Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 20th 2011, 4:48 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

And so...after arriving in Canada in May last year as a visitor, I will be finally 'landing' and will be a PR in a few hours time!
Rather than just literally flagpoling, we(my OH and I) decided to spend a few days down in Seattle to mark the occasion(without the kids ) before driving back up to the border at Peace Point.
So far we've had a fab couple of days here and consumed a large quantity of the duty-free rum we bought on the way down!

It has been a long, and at times very stressful journey just getting to this point as many of you will already know yourselves from experience, but now the finish line is well within sight and it's a great feeling.

Will update later and let you all know how the landing process went.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leggy969
And so...after arriving in Canada in May last year as a visitor, I will be finally 'landing' and will be a PR in a few hours time!
Rather than just literally flagpoling, we(my OH and I) decided to spend a few days down in Seattle to mark the occasion(without the kids ) before driving back up to the border at Peace Point.
So far we've had a fab couple of days here and consumed a large quantity of the duty-free rum we bought on the way down!

It has been a long, and at times very stressful journey just getting to this point as many of you will already know yourselves from experience, but now the finish line is well within sight and it's a great feeling.

Will update later and let you all know how the landing process went.
Fantastic - we have all come a long way (although not as long as some) Hope your landing goes well!!

Old Aug 21st 2011, 6:07 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by caleo
Fantastic - we have all come a long way (although not as long as some) Hope your landing goes well!!

Thanks caleo.

Well the landing went great, although it was pretty busy at the border crossing and took us around 20 mins to actually get to the passport control booth.
When we finally got inside to do the paperwork, we had to line up for around 3-4 mins before being called forward.
Then it was our turn....we presented the officer with passport & COPR papers, a few questions, a few signatures and we we were done!

The sense of relief now is beyond words. I've never been out of work since I left school in '86 and so the last 15 months not being able to work have been hard. However, the immense support from my wife, family and friends has been fantastic, not to mention all the help and advice I've had from people
here on BE.

Many many thanks to all those who have offered answers & advice to many of my questions while I was filling out the application forms, you really made this whole process so much easier.

Now, as I fill my glass with more bubbly I would like to wish all of you out there, whether just starting the process, waiting for the PPR email, or indeed waiting to land, all the very best for what lies ahead. The wait can be frustrating, but so so worth it on the end.

Good night all,

One very very happy new Permanant Resident!
Old Aug 21st 2011, 6:15 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

glad you both had / are having a great landing weekend best fill up those glasses - one for the road and all that
Old Aug 21st 2011, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

chorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by londonlisa
Hi-
Ralphster, after quite an anxious wait last week we got our notification through via email that we had been approved for the first stage of the common law route and that our paperwork was now on the way from Mississauga to London for the next stage of processing. Ours reached Mississauga on the 17th of June and we got the email through on the 18th of August. Am hoping the next stages as a bit quicker but not holding my breath / trying my best to be patient. I believe ours is a pretty straight forward application.

Now I just need to make one of those little counters

Still not able to look it up via the website- any tips??
Hi Londonlisa,
We are in the same boat - however, we received notification July 26 that we were approved for step one - and we still cannot access ECAS! Not sure if you've had any luck recently, but this wait is driving me crazy.
(common law sponsorship for us)
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

saz1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update for those of you waiting to hear, I got my passport request yesterday and my application was received in London on the 18th of June. Pretty swift!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saz1983
Just an update for those of you waiting to hear, I got my passport request yesterday and my application was received in London on the 18th of June. Pretty swift!
Right, that is swift. We hope to have all our documents by September so we can send off our application then.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ivesy
Congratulations on picking up your passport . I am sure that your time with your parents will go much quicker once your with them ,then in no time at all you will be with your husband congrats again and all the best for the future
Thanks so much Ivesy and Best of luck to you!!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
jaskp1 - i am so incrediby excited for you - best of luck with your travels until you land!
Thanks soooo much Brennaboo and I hope you get your passport back veeeery soon!! Have looooads of fun!!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by saz1983
Hi saz1983... Congrats!! that was veeeery swift indeed!! Seems like London is getting fast!!... but anyway very many congrats to you!! It must feel good to have got it sooooo quickly!!
Old Aug 25th 2011, 10:13 pm
tsc
Forum Regular

tsc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone -

Just picked up my husbands passport from FedEx with a fabulous shiny Visa in it - we are soo thrilled

Could not have done it without all the great support of people on this forum - so thanks again to everyone who answered all the crazy questions!

Now we just have to work out when we can get to Canada and activate it!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting....
Old Aug 25th 2011, 10:47 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

Originally Posted by tsc
Hi everyone -

Just picked up my husbands passport from FedEx with a fabulous shiny Visa in it - we are soo thrilled

Could not have done it without all the great support of people on this forum - so thanks again to everyone who answered all the crazy questions!

Now we just have to work out when we can get to Canada and activate it!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting....
Yay...that's great tsc, am really pleased for you both and hope it's not too long before you can 'land'.

Old Aug 25th 2011, 10:57 pm
tsc
Forum Regular

tsc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leggy969
Yay...that's great tsc, am really pleased for you both and hope it's not too long before you can 'land'.

Hey Leggy - just saw your earlier posts - huge congrats on being a legal permanent resident - that must just feel awesome!
Old Aug 27th 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Finally posted my application to Missisauga today. Going down the common-law route via London. We reached our milestone of living together at the end of July, and I had hoped to post it off a few weeks ago, but a trip back to the UK and the fact that they changed some of the forms meant I had to wait until I got back to Canada to check and re-do the necessary forms. Minor panic set in when I realised I'd missed the small envelope with my passport photos in, but hot footed it back to the post office and was allowed to insert them in. Phew!

So now begins the next countdown for my sponsor to be approved. I shall begin drumming my fingers now in anticipation. Would love to hear progress from anyone else who has posted their applications off recently.

Good luck all and congrats to those who have completed it all.

Last edited by victorfoxtrot; Aug 27th 2011 at 8:18 pm. Reason: spelling!
Old Aug 28th 2011, 1:12 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

Originally Posted by tsc
Hey Leggy - just saw your earlier posts - huge congrats on being a legal permanent resident - that must just feel awesome!
Thanks tsc, yeah it's a great feeling that's for sure! Got my social insurance number sorted last Monday too and have been working all week...again, it's a fab feeling to be earning after not working for 15 months. And even better, am now thinking of buying out a friend from his business here in Kamloops...the future is now starting to look very good

And congrats to you on getting your passport back....the finish line is now in sight for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.