrayon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again we are married and I am waiting for my passport (leith new surname (waiting already 7 weeks and doesn't look like I will have it for another month or more)

Gutted as wanted to apply asap.
Tomorrow I have doctor appointment If I will do it obviously will be on my maiden surname and same with CRB from uk, is that any problem? Can we apply with that for sponsorship and just email them
With updated passport once is done?

I really worry they will make my PR card for maiden name anyway and will have troubles help
Should I wait or go for doctor and go for it and apply in maiden name?
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crayon
Hi again we are married and I am waiting for my passport (leith new surname (waiting already 7 weeks and doesn't look like I will have it for another month or more)

Gutted as wanted to apply asap.
Tomorrow I have doctor appointment If I will do it obviously will be on my maiden surname and same with CRB from uk, is that any problem? Can we apply with that for sponsorship and just email them
With updated passport once is done?

I really worry they will make my PR card for maiden name anyway and will have troubles help
Should I wait or go for doctor and go for it and apply in maiden name?
This is not a problem in any which way, shape or form.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.