Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 29th 2015, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

TheBaldricks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

My Husbands Visa came through! :-)

Thanks for all the help and advice!
Old Apr 29th 2015, 10:46 am
Just Joined

lakoquine is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the advice and cheering up ShnookyLoly and PrincessTigger!
And congrats TheBaldricks!
Old Apr 30th 2015, 4:19 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough

I posted this over on Canada Visa... but for those here tracking the London office, after 10 days and multiple chasers I finally have an update from my MPs office.

I was able to connect with our contact at CIC and he indicated that your application is actively being processed. Currently the background checks are being worked and the eligibility is in progress. The medicals are ok for now. He was not able to give me a timeframe for the completion of the application, so I have sent an inquiry directly to London to see if they have an updated timeline that they can provide for you. When I hear from London, I will be sure to forward on the information to your attention.
Now, I'm taking that update with a pinch of salt because I sounds just like translation of what I saw in my notes. They did indeed review eligibility and request an RCMP check in August last year... I was more curious as to why no updates since!

But trying to be optimistic and take their word that it's 'actively being processed'. Hopefully the London enquiry will kick something into gear.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheBaldricks
My Husbands Visa came through! :-)

Thanks for all the help and advice!
Hi there, do you mean you received his COPR in the mail? Prior to this were you notified of decision made?
Old Apr 30th 2015, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

lramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hijack another question again but I eventually have an up date!

CIC have contacted me today via email asking for:

CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés

This is obviously because we are intending to reside in Quebec. They have asked that this is supplied to them within 30 Days.

We sent off our paperwork to Quebec 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything at all from them. Not even confirmation of receipt.

Any ideas?

As ever many thanks in advance
Old Apr 30th 2015, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

lakoquine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lramsey11
This is obviously because we are intending to reside in Quebec. They have asked that this is supplied to them within 30 Days.

We sent off our paperwork to Quebec 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything at all from them. Not even confirmation of receipt.
e
Hi,

We never received a confirmation of receipt either. The CSQ just turned up in the post one day.
6 weeks seems just about whitin normal time, I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the processing time was 50 working days, but I've tried looking and can't find the info anymore, sorry.
One thing to be aware of, my csq letter said they had informed CIC of the decision, however CIC sent me a request a few weeks later for me to send it to them.

Now, just thinking as I type this, could it be that because of thd whole London-Ottawa-Mississauga thing, the communication between Quebec and CIC has gone even more rubbish?

I hope this helped a bit. I'm glad for once I can contribute!
Now, would you mind me asking where you're thinking of settling? Just out of curiosity really! We will be in Quebec City.

Last edited by lakoquine; Apr 30th 2015 at 7:07 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

lramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond reputelramsey11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lakoquine,

Many thanks for the quick response. We amazingly managed to get through to Quebec Immigration this afternoon and speak to someone. Seemingly they say processing should take approx 25 days and that we should chase them if it is not complete by then. They said we have an open file and that it was opened on 9th April.

That is good advice about CIC not necessarily receiving their correspondence so we will be sure to send them ourselves also.

Finally we are living in Montreal, I am here at the moment on an IEC Visa but that runs out in a couple of months. Fingers crossed our processing is complete before then. Quebec city is lovely, I've been once in the winter once in the summer! :-)

Originally Posted by lakoquine
Hi,

We never received a confirmation of receipt either. The CSQ just turned up in the post one day.
6 weeks seems just about whitin normal time, I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the processing time was 50 working days, but I've tried looking and can't find the info anymore, sorry.
One thing to be aware of, my csq letter said they had informed CIC of the decision, however CIC sent me a request a few weeks later for me to send it to them.

Now, just thinking as I type this, could it be that because of thd whole London-Ottawa-Mississauga thing, the communication between Quebec and CIC has gone even more rubbish?

I hope this helped a bit. I'm glad for once I can contribute!
Now, would you mind me asking where you're thinking of settling? Just out of curiosity really! We will be in Quebec City.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

shooey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Has anyone have any advice re. organising the proof of Canadian citizenship on behalf of a minor child residing outside Canada from the UK? Apologies if this info is already in the wiki, but I couldn't seem to find it if it is

My PR visa application has just gone to London and assuming (hoping!!) it doesn't take 29 months, looking at the processing time for citizenship certificates 'applying on behalf of a minor child residing outside Canada and outside the United States' this could take up to 9 months (looking at the CIC website) or up to 2 years (!!) looking at the UK Canadian High Commission website.

Is it worth applying now from the UK or waiting until we land with my PR visa and apply then, when we can give a Canadian address (and may only then take 5 months to receive)?
Old May 1st 2015, 2:43 am
Just Joined

Zoeboe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Another update for the spreadsheet for our application.
ECAS showed decision made April 28th and received email requesting passport photos, passport scans, and info chart on April 29th
Old May 1st 2015, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoeboe
Hi,

Another update for the spreadsheet for our application.
ECAS showed decision made April 28th and received email requesting passport photos, passport scans, and info chart on April 29th
Spreadsheet updated. Congratulations! Let us know when you receive your COPR.
Old May 1st 2015, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

so pretty sucky news, i called ottawa last week for an update and was told cic sent an email on march 27th for 2 further proof documents. I never received the email and asked for it to be resent which wasn't a problem, i was told to wait 3-5 working days. I called today to inform them i hadn't recieved the email and told it is now going To be sent by mail which can take up to a month. Annoying part is my WP is up on may 19th and I'm hf here on a visitor visa (still waiting to here). looks like my hopes of remaining in CA for a decision aren't going to happen
I just have to remember my lady friend is worth the stress and hassle 10 fold. Us brits love a good old love story. *sigh*
Old May 1st 2015, 6:11 am
Just Joined

rudolph6 is an unknown quantity at this point

*For the speadsheet*

We finally got sponsorship approval on April 29th and our application is going to be processed in Ottawa.

Thanks everyone for calming me down over the process! :-)
Old May 1st 2015, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Hi all - our Sponsorship Approval is now over 50 days overdue. I have a UCI number from the Call Centre but they have not even started processing yet. My emails etc are being ignored. My MP in Canada put a status request in a couple of week back and has heard nothing either. Seems like we've just fallen into a black hole, so being unable to do anything, I've decided to withdraw my application.

Does anyone know if I'll get all of my money back and if they will return my documents? There were photographs and personal information in there which I want back!
Old May 1st 2015, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Divvym1
so pretty sucky news, i called ottawa last week for an update and was told cic sent an email on march 27th for 2 further proof documents. I never received the email and asked for it to be resent which wasn't a problem, i was told to wait 3-5 working days. I called today to inform them i hadn't recieved the email and told it is now going To be sent by mail which can take up to a month. Annoying part is my WP is up on may 19th and I'm hf here on a visitor visa (still waiting to here). looks like my hopes of remaining in CA for a decision aren't going to happen
I just have to remember my lady friend is worth the stress and hassle 10 fold. Us brits love a good old love story. *sigh*
Originally Posted by rudolph6
*For the speadsheet*

We finally got sponsorship approval on April 29th and our application is going to be processed in Ottawa.

Thanks everyone for calming me down over the process! :-)
Spreadsheet updated! Thanks guys.
Old May 1st 2015, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dillisodhi
Hi all - our Sponsorship Approval is now over 50 days overdue. I have a UCI number from the Call Centre but they have not even started processing yet. My emails etc are being ignored. My MP in Canada put a status request in a couple of week back and has heard nothing either. Seems like we've just fallen into a black hole, so being unable to do anything, I've decided to withdraw my application.

Does anyone know if I'll get all of my money back and if they will return my documents? There were photographs and personal information in there which I want back!
With your UCI number does ECAS give you any info? Why not wait until your MP comes back with an update before you withdraw the app? There has been a few applications which take longer than expected for sponsor approval. I know it must be horrible but withdrawing and resubmitting will add on longer than waiting another month.

They should return your application package, but I am unsure about the fees.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.