Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 15th 2011, 12:36 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by leggy969
Hi jaskp1,

I got my passport back complete with visa and COPR paperwork on Thursday, absolutely no mention of it being a 'conditional visa'.

I had heard about this proposal a little while back, not sure if it's just a rumour that's being circulated or if indeed the proposal has any weight behind it. I guess time will tell!

Also, some extra info for those who have applied outland but are currently in Canada as temp resident. The final and additional paragraph on the info sheet that came with my passport states that, and I quote:
'you now have the option of obtaining your permanant resident status in Canada as opposed to leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry. Contact CIC's Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment with the nearest Citizenship and Immigration office to your place of residence.'

I think this must a relatively new rule as earlier on the same info sheet it clearly states that 'You cannot aquire permanant resident status from within Canada.'

Great news for any of you that live a long way from any border to the US and facing a potentialy long and costly journey in order to 'land'.
I don't think we'll be telling the hubby about this little addendum, seeing as though I am looking forward to a long weekend in Whitefish that iis entirely likely to involve some shopping when (if ) I have to land!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:33 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi jaskp1,

I got my passport back complete with visa and COPR paperwork on Thursday, absolutely no mention of it being a 'conditional visa'.

I had heard about this proposal a little while back, not sure if it's just a rumour that's being circulated or if indeed the proposal has any weight behind it. I guess time will tell!

Also, some extra info for those who have applied outland but are currently in Canada as temp resident. The final and additional paragraph on the info sheet that came with my passport states that, and I quote:
'you now have the option of obtaining your permanant resident status in Canada as opposed to leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry. Contact CIC's Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment with the nearest Citizenship and Immigration office to your place of residence.'

I think this must a relatively new rule as earlier on the same info sheet it clearly states that 'You cannot aquire permanant resident status from within Canada.'

Great news for any of you that live a long way from any border to the US and facing a potentialy long and costly journey in order to 'land'.

Fairly new, if you consider 4 years new.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road

Hi jaskp1,

Thanks Leggy!!

I'll be picking my passport on Thursday from the Canadian high commission... I'm so excited and so glad that the riots have finally calmed down!!
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

When we send in all our supporting documents, cards, pictures, copy of marriage certificate etc.....would I be silly to think they return all our paperwork to us? I am asking because I am wondering if I should order 2 marriage certifcates.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

Hey guys, just another quick question.

I had my medical last week, I took the appendix C form with me, but I just looked at the document checklist again and it says to include proof of medical examinations (I have all the receipts here) and says to include the IMM 1017 form signed by your doctor. I can't find a link to this form on the website to go take to the doctors for them to sign it? Is this what the doctor himself sends them or do I need to act here? thanks
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:54 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by rodderzzz

I had my medical last week, I took the appendix C form with me, but I just looked at the document checklist again and it says to include proof of medical examinations (I have all the receipts here) and says to include the IMM 1017 form signed by your doctor. I can't find a link to this form on the website to go take to the doctors for them to sign it? Is this what the doctor himself sends them or do I need to act here? thanks

The DR. has the form, s/he should have given you the receipt copy to enclose with your application.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

rodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the roughrodderzzz is a jewel in the rough

I have three receipts, one for $130 for the medical, one for $45 for the blood tests and one for $40 for the X-rays? Is that right, it's just receipts of payment
Old Aug 16th 2011, 12:38 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I have three receipts, one for $130 for the medical, one for $45 for the blood tests and one for $40 for the X-rays? Is that right, it's just receipts of payment
Hi Roderzzz, no it isn't the reciepts it's actually a form that says IMM1017 and it's like a header form almost.

I didn't include this with my application and when my husband was approved as a sponsor, we got an email informing us of such and also asking for the IMM1017 to be forwarded to the processing office (London in your case) to be married up with the application.

I called the DMP and they gave me a copy of the IMM1017 which they kept in their filing cabinet and I forwarded it to the processing office.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Hi Roderzzz, no it isn't the reciepts it's actually a form that says IMM1017 and it's like a header form almost.

I didn't include this with my application and when my husband was approved as a sponsor, we got an email informing us of such and also asking for the IMM1017 to be forwarded to the processing office (London in your case) to be married up with the application.

I called the DMP and they gave me a copy of the IMM1017 which they kept in their filing cabinet and I forwarded it to the processing office.
ok ill get in touch with them tomorrow and get the form, thanks
Old Aug 16th 2011, 2:00 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 123me
When we send in all our supporting documents, cards, pictures, copy of marriage certificate etc.....would I be silly to think they return all our paperwork to us? I am asking because I am wondering if I should order 2 marriage certifcates.
Hi 123me,

The only original certificate you should send in with your application is the Police Certificate.
Do not send in original copies of marriage certificates, photos, cards etc, you only need to send in photocopies of these items.

hope this helps
Old Aug 16th 2011, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi 123me,

The only original certificate you should send in with your application is the Police Certificate.
Do not send in original copies of marriage certificates, photos, cards etc, you only need to send in photocopies of these items.

hope this helps
Yes, that helps, thank you!
Old Aug 16th 2011, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

ralphster is an unknown quantity at this point

How are long are people finding it takes to get initially notification from CIC in Missassagua at the moment for a straight forward outbound Spouse Sponshorship application (from UK)? Our paperwork was signed for on 5th Jul and looking at some people's timelines I would have heard something by now.

Do you know how they decide to notify you - email or a letter? If it is a letter, does it slow things down or do they dispatch the paperwork to London at the same time regardless of how they contact you?

Have I got the flow of things right:

- Miss Process Application (around 35 days)
- Paperwork sent from Miss to London (7-10 days?)
- London request visa (?? Days?)
- Drop Visa off by hand (on a Thursday between 2-3pm)
- Pick up Visa two weeks later.

Can anyone fill in the ?? blanks. (I know it'll vary case-by-case but a rough average would be great).

Also, looking at the CIC web site, the times they talk about seem to be many months more (8 months).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ses.asp#europe

Are people that get their visas in 3 months the minority?

Thanks folks!
Old Aug 16th 2011, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

jrr773 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I've made a few posts and am very grateful for the advice on here. Regarding the additional information required, I have a short form birth certificate only - is this accepted? Given the length and breadth of the various forms I rather assume it isn't and only a long form birth certificate is sufficient. Can anyone confirm?

Many thanks
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

londonlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi-
Ralphster, after quite an anxious wait last week we got our notification through via email that we had been approved for the first stage of the common law route and that our paperwork was now on the way from Mississauga to London for the next stage of processing. Ours reached Mississauga on the 17th of June and we got the email through on the 18th of August. Am hoping the next stages as a bit quicker but not holding my breath / trying my best to be patient. I believe ours is a pretty straight forward application.

Now I just need to make one of those little counters

Still not able to look it up via the website- any tips??
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ralphster
How are long are people finding it takes to get initially notification from CIC in Missassagua at the moment for a straight forward outbound Spouse Sponshorship application (from UK)? Our paperwork was signed for on 5th Jul and looking at some people's timelines I would have heard something by now.

Do you know how they decide to notify you - email or a letter? If it is a letter, does it slow things down or do they dispatch the paperwork to London at the same time regardless of how they contact you?

Have I got the flow of things right:

- Miss Process Application (around 35 days)
- Paperwork sent from Miss to London (7-10 days?)
- London request visa (?? Days?)
- Drop Visa off by hand (on a Thursday between 2-3pm)
- Pick up Visa two weeks later.

Can anyone fill in the ?? blanks. (I know it'll vary case-by-case but a rough average would be great).

Also, looking at the CIC web site, the times they talk about seem to be many months more (8 months).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ses.asp#europe

Are people that get their visas in 3 months the minority?

Thanks folks!
my timeline is as below (my signature)

i submitted my passport in person and will pick it on thursday 18th.

here is a site to give u an idea of average timelines (from canadavisa.com, made by someone called 'Pinklady')

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CJyi-IYE#gid=0

Also, Mississauga is right now owrking on applications that were received on 17th June and it'll take around 52 days since your application was received. Check this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-fc.asp

Last edited by jaskp1; Aug 16th 2011 at 3:27 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.