Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:46 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by MapleLeafers
Hi All

Just thought id post our timelines for those still awaiting their visas.

Timeline: Sponsorship app. sent 28th Sept 10, Received in Mississauga 1st Oct 10, Approved as Sponsor 1st Nov 10, Letter Received 8th Nov 10, London Starting processing 25th Nov 10, PPR requested 24th Jan 11, Passport sent 26th Jan 11, Passport returned with VISA
15th Feb 11 yeah ...

Id like to say a huge thankyou to everyone who has been posting their stories since Sept as it has definately helped us in moments of madness, it is very stressful just waiting especially when people have similar timelines as yours and they hear before you.

We did receive an email the week before my wife got her PPR which was over non payment of fees, which were all paid in Sept so we (frantically) emailed back supporting documents and that was that.

We are now in the process of shipping our goods and plan to land at the end of March 11

Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone still waiting.

ps. how do you get your timeslines to show below????
You go into your profile and it's classed as your signature so you can edit it there.

Can I ask - myself and Leggy have a question on the 'help with sponsorship' thread if someone wouldn't mind popping in to have a look
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Quick question for those of you that sent your passport back to London from Canada, how long did it take for them to return it? I Fedexed mine overnight so they received it on Monday, but my boss is asking me when I can return to work, so I'm wondering what sort of time frame I should give her?

Cheers
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

ste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really niceste1234 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dtilley592
Hi Guys,

Quick question for those of you that sent your passport back to London from Canada, how long did it take for them to return it? I Fedexed mine overnight so they received it on Monday, but my boss is asking me when I can return to work, so I'm wondering what sort of time frame I should give her?

Cheers
I sent mine on the 20th of Jan, arrived on the 24th. They sent it back on the 15th Feb and it arrived on 21st. It was sent Royal Mail and needed a signature.

PS Service Ontario will not give you an OHIP card until you have your Confirmation of Permanent Residency signed and stamped.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that,

Another quick question for those of you that have landed. I have read somewhere that you have to provide proof of funds when you land? Is this true and how much do you have to prove you have? Just wondering becuase I don't recall seeing this on the application.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtilley592
Thanks for that,

Another quick question for those of you that have landed. I have read somewhere that you have to provide proof of funds when you land? Is this true and how much do you have to prove you have? Just wondering becuase I don't recall seeing this on the application.
I don't think this applies for spousal visas
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by caleo
I sure hope not!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VW092906
I sure hope not!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:28 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

@ Caleo

No there's no proof of funds need for spousal.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:08 pm
LZA
Forum Regular

LZA is an unknown quantity at this point

guys - would appreciate some advice; just going through my forms so that we can send them of tomorrow -I was looking through the 'Application for permanent residence in Canada (IMM 0008 Generic)' form; I know I don't need to include my wife/common-law partner as she is a Canadian citizen, however I am confused regarding our children, they are also all Canadian citizen's - dowe include them or not? The guide states that all dependent children need to be included but not sure if this relates to non-Canadians or not; thanks.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 1:47 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by LZA
guys - would appreciate some advice; just going through my forms so that we can send them of tomorrow -I was looking through the 'Application for permanent residence in Canada (IMM 0008 Generic)' form; I know I don't need to include my wife/common-law partner as she is a Canadian citizen, however I am confused regarding our children, they are also all Canadian citizen's - dowe include them or not? The guide states that all dependent children need to be included but not sure if this relates to non-Canadians or not; thanks.
No they are not included. Note the line at the top page 2 "who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada"
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:03 am
LZA
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No they are not included. Note the line at the top page 2 "who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada"
Thanks PMM, appreciate it. I know I'm probably being a pest now; have another question, I need to get a "Statutory Declaration from an individual with personal knowledge of our relationship....." Does this have to be someone with a particular profession etc or can it be anyone that has known us for a certain period of time? In addition, does this mean that I still need to send passport, birth certificate, citizenship copies with my application for my wife and kids or just mine alone?

Last edited by LZA; Feb 24th 2011 at 11:04 am.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 5:26 pm
LZA
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LZA
Thanks PMM, appreciate it. I know I'm probably being a pest now; have another question, I need to get a "Statutory Declaration from an individual with personal knowledge of our relationship....." Does this have to be someone with a particular profession etc or can it be anyone that has known us for a certain period of time? In addition, does this mean that I still need to send passport, birth certificate, citizenship copies with my application for my wife and kids or just mine alone?
Can anyone help with this please; it looks like this maybe the final piece of the jigsaw that needs to be done so that I can send the application pack off - thanks.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anyone else tired of waiting?!?! We called yet again on Friday and were told to call back on monday and would hopefully receive good news. No answer Monday, but got through on Tuesday. Was told still no answer - give them another day - and not to call again - they would call us. We were told we have absolutely nothing to worry about. We have my brother's wedding in May and want to know whether we are booking single or return flights. Having a down day about it today - just want the email/letter to say yes!!! There doesn't seem to be much action!
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

i have a query:
has anyone here been able to log into eCas using a Immigration File Number... Fxxxxxxxxx (9digits)

Ive been logging into eCas using my sponsors receipt number which is fine cos it seems to show fairly up to date info, but i would like to see whats on mine.

also, cos I have an immigration consultant, will the CIC deal with me? I want to send a case specific email just to see if it speeds mine along (As it seems to have done for others here). my immigration consultant didnt think it was a good idea to send one at all when i suggested to him that he send one for me...
Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

hahaha, well we'd sure be in a heap of trouble if it did!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.