Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

bertclark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Just got the update, London started processing on the 26th, hopefully mine will go through as fast as everyone else's seems to be going at the moment, fingers crossed! My partner is returning to Canada today, so the less time we have to spend apart the better!
Old Sep 1st 2010, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

u952460 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally!!! Email for passport request received yesterday. But funnily enough this was only after we emailed CIC saying that although the web was showing "Decision Made" for a week we hadnt received the email. They responded off the back of our enquiry. A little strange but good to know they actually check the enquires!
Old Sep 1st 2010, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by u952460
Finally!!! Email for passport request received yesterday. But funnily enough this was only after we emailed CIC saying that although the web was showing "Decision Made" for a week we hadnt received the email. They responded off the back of our enquiry. A little strange but good to know they actually check the enquires!
Congrats
Old Sep 1st 2010, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

quietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nice

Congrats!
One day I'll be in the same boat as you I hope!
Old Sep 1st 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

bertclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, excellent news! Also good to see another application go through London taking around a month, I can stay optimistic!
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow awesome...very jealous!!! In England right now, was hoping I can go back to T.O with my hubby but don't think its possible. I went relating some other matters to the Canadian High Commission Visa office in England, I spoke with the officer there to see if he can update me with anything...he had our file right infront of him, but he said he can't see any other updates on the file, he said they're prob just waiting for some background checks... what r they useful for
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

LuvShy is an unknown quantity at this point

what is outland and in land???
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

simongrounds is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received my passport request! Despite the CIC website still showing "In Process"

Very happy!! Just need to send my passport to London!!

We got back to Canada from the states yesterday, where I was stamped in for a further 6 months - the stars must be aligned in my favour this week!!

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by LuvShy
what is outland and in land???
Inland means that you have applied within Canada and through Canada. Outland means you have applied through your country of residence (which can be done either in or outside of Canada).

Congrats Simon!
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice

Picked up my passport with shiny visa inside today, so thanks to all who took time to answer my various questions, now to read the wiki about everything else to do with the move
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

DanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond repute

At what stages of an application do you get updates?

We sent off our app well over a week ago and we haven't even recieved confirmation of receipt yet.

When do they send letters/emails telling you whats going on? Or do you have to check the status online?
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

It'll be a month or more before they send you a letter. Then you will have a client ID that you can log in to the CIC website, this will let you know when London start processing. Then it's a waiting game (about 6 weeks for me) before they e-mail you or update the website that a decision has been made. Then you have to get your passport to London for them to put the visa in it.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

DanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, thanks for that.

I've managed to track the application through Canadian post and I now know it was recieved on 30/8.

I've been trying to log onto the CIC website with the number on the payment receipt without success. I guess thats not the IMM 5401 number they ask for.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

I tried that, it didn't work either! I don't think it's on the system until they approve sponsorship. You'll just need to be patient! Give it 5 weeks before you start worrying!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by DanielM
Cool, thanks for that.

I've managed to track the application through Canadian post and I now know it was recieved on 30/8.

I've been trying to log onto the CIC website with the number on the payment receipt without success. I guess thats not the IMM 5401 number they ask for.
That is the number you need but you won't be able to check until you've been approved sponsorship.

I just got my passport back with my shiny new PR Visa in it!!!! Ahhh It was less than 20 days from when London received it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.