Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
We didn't include trips in that question, just the main buckets of "employed", "unemployed", "studying", and "traveling". Where my husband took a week off for a trip he was still employed so we left those off, but did include the trip we did when he had left one job and before he started the next, since in that week he was unemployed abs traveling.
i was thinking that, as i am still employed and have never not been, but thought as i had included trips i had taken from england i should do the same, and then i am worried that i might miss out a holiday or something...

thanks for the help
Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Eeek Squeak!!

For anyone who is familiar with any of my previous posts where im in the midst of a nervous breakdown, convinced that I have been left behind in the process or that my application received is sitting in said status for WAY too long, well guys today I am VERY EXCITED to report that a decision has been made on my application (common-law sponsorship for PR). February till September has been the most agonising wait of my life, it seems strange that time can move seemingly so slow but at the same time seem so short, I mean it seems not too long ago we were talking excitedly in the car on our way to Edinburgh to meet our immigration lawyer for the first time and now we are at this point!!

Anyway, long story short, thank you to everyone who has offered support and talked me off the ledge more than once, this site is a true asset to all thinking or immigrating.

Im on cloud 9!!!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by George1987
Eeek Squeak!!

For anyone who is familiar with any of my previous posts where im in the midst of a nervous breakdown, convinced that I have been left behind in the process or that my application received is sitting in said status for WAY too long, well guys today I am VERY EXCITED to report that a decision has been made on my application (common-law sponsorship for PR). February till September has been the most agonising wait of my life, it seems strange that time can move seemingly so slow but at the same time seem so short, I mean it seems not too long ago we were talking excitedly in the car on our way to Edinburgh to meet our immigration lawyer for the first time and now we are at this point!!

Anyway, long story short, thank you to everyone who has offered support and talked me off the ledge more than once, this site is a true asset to all thinking or immigrating.

Im on cloud 9!!!
Sweet!!! Very very happy for you.

Congratulations and all the best
Old Sep 9th 2013, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by markstimson
Sweet!!! Very very happy for you.

Congratulations and all the best
Hey mark

Meant to get back intouch with you , that's a pain in the backside that you have to provide further information but as long as you have it in quick start then hopefully it's straight forward from there on in. As you know we have VERY similar timelines so you must be almost there by now.

Remember keep me posted buddy!!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 2:22 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Eeek Squeak!!

Im on cloud 9!!!
Awesome, congrats on getting it all finished.

Your total processing time is 208 days, which is about 3 weeks over the average for other 2013 applications. If I had to guess, your medicals not being sent originally was what slowed things down a bit, but in the end it was all approved, and now you're good to go! Hopefully you receive something in the post soon - will be curious to see if you are requested to send in a photocopy of your passport, or if you go directly to COPR!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Awesome, congrats on getting it all finished.

Your total processing time is 208 days, which is about 3 weeks over the average for other 2013 applications. If I had to guess, your medicals not being sent originally was what slowed things down a bit, but in the end it was all approved, and now you're good to go! Hopefully you receive something in the post soon - will be curious to see if you are requested to send in a photocopy of your passport, or if you go directly to COPR!
Such a weight off my shoulders, yea I think you are right about the medical , which is something that I will be telling my lawyer to save anyone else he advises in the future.

Ill keep you informed about the whole passport situation.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

pancakemeow is an unknown quantity at this point

How long does it take on average once decision is made to receive any paperwork? Waiting 2 weeks now and anxious!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 5:58 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pancakemeow
How long does it take on average once decision is made to receive any paperwork? Waiting 2 weeks now and anxious!
Depends on where you live and how good the mail is.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

UKHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I think today may be 'good news' day here!!!

My wife received confirmation that our marriage certificate has been sent off today to her address in Canada, just when we where thinking we can submit our marriage certificate in time for processing for sponsorship approval.....................my wife received an email from CIC to confirm that her sponsorship has been approved and sent to the London office today!!!!!

So all in all......solemnization of marriage is definitely accepted for sponsorship but we will send our marriage certificate to the London office anyway.

CIC states that they are working on applications received on 9th August but our application was confirmed received as at 19th August....so they are processing ahead of schedule by the looks of it!!!

Can someone please update my details on the spreadsheet....application sent to London office 9th September 2013.

BTW big congrats George1987!!!

OK enough with my rookie excitement!!!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 8:08 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Eeek Squeak!!

Im on cloud 9!!!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 9:54 am
Just Joined

DavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of lightDavidandClaire is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by UKHR
Hi All

I think today may be 'good news' day here!!!

My wife received confirmation that our marriage certificate has been sent off today to her address in Canada, just when we where thinking we can submit our marriage certificate in time for processing for sponsorship approval.....................my wife received an email from CIC to confirm that her sponsorship has been approved and sent to the London office today!!!!!

So all in all......solemnization of marriage is definitely accepted for sponsorship but we will send our marriage certificate to the London office anyway.

CIC states that they are working on applications received on 9th August but our application was confirmed received as at 19th August....so they are processing ahead of schedule by the looks of it!!!

Can someone please update my details on the spreadsheet....application sent to London office 9th September 2013.

BTW big congrats George1987!!!

OK enough with my rookie excitement!!!
Ours was received on 12th August and we have not heard anything yet!!!! It seems logic, and second guessing, does not help in this process. For us it is beyond 29 days, so I guess you were lucky!!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:26 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Facebook being fun as always:

"Just wanted to let you all know that I have just got my PR approval letter & can't quite believe the timeline! Applied on June 11th, Sponsor Approved July 11th, Application Processed August 23rd (decision made) and I just got the letter in the mail today!"

If this is what strikes do...keep striking suckers.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 3:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Got our GCMS notes today - bit later as we had to do an extra form but there you go.

It's slightly confusing, but I'll post the outlines in case it helps anyone else. Also curious to compare the dates on the form with what I've otherwise posted as my "timeline"... hopefully I can make sense of this.

We sent the application on 20 January 2012, and it was signed for on 25 January 2012. Amusingly, the notes say that the file was received on 24 January 2012.

The file was created on 18 April 2012.

Then some stats about the application (2 family members, 1 potential visa, city of destination, eligibility assessments (all passed)).

CPP Ottawa is listed as a secondary office, which we knew as the sponsor approval email was sent from CPP Ottawa.

The "Client details" section (for Husband) has him as Married, though we applied common-law. (This comes up further down.) Also has info about his passport (comes up later), contact info, address, etc etc. All standard.

Then a section for me as the sponsor, similar info as above. No idea what document they have for me though, I don't recognise the document number nor the expiry date. Odd. Anyway.

Then all the eligibility assessments: security, criminality (passed), organised crime (none), medical (passed - even says "no surveillance required"), misrepresentation (none), and ministerial relief (none).

The Finalize Application section then confirms that COPR was issued on 9 August by mail, with a validity of 12 December 2012, which we had expected.

Next is the record of correspondence... And this is where it gets a bit strange...

Outgoing:
20 June: Application has been screened (We didn't receive any communication...)
25 June: There is a comment that says, verbatim, "Ready to issue but ppt expires in Sept. Please request copy of new ppt (visa exempt)"

This is the strange part... we knew that Husband's passport expired in 2012, so we renewed it in 2011 BEFORE we started this whole application... and in the "Client Details" section, it even has the new passport number with the new expiry date - and I double-checked the number as well, it's definitely the new one. So this whole thing is a bit strange. I didn't think we even included a copy of the previous passport - the only thing I can think of is that the police check was done on the old one, but I have no idea overall. Definitely strange.

Incoming communication:
24 April: SPR Information received from CPC Mississauga
25 June: received IMM1283 (which is the financial evaluation form, which we didn't fill out), IMM1344A, and SPR Information. Looks like it was all sent from Mississauga.
2 August: received PPR from us
8 August: received "client information" (x2)

Then a whole load of verifications, payments, and fees.

The application history, which has the following dates:
18 April: Prospective
18 April: Inventory - sponsor
24 April: In progress - sponsor
27 April: Transfer - eligibility
9 May: Transferred
20 June: In progress
8 August: Application closed, reason: approved

And then another section on passing various sections (criminality, medical, etc), followed by history of the paper file and paper file transfers.

Then a section on notes:
24 April: passport photos do not include bio data, thus a CSC date not entered (??)
20 June: Correction of my husband's birthday. Well done.
20 June: loooooooooong paragraph of text summarising a few point from the application - pointing out we applied as common-law but are now spousal but can't change the class of application. Pointed out that we were due to marry April 2012, and would accept it at face value without requesting copies of the certificates as no reason to doubt it (yay!). Happy we have lived together for 12 months. No dependents. Satisfied of intent to return to Canada. Clean police checks etc. Special mention of my husband's 8 month cycling trip, but pointing out it wouldn't've been possible for my husband to stay in one country for more than 6 months, so happy with that. Note that the officer phoned my husband to verify we did get married and explained that they can't change the application class (fine, we weren't asking them to!).
25 June: one note saying that we are now married, no reason to doubt it, ready to issue COPR but passport expires in Sept so recommending issuing pending a passport request letter.
25 June: Pics and ppt copy in room 303 (LOL)
2 August: PHEP received, no changes, no ppts. (no kidding no changes, you had the same passport already!!)

And that's it.

The only bit that amuses me is about the passport... we took care of that before we applied!! Bah. Whatever. Very strange... but it does at least correct something I've said in the past that they do a PPR if you're outside of Canada... instead they just do PPR if they're blind and don't realise they already have the renewed passport!!!!!! Genius.

So that means they were ready to issue on 25 June... which meant that our application would have been 5 months flat, 25 January to 25 June. Instead it was an extra 2 months because of that... oh well, whatever. It wouldn't've mattered for us anyway because we weren't landing until December in any case, but just the principle of it. :P

Hope that helps... certainly enlightening! I'm going to go send this to Husband now so he can laugh over the comments about his cycle trip.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

UKHR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by orly
Facebook being fun as always:

"Just wanted to let you all know that I have just got my PR approval letter & can't quite believe the timeline! Applied on June 11th, Sponsor Approved July 11th, Application Processed August 23rd (decision made) and I just got the letter in the mail today!"

If this is what strikes do...keep striking suckers.
Here here!!!!!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

bubblybre86 is an unknown quantity at this point

My application was recvd in Mississauga today. Can I be added to the spreadsheet? Many thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.