Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 28th 2012, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by peng
Please share your quotes-if you don't mind that is.

Congarats Carrin!
I used atlantic movers---around Four thousand pounds for a whole container, i just had boxes for house hold goods, computers clothes photos extra, no furniture.but a lot of boxes .My bill was around thirteen hundred pounds. i thought it was quite expensive but because i came over quite quickly i didnt have a chance to get quotes...good service would recomend.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

britishcobra is an unknown quantity at this point

does anybody know a phone number to ring to speak about an application?
i have recieved sponsorship approval and my application has been sent to london but my medicals were going to expire this month so i had them re done in canada and sent them along with my file numbers etc so they could match them. but i am worried and would like to know that the medicals are with my file but cant seem to find a phone number to talk to anyone? i am living in canada. anyone know a number??
Old Mar 29th 2012, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

1-888-242‑2100

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp

It says they can't answer queries about applications that have been sent to a visa office outside canada
Old Mar 29th 2012, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britishcobra
does anybody know a phone number to ring to speak about an application?
i have recieved sponsorship approval and my application has been sent to london but my medicals were going to expire this month so i had them re done in canada and sent them along with my file numbers etc so they could match them. but i am worried and would like to know that the medicals are with my file but cant seem to find a phone number to talk to anyone? i am living in canada. anyone know a number??
I have been trying to find a number for the last 24hours, just wanted to speak to somone about the fact they want my OH to have a RCMP check, but he has never even been to Canada! He could get an appointment for the fingerprints needed tomorrow (£68) in central B'ham , but I just wanted to see if it was absolutly necessary. plus they give you 60 days for return of information and the RCMP are quoteing 11 weeks for this service.
Have given in and sent email, just wanted to speed it up
Old Mar 29th 2012, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Am driving myself mad checking ECAS every day... nothing changes...
Old Mar 29th 2012, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianTash is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to see some of you have your COPR in your hands now, I'm so happy for you!! Hopefully mine won't be far behind! I've had a bit of a break in checking because we are visiting my family Canada right now so have been busy enough not to drive myself crazy checking to see if any updates happen! Hopefully the ball will keep rolling and more of us hear soon. It helps to keep the spirits up on the forum when people get updates or get COPR, doesn't it?!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

So my current visa (IEC) expires next month, and it is in my passport that I have to leave the country by that date... Has anyone else been in the situation that they've left and re-entered as a visitor in order to wait for their PR to come through?

PLanning on going shopping in the US and then coming back the same day. Nervous that either the US won't let me in if they think I won't be allowed back into Canada, or Canada won't let me back in...

Also need to think about getting health coverage too because my OHIP expires the same time as my visa! Aaargh.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conjonway
So my current visa (IEC) expires next month, and it is in my passport that I have to leave the country by that date... Has anyone else been in the situation that they've left and re-entered as a visitor in order to wait for their PR to come through?

PLanning on going shopping in the US and then coming back the same day. Nervous that either the US won't let me in if they think I won't be allowed back into Canada, or Canada won't let me back in...

Also need to think about getting health coverage too because my OHIP expires the same time as my visa! Aaargh.
I think alot of people on this forum do that, I seem to have read alot of people doing it anyway! As long as you tell them what you are doing and that your PR application is in process (take anything you have prooving so) you will be fine and they might even give you a 1 yr visitor visa. Speak to vixtorfoxtrot Im pretty sure they did this if I remember reading correctly..
Old Mar 29th 2012, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
Am driving myself mad checking ECAS every day... nothing changes...
Hang tough lozzyblue, I expect that you will hear any day now!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peng
Check out this thread by our very own 123me

Does the link below help? I posted that question on here a month or so ago.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743285

Also if you do a general search you find more info- though a lot of stuff on people moving to Canada. Lastly I think i read some stuff on the canadavisa forum too.

Shudda- so pleased for you!!!- does this mean the big US trip is off?
Everytime I read the line about myself I chuckle Peng....thanks for giving me the credit. Funny thing is now, my husband is not bringing anything over!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
I think alot of people on this forum do that, I seem to have read alot of people doing it anyway! As long as you tell them what you are doing and that your PR application is in process (take anything you have prooving so) you will be fine and they might even give you a 1 yr visitor visa. Speak to vixtorfoxtrot Im pretty sure they did this if I remember reading correctly..
Sort of similar-ish, although I've never had IEC. I left Canada in mid-Dec to fly to the UK for Xmas. Returned early Jan and brought my sponsor approval letter with me - just told the IO that I was re-entering as a visitor but my PR was in process. They did indeed stamp my passport with a year long visitor record. Not that I needed it.

I thought - possibly incorrectly- that you could apply on-line to convert your IEC visa over to a visitor one. Therefore having no need to head to the US and re-enter. I must admit, I had the opportunity to go to Buffalo in November 2010, but didn't for fear that it would cause trouble for me when i re-entered.

Having said all that, I see you have already got your sponsor approval letter -definitely take it with you to prove you have an application in process. I'm assuming your girlfriend is also going? I'm sure it'll be ok?!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 123me
Hang tough lozzyblue, I expect that you will hear any day now!
I really hope so... I keep feeling as tho we are going to be sprung with some surprise request for more information! I have to stay positive!!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CanadianTash
Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to see some of you have your COPR in your hands now, I'm so happy for you!! Hopefully mine won't be far behind! I've had a bit of a break in checking because we are visiting my family Canada right now so have been busy enough not to drive myself crazy checking to see if any updates happen! Hopefully the ball will keep rolling and more of us hear soon. It helps to keep the spirits up on the forum when people get updates or get COPR, doesn't it?!
CanadianTash... you should be next shouldn't you??
Old Mar 30th 2012, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianTash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
CanadianTash... you should be next shouldn't you??
If things right, I think so, but I'm like you thinking I will get a request for more info etc. If I do get it though you won't be far behind you would be next!

When COPR comes does it get signed for when delivered?

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting
Old Mar 30th 2012, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Thanks Chris, yeah I know that honesty is the best policy!

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Sort of similar-ish, although I've never had IEC. I left Canada in mid-Dec to fly to the UK for Xmas. Returned early Jan and brought my sponsor approval letter with me - just told the IO that I was re-entering as a visitor but my PR was in process. They did indeed stamp my passport with a year long visitor record. Not that I needed it.

I thought - possibly incorrectly- that you could apply on-line to convert your IEC visa over to a visitor one. Therefore having no need to head to the US and re-enter. I must admit, I had the opportunity to go to Buffalo in November 2010, but didn't for fear that it would cause trouble for me when i re-entered.

Having said all that, I see you have already got your sponsor approval letter -definitely take it with you to prove you have an application in process. I'm assuming your girlfriend is also going? I'm sure it'll be ok?!
I had thought about doing it online but I think you need to have more than a month left to be able to do that, and I inaccurately remembered the date my visa expired! Lol. Lucky I checked it! Anyway, I'm within a month now. Also you need to pay a larger fee if you do it online, AND I figure that doing it this way is a good way to get in a cheeky shopping trip

Will try next weekend and see what happens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.