Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 17th 2013, 6:53 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

[QUOTE=SchnookoLoly;10903303]

General question for everyone else: DO you find the red highlighting of the completed applications too intense? I feel like I get shocked every time I open the spreadsheet. Am debating changing it to a nice green or something (green seems like a nicer "it's complete!" colour) but wanted to check with others before making a unilateral change.

Love the idea of making it green ... as in Go ... as in "Go to Canada"

Can't wait to get added! SOOOOO close ... literally going to be signing and triple checking the forms tonight and heading to the post office tomorrow! Eeeee! Should see a post from me soon on here with the confirm khkhkh

Last edited by AnneMarieC; Sep 17th 2013 at 6:57 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 2:46 pm
RHC
Forum Regular

RHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really niceRHC is just really nice
Question re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Greetings and welcome to BE!

Firstly, congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

...Your application will not be affected by your (then) wife coming to stay with you, in fact that would enhance your application (you could actually mention it) as it shows commitment to the relationship...

First step is to download the application package and start wading through all the documents and gather your backing evidence. It does say on the application that you must send a registered copy of your marriage, however, if you send a copy of the document you are given at your wedding with a notation that you will forward the registered copy when it is available that will be fine.

... wife will need to make sure that CIC have an address or email to contact her whilst she is overseas, or else someone who can open the mail at home, just in case they ask for any further information.

Thanks for the advice Siouxie, and thanks to everyone who contributes to this invaluable forum!

I have few more questions from filling out the forms that are confusing me (apologies if I am posting on the wrong forum thread of if I should ask specific questions in a different arena):

On Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire IMM5490:
1) My wife (Canadian sponsor living in Calgary) and I (living in England) have been travelling separately to each country to stay with each other for up to 7 weeks at a time. I'm not sure if I should include the longer periods of this in the section 27 which asks for periods if we have cohabited.

2) I also don't know the correct answer to section 28 which asks if I am living with my sponsor as I have to return to England a week after our wedding next week and my sponsor will travel over to the UK a couple of weeks afterwards and stay with me until Christmas...then we will have to do the country back and forth again until I get the Spouse Visa. If I say we are not living together, I have to enter the date my sponsor returned to Canada which she hasn't left since the last period she travelled to visit me in England in the summer. Should I wait until my wife (sponsor) is staying with me in London before submitting the application or just include a note explaining the situation with my application?

On the Generic Application Form IMM0008:
3) My Current Occupation is a mixture of short-term contracts (as a non-PhD academic) and unemployment - currently getting married so don't have any contracts. My intended occupation is to move into financial services (wealth management) but intend to continue in academia (without a PhD) until then. I'm not sure if this causes a problem and what I should fill in here.

Thanks for all advice!
Old Sep 18th 2013, 3:32 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Green would certainly be more appropriate given it tends to signify approval, completion, "go" as mentioned.

Red on the other hand is generally a more "negative" colour.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 4:30 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Application posted! Phew! And now we wait ... oh ... hmm ... suppose I should get on the rest of the gazillion things on the "to do" list!
Old Sep 18th 2013, 5:12 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Alrighty, new spreadsheet uploaded, took out a few of the black lines that were doing my head in, and changed the "completed" lines to green - soooo much less eye-blinding IMO, but if anyone freaks, I'll happily(ish) change it back (I have a backup). Also moved the CL/M column to the front as it made more sense to have the stats together at the end.

Happy to take any suggestions for improvements or changes...

AnneMarieC - added you as well!
Old Sep 18th 2013, 5:17 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

Thanks! Will update when I see that Miss. has received so that you can put the appropriate date ... might take a week to get there apparently. (Did RM Int'l signed for)

PS: Spreadsheet looks great!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:12 am
Finding my Canadian Feet

I can see how this "checking" thing becomes addictive ... I've already checked my package status with Royal Mail 3 times and I only posted it yesterday LOL. Can't imagine what I'll be doing when it states its been received in Miss.!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:28 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnneMarieC
I can see how this "checking" thing becomes addictive ... I've already checked my package status with Royal Mail 3 times and I only posted it yesterday LOL. Can't imagine what I'll be doing when it states its been received in Miss.!
Probably get there next week. A few weeks later they should acknowledge receipt.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:58 pm
Finding my Canadian Feet

urf ... so impatient!

And so "roughly" 20-30 days after they acknowledge receipt is when we should hear? Or you reckon 20-30 days from next week? (Trying to plan a good time to move over but will wait for spousal approval first but hoping for mid-Nov)
Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnneMarieC
urf ... so impatient!

And so "roughly" 20-30 days after they acknowledge receipt is when we should hear? Or you reckon 20-30 days from next week? (Trying to plan a good time to move over but will wait for spousal approval first but hoping for mid-Nov)
If you look at the CIC processing times it says:

".. 23 days - Working on applications received on August 26, 2013... "

Bear in mind these are working days, not calendar days and the count down starts when they receive the application.

On that basis, they will probably receive it on or around 23rd September - so they should finish processing around 25th of October (the 2nd of October is a Public Holiday). You should receive AIP (Approval in Principal) approximately a week after that (allowing for mailing) - around the 1st week in November.

Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:14 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

The whole "look at the spreadsheet" should give you a pretty good idea of processing times. The August applications were completed in 25ish days (and that's calendar days on the spreadsheet, btw, not working days!)... so I'd guess sponsor approval before the end of October.

I mean, average processig time for all 2013 applicants is 6 months start to finish... and as more applications are approved that are closer to yours in timing, you'll have a good idea of when you can expect to hear. (Of course, all the standard disclaimers around "straight-forward cases" and all that stuff.)

THe hardest part will be not obsessing over it... easier said than done, but checking 15 times a day won't help anything, especially since eCAS only updates about once per week anyway. (Usually Tuesdays, though I think mine updated on a Friday.)

In any case, just be patient for now, keep an eye on the spreadsheet, and don't stress yourself out.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

UKHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Any of you guys, who have gone through the whole process, know whether cic confirms receipt of application at the london office after sponsorship approval?

Thanks
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:57 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by UKHR
Hi all

Any of you guys, who have gone through the whole process, know whether cic confirms receipt of application at the london office after sponsorship approval?

Thanks
London does not. (Boo.)
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

UKHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
London does not. (Boo.)
Dam......fun times!!! thanks a lot for the speedy response!
Old Sep 20th 2013, 6:34 am
Wales to Ontario

Runningfree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Annmarie, we submitted ours in August it took 6 days by Royal Mail Recorded and then 25 days for Sponsor approval. Now for the longer wait of part 2! Good luck with your application. Where are you heading?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.