Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 21st 2015, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

jayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond reputejayca has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by williamceri
" Immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada, eliminating the two year waiting period "

Is this too good to be true ?

What does immediate mean ?
Hopefully it'll mean what its suggesting, would be nice to get more information on it,

I am about to go spend a year with my girlfriend in england and then we were going to apply for common-law, if the process time is drastically lowered by the time we send our application off, i'll be very happy.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

maliksam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello beautiful forum,

We have received a correspondence from Immigration office regarding our sponsorship application in which they have asked to provide any proof of correspondence between me and my spouse while we were living apart from each other only few months right after we got married. However we have been living together for over a year now. We used to communicate through WhatsApp and Skype, however we have not kept any records what so ever of those months. Kindly advise what can be done and said at this stage to the immigration office and how much will it effect the consequences.

Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

When did you receive this request?

How have you been communicating since you reunited? Perhaps include any proof you can from your time apart (emails, facebook posts/messages, letters, etc) and then include say 1-2 emails/letters/texts/whatever per month from when you were reunited up until now to show continuous communication.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

We received the request few days ago.

They have only asked for proof of the time when we were apart. We both upgraded our phones, no record can be found on the phones or laptops of whatsapp or skype. But we did not think of facebook.com. Just checked facebook, found near 550 messages right from the time we got married. I think it is more than enough.

For the time we have been together, its only phone calls, txt msgs and whatsapp and sometimes facebook as well. If they have not asked for it, I do think it is required to send them this information.

thank you for your help. Please do reply if you can come to something else in addition.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

When you check ECAS does it say your permanent residence application is in process?

Spreadsheet updated with the doc request.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
When you check ECAS does it say your permanent residence application is in process?

Spreadsheet updated with the doc request.
PR application is in process from 2nd October.

Documents requested on 18th October.

Thank you.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Does anyone know users CANdid, akki464 and smithyutd?

I have been messaging them for months asking for an update on their application. Below is a summary of when they were last on BE.

candid has not been online since June 2014
akki464 has not been online since April 2015
smithyutd has not been online since June 2014

If I do not hear from them within a few days I will move them to Room 101/the inactive section below the active applicants. Thanks.
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 2:39 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAYBAKERCA
Hopefully it'll mean what its suggesting, would be nice to get more information on it,

I am about to go spend a year with my girlfriend in england and then we were going to apply for common-law, if the process time is drastically lowered by the time we send our application off, i'll be very happy.
The immediate thing just means doing away with Condition 51... the two-year conditional PR period that the Tories implemented for newer relationships... that's the condition that says sponsor and applicant must remain in a relationship for 2 years from the time PR is granted else PR can be revoked. It was implemented to stop sham marriages. I personally disagree with the Liberals stance to remove it, I think it offers protection for Canadians who are duped/scammed.

Examples:
Marriage to Cuban leaves Brampton bride brokenhearted — and broke | Toronto Star
‘Runaway groom’ sues estranged wife, government | Toronto Star
And a zillion others.

Originally Posted by maliksam
We received the request few days ago.

They have only asked for proof of the time when we were apart. We both upgraded our phones, no record can be found on the phones or laptops of whatsapp or skype. But we did not think of facebook.com. Just checked facebook, found near 550 messages right from the time we got married. I think it is more than enough.

For the time we have been together, its only phone calls, txt msgs and whatsapp and sometimes facebook as well. If they have not asked for it, I do think it is required to send them this information.

thank you for your help. Please do reply if you can come to something else in addition.
Include a letter that states that you used Skype and WhatsApp, but the histories were lost when you upgraded your phones. Literally try to provide anything else that shows communication - Facebook, regular email, your cell phone bills might have records of ongoing text messages, etc. Also try logging into Skype on a desktop and see if the history can be recovered there (I'm not sure if Skype's history is device-specific or account-specific).

Hope that helps!
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Skype stores conversation history on the device.
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Bromelia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi AndrewBrit,

I would like to provide you with an update (from the London office):

- PR application is now "in process", as of 6th October

However, the CIC claim documents were missing, which they were not (*sigh*), so just sorting this out with them now.

Once they receive what they require, any idea approximately how long they then take? Are we talking months here? I am starting to lose my mind waiting.

Thank you for the info!
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spreadsheet updated, which documents are said to be missing?

I cannot say for certain when you will hear back, look at the spreadsheet, there are applicants waiting who applied long before you, and there are applicants who applied after you have already landed as a PR. Go figure!
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Bromelia is an unknown quantity at this point

Missing docs were:

- updated passport
- medical cert
- French police cert

Re: the above:

- I already sent my updated passport, but guess they cannot locate the email (not a biggy - will just send via mail but this is delaying things)

- medical cert: they have now found it and determining whether they will honour an extension as it has expired (as it took them too long to open my application), all depending where I have been since. Bad luck for me that I was in Congo Brazzaville recently! I imagine they will ask for a new one (farewell another 400 bucks)! Just waiting for their decision on this.

- French police cert: I now have this (well done France on i) not charging for this and ii) processing this quickly). I was informed that because I lived in France for less than 6 months, although on 2 separate occasions a police cert was not required. If I had known that this is not the case, I would have sent it in the first place.

So that is where I am at.
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbrought125 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update for the spreadsheet. They started processing my application on 4th June 15 and have received medical results that I took on March 4th 15. Still says in process but hope it won't be long as I'm here in Canada wanting to work asap!
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris when did your ECAS update to show that your application was in process? CIC has started backdating your IP date to just after receiving sponsor approval but we track when it changes, not the date CIC say.

Spreadsheet updated with your medical date.
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbrought125 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Chris when did your ECAS update to show that your application was in process? CIC has started backdating your IP date to just after receiving sponsor approval but we track when it changes, not the date CIC say.

Spreadsheet updated with your medical date.
Not sure sorry, everytime I had checked before today it was just application received. Last time was probably about a month ago. Don't believe I had an email to say it had changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.