Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

jaskp1 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by BTownSardar
Me too brennaboo!

I'm hoping its anytime soon now for us may 12th's!
LOL @ Brennaboo & BTownSardar

My laptop will crash at the rate I've been refreshing my email inbox!! I wonder if Richard37 got an email???!! Probably hasn't been able to get on the internet whilst on holiday...

Oh Lord Oh Lord!! Please make sure London office is working on those applications extraordinarily quickly!!

... and now back to refreshing my inbox...
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by emwen11
PS - Caleo - what forms did you complete and did you just send your Canadian birth cert for proof of Canadian citizenship? I'm going to try get these forms done soon so as to make it easier for us.

Also, just called the doc re: medical. To get it done here in Channel Islands is £700!! Ouch! Is it cheaper in the UK?

Em
xx
Hi emwen11,

I don't know if the £700 medical fee is just for you or includes others too. I paid £334 (medical and xray including courier charges) here in London at number one health. I can no longer access their website. Oddly it seems they have changed their name to:

http://www.yourexcellenthealth.co.uk/

It is literally the same address as number one health but anyway they are on the designated practitioners list:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...ryName=England

I didn't really look around at any other places so won't know if others are cheaper.

Hope the info helps
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:42 pm
tsc
Forum Regular

tsc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaskp1

My laptop will crash at the rate I've been refreshing my email inbox!! I wonder if Richard37 got an email???!! Probably hasn't been able to get on the internet whilst on holiday...

Oh Lord Oh Lord!! Please make sure London office is working on those applications extraordinarily quickly!!

Hey there fellow May 12th people! Fingers crossed for us all that we hear something in the next few days - this waiting is tooooo long!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tsc
Hey there fellow May 12th people! Fingers crossed for us all that we hear something in the next few days - this waiting is tooooo long!
Isn't is just the most terrible thing!? Wish I could concentrate on work....ok, back to refreshing my husbands email
Old Jul 4th 2011, 6:31 pm
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tsc

Yeah this waiting game is soooo frustrating! Im pretty sure that we (May 12th people) should hear something this week and I certainly hope so as I'm running out of jobs to do around the house to keep busy and occupy my otherwise distracted mind!!!

everyone......
Old Jul 4th 2011, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leggy969
Yeah this waiting game is soooo frustrating! Im pretty sure that we (May 12th people) should hear something this week and I certainly hope so as I'm running out of jobs to do around the house to keep busy and occupy my otherwise distracted mind!!!

everyone......
This waiting game is making me age faster!! I'm already doing granny work - I took up "knitting" as a result of my impatience and inability of distracting my mind.

I won't advice the same for any of u all - it's just more frustrating!!

By the way Friday was a statutory holiday in Canada; on Canadian statutory holidays, the Canadian high commission in London also remains closed. So that adds a one day delay already!! Sigh...

But anyways, all the best everyone!! Will be praying for all and will have my fingers crossed If not this week, we should hear in the next...
Old Jul 4th 2011, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

emwen11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi emwen11,

I don't know if the £700 medical fee is just for you or includes others too. I paid £334 (medical and xray including courier charges) here in London at number one health. I can no longer access their website. Oddly it seems they have changed their name to:

http://www.yourexcellenthealth.co.uk/

It is literally the same address as number one health but anyway they are on the designated practitioners list:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...ryName=England

I didn't really look around at any other places so won't know if others are cheaper.

Hope the info helps
Thanks! Yep - it's just my husband. The doctor's secretary told us it would be cheaper for him to pay for flights and have it done in the UK. Though I called a local doctor in Canada who appears on the list and they say they charge only $200 in total. Is there any reason he couldn't have it done there when we visit next in Feb?
Old Jul 4th 2011, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Thanks! Yep - it's just my husband. The doctor's secretary told us it would be cheaper for him to pay for flights and have it done in the UK. Though I called a local doctor in Canada who appears on the list and they say they charge only $200 in total. Is there any reason he couldn't have it done there when we visit next in Feb?
my husband had his done here in Canada(and it was cheap...until he had to go for further testing), but you need to get your medical done before you send in your applications so it all depends on when you will be submitting it.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

emwen11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
my husband had his done here in Canada(and it was cheap...until he had to go for further testing), but you need to get your medical done before you send in your applications so it all depends on when you will be submitting it.
Yes, it's a decision we're going to have to make now. We are returning to Canada in Feb which would put back our application, but then he'd have to make a trip to land. Whereas if we could arrange everything quickly and submit the form now, potentially he could land in Canada and save the money needed for the return trip.

Decisions, decisions...
Old Jul 5th 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

PS - Caleo - what forms did you complete and did you just send your Canadian birth cert for proof of Canadian citizenship? I'm going to try get these forms done soon so as to make it easier for us.

Also, just called the doc re: medical. To get it done here in Channel Islands is £700!! Ouch! Is it cheaper in the UK?

Em
xx
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...ligibility.asp

I think we just needed to send off husbands canadian birth cert and our daughters birth certificate. It can take quite a while to come through though - although I know of some people on here who have had theirs expedited - I thunk the posts may even be on this thread if you do a search. Still, he should be fine travelling on british PP when you go over, just take all the paperwork and receipt of payment for proof of citizenship when your husband (hopefully) lands in Feb. They request further proof of ID such as driving licence for the children - but ignore that because obviously they do not have many other forms of ID apart from their birth certs!! You need to get photos done, they have specific sizes etc and have to be correct specs, so take the form with you to a photographer to get the pics done.

Our medical was around £260 I think - was your DMP on the list that the CIC insists you use? I think you can only go with the ones on the list - and although prices vary, they should not vary by such huge amounts!
Old Jul 6th 2011, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Just thaought i would post an update.

London received my RCMP results around the 8th of june so almost been a month now. bringing it to 9 months total since i submitted my aplpication.

Hopefully I get a pssport request soon. as my medicals expire september 17th and I will have to mail my passport back as flights are so pricey right now!

Still not stressed though been wiating so long! dont want to have to pay for more medicals though.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

richard37 is on a distinguished road

Managed to borrow a phone and slope off to somewhere with a signal. No news here yet, keeping my eyes open though.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Cawsand is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going on a holiday to Canada this summer.

Does anyone know if the London office approves my husband while we are there, can he do all the final passport stamping etc. in Canada? Were going to be in Ottawa and Toronto.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 12:28 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

If London appove your hubby your passport has to be sent to London anyway, they then return it and then you arrive in Canada (or cross the border if you are here) to land.

Passports are taking about 6 weeks to be returned once sent, so unless you go to London in person, hand it in, get a ticket and pick it up in person 2 weeks later you will unlikely be able to do your landing while in Canada.

If they send you your ppr more than a couple of weeks before you go, just drive to London hand in your passport and then like I said able - "land" when you come on holiday.

But the short answer is no, you can't do all your stuff in Canada if they approve it while you are here.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 1:37 am
Just Joined

kurashikisuzy is an unknown quantity at this point

The other half is 'landing' tomorrow! Need to share the excitement with somebody and who better than those who know what the wait's like?!? Thanks again for all the help everyone! Good luck to all those still waiting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.