Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 28th 2011, 6:12 pm
tsc
Forum Regular

tsc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by leggy969
Thanks tsc, yeah it's a great feeling that's for sure! Got my social insurance number sorted last Monday too and have been working all week...again, it's a fab feeling to be earning after not working for 15 months. And even better, am now thinking of buying out a friend from his business here in Kamloops...the future is now starting to look very good

And congrats to you on getting your passport back....the finish line is now in sight for you.
Leggy - that's awesome - good for you!

Quick query to anyone who might know... as the sponsor do I have to travel with my husband when he enters Canada for the first time with his PR papers?

Thanks - TSC
Old Aug 28th 2011, 6:22 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tsc
Leggy - that's awesome - good for you!

Quick query to anyone who might know... as the sponsor do I have to travel with my husband when he enters Canada for the first time with his PR papers?

Thanks - TSC
Thanks again tsc.

Regarding your query, I'm not 100% but with the spousal sponsorship I don't think that you as the sponsor has to be with your hubby when he lands. I'm sure many people here on BE have landed on their own without their sponsor present.
Maybe someone else on here can clarify if this is correct or not.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 9:06 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leggy969
Thanks again tsc.

Regarding your query, I'm not 100% but with the spousal sponsorship I don't think that you as the sponsor has to be with your hubby when he lands. I'm sure many people here on BE have landed on their own without their sponsor present.
Maybe someone else on here can clarify if this is correct or not.
Yup I think you're right Leggy, cos I know if my hubby has to work away when I do my landing thing it's fine for me to go alone - there's been a couple of occasions where the IO has asked for contact details of the spouse and tried to get hold of them in their absence.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Finally posted my application to Missisauga today. Going down the common-law route via London. We reached our milestone of living together at the end of July, and I had hoped to post it off a few weeks ago, but a trip back to the UK and the fact that they changed some of the forms meant I had to wait until I got back to Canada to check and re-do the necessary forms. Minor panic set in when I realised I'd missed the small envelope with my passport photos in, but hot footed it back to the post office and was allowed to insert them in. Phew!

So now begins the next countdown for my sponsor to be approved. I shall begin drumming my fingers now in anticipation. Would love to hear progress from anyone else who has posted their applications off recently.

Good luck all and congrats to those who have completed it all.
So so glad you got your application sent off Victorfoxtrot! I know you've been waiting so patiently - best of luck with your application!! Congratulations!!!
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

sanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of lightsanjuk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sanjuk
And its going back to my spouse..

We started processing your application on July 8, 2011.

We returned your application with a letter on July 8, 2011. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Spouse got the email today saying the application has been forwarded to London. i fly out on the 28th sept..i got a feeling il be coming back

Online checker thingy hasnt been updated
Old Aug 30th 2011, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
I am confused with that too then, as I ordered my Option C from the CRA. Number #17 under supporting documents on the checklist. I am only sponsoring my husband.
Originally Posted by CanadianTash
Ah that makes ne feel loads better, thanks all who answered and shudda helping get the answers we both needed!
Definitely, us too! We are currently filling in the dreaded forms and weren't sure about that one. The other thing we noticed was that we had some of the older forms printed off, most of the new ones now have July 2011 on bottom other than 2 that are still dated 2008 just to confuse use further and make us more nervous
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janham
Definitely, us too! We are currently filling in the dreaded forms and weren't sure about that one. The other thing we noticed was that we had some of the older forms printed off, most of the new ones now have July 2011 on bottom other than 2 that are still dated 2008 just to confuse use further and make us more nervous
Right, make sure you always use the latest forms.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Linlaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, just to say that we arrived in Toronto on Saturday and going through immigration etc wasn't t all what I expected. We just had our passports checked at immigration control, we told them I was landing and had goods to follow. We didn't have to present any other documents until we headed around the corner to another row of desks where the immigration officer asked a couple of easy questions, checked everything, I had presented the document we received with my passport and visa and he stamped everything and that was it, it stapled a top copy of the document in my passport and then we headed to customs with the goods in list. We had no queue and the officer was very nice, didn't go through our bags, just checked the list and we signed two forms. The only thing he mentioned was our mattress, I thought there were no issues with fumigation of mattresses unless they were second hand, White & co are saying they are no aware of anything, so I'd just warn anyone just to double check the status so you don't lose your mattress at customs. Hopefully we won't have an issue, but we will have to wait til our shipment arrives now. All in all a seamless process and we are here sorting out bank accounts, Ohip and SIN numbers etc. Will keep all posted on our progress living here! Good luck everyone still in the process. X
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

My husband recieved his passport today!!!

Pretty awesome - only took 3 weeks and 2 days!!!!

We should be flagpoling tonight or tomorrow ! WOO HOO!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo

I LOVE THIS FORUM!!

Congrats all of you! Hope this keeps up for when we apply in 2 months!! xx
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:11 pm
tsc
Forum Regular

tsc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Linlaz
Hi all, just to say that we arrived in Toronto on Saturday and going through immigration etc wasn't t all what I expected. We just had our passports checked at immigration control, we told them I was landing and had goods to follow. We didn't have to present any other documents until we headed around the corner to another row of desks where the immigration officer asked a couple of easy questions, checked everything, I had presented the document we received with my passport and visa and he stamped everything and that was it, it stapled a top copy of the document in my passport and then we headed to customs with the goods in list. We had no queue and the officer was very nice, didn't go through our bags, just checked the list and we signed two forms. The only thing he mentioned was our mattress, I thought there were no issues with fumigation of mattresses unless they were second hand, White & co are saying they are no aware of anything, so I'd just warn anyone just to double check the status so you don't lose your mattress at customs. Hopefully we won't have an issue, but we will have to wait til our shipment arrives now. All in all a seamless process and we are here sorting out bank accounts, Ohip and SIN numbers etc. Will keep all posted on our progress living here! Good luck everyone still in the process. X
Linlaz - that's great to hear how seamless it was - congrats.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

sjgreenman is an unknown quantity at this point

hey folks, my husband received his passport through last week making it about 2 weeks from when we sent the forms in until it arrived. All in all with only a small delay for getting forms sorted again, maybe five days, it has taken us about 5 months for everything to be approved and the passport to be in his hands with our tickets booked for the 8th of October. That is including the processing times for the sponsorship portion. A 4 month improvement on the quoted timeline from London for when we started. Looks like they're moving folks through really quick. Good luck everyone. :-)
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:46 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo

Yay.....thats great news Brennaboo, am really pleased for you!
Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:06 am
Just Joined

Nsxer33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I have been reading these forums quite frequently in the last 2 months just getting all the information I could from sending away my documents to dual intent entries, etc. I just wanted to post my timeline for those who are still waiting or are in the process of applying.

May 12 2011- Application sent
May 13 2011- Application received
June 14 2011- Application approved Mississauga
June 27 2011- Application received with medicals
August 31 2011 - Passport request email sent.

I will update everyone about how long it takes to get my wife's passport back.

Thanks again .
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nsxer33
Hi everyone,

I have been reading these forums quite frequently in the last 2 months just getting all the information I could from sending away my documents to dual intent entries, etc. I just wanted to post my timeline for those who are still waiting or are in the process of applying.

May 12 2011- Application sent
May 13 2011- Application received
June 14 2011- Application approved Mississauga
June 27 2011- Application received with medicals
August 31 2011 - Passport request email sent.

I will update everyone about how long it takes to get my wife's passport back.

Thanks again .
Hey guys, we are agonisingly close to sending our applications off now. Just a couple of last things before we get everything signed by commissioner of oaths and sent tomorrow!

First off, The copy of my birth certificate, passport and my GF passport pages (she's canadian and sponsoring me) do these need to be certified by the CoO? What about my 8 passport photo's?

we have filled in a statutuory declaration of common law form, however, on the document checklist it says you need copy of above form 'if you have a co-signer and he/she is your common law partner'

She hasn't got a co-signer on her forms as sponsor, does that mean we don't need that form?

Thanks Guys, hopefully I'll be able to re-pay the advise soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.