Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:26 pm
Aberdeen to Vancouver

RandomlyGenerated is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

ralphster - I just kept an eye on people's signatures here in the forum. And there's always www.trackitt.com.

londonlisa - ECAS only showed our details after the sponsorship was approved (i.e. about a month after delivery) and only be signing in with the case ID (that you get in your sponsor approved email) and the sponsor's surname etc (never with the receipt number and/or my details).
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by londonlisa
Hi-
Ralphster, after quite an anxious wait last week we got our notification through via email that we had been approved for the first stage of the common law route and that our paperwork was now on the way from Mississauga to London for the next stage of processing. Ours reached Mississauga on the 17th of June and we got the email through on the 18th of August. Am hoping the next stages as a bit quicker but not holding my breath / trying my best to be patient. I believe ours is a pretty straight forward application.

Now I just need to make one of those little counters

Still not able to look it up via the website- any tips??
do you mean youstill can't check the application status online?? It normally takes a couple of days before it is updated and you can begin checking your application status.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road

Picked up my Passport today with a SHINY new visa on it and the COPR

... but I don't go to Canada until October First have to meet my parents and spend time with them... Even though I've missed them, I've missed my husband sooooo much more!!

Last edited by jaskp1; Aug 18th 2011 at 8:18 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaskp1

... but I don't go to Canada until October First have to meet my parents and spend time with them... Even though I've missed them, I've missed my husband sooooo much more!!
Congratulations on picking up your passport . I am sure that your time with your parents will go much quicker once your with them ,then in no time at all you will be with your husband congrats again and all the best for the future
Old Aug 19th 2011, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys just wanted to clarify this for me and CanadianTash...

Can you please help clarify the whole financial side of this?! Shane and I both live and work in the UK so we won't have an Option C. So I'm collecting all our pay stubs to send off. Is this all it takes? Do we need to show any savings?

Lastly, I read somewhere something that confused me even more...do we not need any of this if we don't have any dependants? The article stated that if it's just the two of us then we don't need anything in regards to finance...?

Thank you so much!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jaskp1

jaskp1 - i am so incrediby excited for you - best of luck with your travels until you land!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shudda
Hi guys just wanted to clarify this for me and CanadianTash...

Can you please help clarify the whole financial side of this?! Shane and I both live and work in the UK so we won't have an Option C. So I'm collecting all our pay stubs to send off. Is this all it takes? Do we need to show any savings?

Lastly, I read somewhere something that confused me even more...do we not need any of this if we don't have any dependants? The article stated that if it's just the two of us then we don't need anything in regards to finance...?

Thank you so much!
If you are going spousal route then you do not have to have any proof of savings or earnings or Option C - especially with NO dependants. We have 2 children (canadian) and 1 child (on PR application) and we did not have to show anything. We are both in the UK.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caleo
If you are going spousal route then you do not have to have any proof of savings or earnings or Option C - especially with NO dependants. We have 2 children (canadian) and 1 child (on PR application) and we did not have to show anything. We are both in the UK.
I am confused with that too then, as I ordered my Option C from the CRA. Number #17 under supporting documents on the checklist. I am only sponsoring my husband.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123me
I am confused with that too then, as I ordered my Option C from the CRA. Number #17 under supporting documents on the checklist. I am only sponsoring my husband.
Are you both in the UK? OH (sponsor) has been in the UK since 2005 so did not have an option C........We did not provide anything financial apart from one of the forms which asked where OH worked and his income - did not send wage slips or any proof.... "Shudda" and OH are also both in the UK
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you both in the UK? OH (sponsor) has been in the UK since 2005 so did not have an option C........We did not provide anything financial apart from one of the forms which asked where OH worked and his income - did not send wage slips or any proof.... "Shudda" and OH are also both in the UK
I am in Canada. Right I see the form that asks about my income. I am an occasional teacher and a waitress, difficult to say what my annual net income is.

The checklist also asks for letters from my employers for regarding my employment. (#18 on checklist)
Old Aug 20th 2011, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

brighton_travel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
I am in Canada. Right I see the form that asks about my income. I am an occasional teacher and a waitress, difficult to say what my annual net income is.

The checklist also asks for letters from my employers for regarding my employment. (#18 on checklist)
I just sent in my paperworks to sponsor my spouse in UK. I am confused on this one too...

I did the Annual Net income - on an excel and add all my paystubs for the past 12months.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Yes we are currently in the UK (I, the sponsor have been here 7yrs). Still confused though from the mixed responses. Has anyone been through the whole process, been approved, their spouse now has the visa and they DIDN'T do the option C, send paystubs etc? Or does anywhere have a link to somewhere that clarifies this point?

Thank you!!
Old Aug 20th 2011, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shudda
Yes we are currently in the UK (I, the sponsor have been here 7yrs). Still confused though from the mixed responses. Has anyone been through the whole process, been approved, their spouse now has the visa and they DIDN'T do the option C, send paystubs etc? Or does anywhere have a link to somewhere that clarifies this point?

Thank you!!
Look at my time line below - we are both in UK and DID NOT send option C or paystubs
Old Aug 20th 2011, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Look at my time line below - we are both in UK and DID NOT send option C or paystubs
Thank you thank you thank you!

What a relief! One less thing to worry about
Old Aug 20th 2011, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianTash is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah that makes ne feel loads better, thanks all who answered and shudda helping get the answers we both needed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.