Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 27th 2014, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by pdlodge
So I got in touch with my MP last friday because its been well over 6 weeks since i was approved on ECAS. London never replied to my emails and it has been 8 days and counting.

She contacted Ottawa (they have some helpline there) and they gave her this info:

and they advised her to follow up with London:

I spoke to her on the phone today and she emailed London for me. She said they are usually good at replying and she expects a response tomorrow. Which surprised me but obviously they take an enquiry from an MP's email address more seriously.

I asked her if she could phone them and she dismissed it - they either dont pick up or theres no number.

So does anyone have any idea what this means? It's not clear if the "errors" are in the COPR they printed or in my documents. I know they certainly havent emailed me asking for new documents, and I'm pretty sure my application was good. And they even said they approved it October 2nd.

but if it's an error in the COPR then surely it's just a matter of changing a couple letters and reprinting it - that shouldnt take 7 weeks+.

I know some people got asked for updated passport photos before COPR was issued so maybe it's that. But they never asked me for new photos.
My partner's COPR was required to be reissued last year and we had the same problem. The problem was on their end with the contents of the COPR.

After a bunch of pestering we were told in an email from London VO that the delay in the reissuance of the COPR was because they needed to get the remaining passport photos that were originally sent with our application from Sweden, where they were being stored (we were never asked for new ones), because I guess the ones on the faulty COPR are no longer valid? I am guessing if you keep asking them you'll get a similar excuse (although I still have my doubts on its validity).

As much as it's frustrating, at least you're almost done! With your MP involved I am guessing those photos magically appear from storage pretty quick. Good luck.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 4:25 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Errors in the COPR were important enough to require a new one to be printed. That requires another set of photos and takes some time. It is a very unusual event and may have been caused by the printer damaging the original one. It is absolutely NOT an excuse. It is what happened and you were just unlucky.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

pdlodge is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh look, now my MP is involved they emailed me today. " your copr has not yet been mailed however we are now in the process of doing so".
Old Nov 27th 2014, 12:55 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Oh look, now my MP is involved they emailed me today. " your copr has not yet been mailed however we are now in the process of doing so".
Glad you finally know that it's on the way! Annoying it's taken this long but hopefully you have it in hand soon! Keeping fingers crossed for you.
Old Nov 28th 2014, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Yeah they emailed my MP too saying it was reprinted today and you should have it shortly. So Earl Dreeshen has my wife's vote next election , haha. Just wish I'd got my MP involved sooner.

Still not happy with CIC. I hope the people in London realise they're messing up people's lives when they get careless and forget to send a COPR.
Old Nov 28th 2014, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Not to mention I emailed them 12 days ago and they respond to my enquiry the same day my MP emails them? Doubt it's a coincidence.

So, advice for everyone . If you want a response from London, just go through your MP.
Old Nov 28th 2014, 1:42 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah they emailed my MP too saying it was reprinted today and you should have it shortly. So Earl Dreeshen has my wife's vote next election , haha. Just wish I'd got my MP involved sooner.

Still not happy with CIC. I hope the people in London realise they're messing up people's lives when they get careless and forget to send a COPR.
What is this about forgetting to send a COPR?
Old Nov 28th 2014, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

d they did not send it for 7 weeks and then suddenly do it the day my MP calls them
Old Nov 29th 2014, 3:03 am

d they did not send it for 7 weeks and then suddenly do it the day my MP calls them
I believe they answered that question. To me that time line seems reasonable given their resources and work load.
Old Nov 30th 2014, 3:18 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

I sent off my application for Sponsorship over a week ago but when Should I expect a reply as I havent heard anything yet, not even to say they have it....?
Old Nov 30th 2014, 5:04 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by snuggs
I sent off my application for Sponsorship over a week ago but when Should I expect a reply as I havent heard anything yet, not even to say they have it....?

The present processing time for "out of Canada" sponsorships at Mississauga is 44 days, then you will receive an approval/refusal of the sponsorship portion. CIC doesn't acknowledge receipt of applications.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 1:28 am
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

The present processing time for "out of Canada" sponsorships at Mississauga is 44 days, then you will receive an approval/refusal of the sponsorship portion. CIC doesn't acknowledge receipt of applications.

Thank you for your reply.... I shall count down the days until I hopefully receive my approval
Old Dec 1st 2014, 7:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

7 weeks is perfectly normal, sounds like just a coincidence to me.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 3:09 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Yes they do, or at least I got an email confirming receipt of my application.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Andie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the roughAndie8 is a jewel in the rough

We're in! Well, I'm in and 'we're in' subject to my dear husband not being deemed a passport chancer! Seeing as he's been to Nova Scotia 14 of the last 18 years I think we're pretty safe...

Sponsor approval 1 December 2014.

The letter refers to a "visa office abroad" and goes on to specify CPC - Ottawa.

So, I think our fate rests in the hands of a lovely Ottowanian. Ottowan? Ottowian? Ottowaner? Vive le Canada! La Canada? I'll stop now....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.