Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 2nd 2011, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

shahbazkhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You are still well within their stated processing time, 80% of spousal applications in 9 months. They probably won't reply until you have passed the posted time.
2. No they will not transfer your application. It will remain in London.
3. You have to notify the processing office of any change of address.
so how would my processing be affected if i change countries?

If i move in any case do i have to come back to London and take my immigration or would they send it to the changed address?
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:52 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shahbazkhan

If i move in any case do i have to come back to London and take my immigration or would they send it to the changed address?
I would suspect that point number 2 that was made by Jim should be re-read again
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 9:18 am
Just Joined

emwen11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Thanks for the responses! Sorry, my son has been ill. Because we live in the Channel Islands, my son has a British passport. We needed one quickly as we were travelling to Canada and the timeline for Canadian one was too long. So he does need to be sponsored. I called them about that to double check.

The timelines seem pretty short! I'm tempted to go for it now and hope that we get it back in time.

When you had the PPR, how long did they have your passports for?

Thanks!
Em
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emwen11
Thanks for the responses! Sorry, my son has been ill. Because we live in the Channel Islands, my son has a British passport. We needed one quickly as we were travelling to Canada and the timeline for Canadian one was too long. So he does need to be sponsored. I called them about that to double check.

The timelines seem pretty short! I'm tempted to go for it now and hope that we get it back in time.

When you had the PPR, how long did they have your passports for?

Thanks!
Em
If you are canadian by birth, and your son is 2 years old, he is Canadian too? Doesn't matter if he has a british passport, he can have both. My daughters have both. They are 3 and 5 and were born in the UK to a canadian father and British mother.

My spousal application took quite a while - compared to others. When you get your PPR, you can 1) take it to london personally on a Thursday and collect it two weeks later. I posted mine special delivery and it was returned 5 weeks later.

If you can get everything done very quickly - ie meds and police checks, then i would try and get it sent off asap, so hubby could land in Feb.

Hope your little boy is better!!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:30 am
Just Joined

guys i need help can any body clear this out for me pls?
Old Jul 4th 2011, 3:18 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

guys i need help can any body clear this out for me pls?
sigh - it already has been cleared up, but for the benefit of clarity

YOUR PROCESSING WILL NOT BE AFFECTED, IT WILL REMAIN IN LONDON BEING PROCESSED THERE AT IT'S CURRENT TIMESCALES AND WITHIN CURRENT PROCEDURES.

IF YOU MOVE TO THE MOON THAT WILL NOT AFFECT ITS PROCESSING (well maybe a hand delivered letter might be a tad difficult to recieve) YOU JUST GIVE lONDON YOUR NEW ADDRESS AND THEY WILL SEND ANY DOCUMENTATION REQUESTS, OR WHATEVER, TO YOU AT THE NEW ADDRESS.

IF YOU MOVE TO INDIA YOU TELL CHC LONDON THAT YOU ARE NOW IN INDIA, IF YOU THEN MOVE TO SAUDI YOU TELL CHC LONDON THAT YOU ONCE AGAIN HAVE ITCHY FEET AND HAVE NOW MOVED TO SAUDI ARABIA.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 3:41 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

YOUR PROCESSING WILL NOT BE AFFECTED, IT WILL REMAIN IN LONDON BEING PROCESSED THERE AT IT'S CURRENT TIMESCALES AND WITHIN CURRENT PROCEDURES.

IF YOU MOVE TO THE MOON THAT WILL NOT AFFECT ITS PROCESSING (well maybe a hand delivered letter might be a tad difficult to recieve) YOU JUST GIVE lONDON YOUR NEW ADDRESS AND THEY WILL SEND ANY DOCUMENTATION REQUESTS, OR WHATEVER, TO YOU AT THE NEW ADDRESS.

IF YOU MOVE TO INDIA YOU TELL CHC LONDON THAT YOU ARE NOW IN INDIA, IF YOU THEN MOVE TO SAUDI YOU TELL CHC LONDON THAT YOU ONCE AGAIN HAVE ITCHY FEET AND HAVE NOW MOVED TO SAUDI ARABIA.

Well said mandymoo
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:40 am
Sawdust making harpy

Actually I have a question

Say you have a hypothetical visa extension which expires October.

If you have applied for outland sponsorship and get your ppr say mid september for example - I've read that it takes them around 5 to 6 weeks to return your passport. Meaning that said passport wouldn't be back in hand to land until at least the end of October.

would you have to apply for another extension and be on implied status again whilst waiting for your passport to be returned or would they know through it being in the system that you have been granted pr and it's just in the process of being done - or does that not count until you actually land and have the paperwork

Also if your medicals run out in September - I'm aware you have to land before they are a year old, so would you get new medicals and just take the reciepts with you to the border when you flagpole?????
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:15 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Actually I have a question

Say you have a hypothetical visa extension which expires October.

If you have applied for outland sponsorship and get your ppr say mid september for example - I've read that it takes them around 5 to 6 weeks to return your passport. Meaning that said passport wouldn't be back in hand to land until at least the end of October.

would you have to apply for another extension and be on implied status again whilst waiting for your passport to be returned or would they know through it being in the system that you have been granted pr and it's just in the process of being done - or does that not count until you actually land and have the paperwork

Also if your medicals run out in September - I'm aware you have to land before they are a year old, so would you get new medicals and just take the reciepts with you to the border when you flagpole?????

Good question moochops!

According to the CIC website, you should submit your visitor extension 30 days before the end of your current VV expiry, but if that date has already passed then you have up to 90 days to apply to reinstate your visitor status. It's my guess that this period would allow you time for your passport to be returned thus enabling you to then 'land'.
However, I wouldn't like to say whether or not it would cause you any problems if you were to flagpole during this 90 day period. My guess is that if you explained your passport scenario to the border officer on landing he would understand........but then again, border officers can be very unpredictable at times!!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:44 am
Just Joined

THANKS A MILLION MATE!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Ah, i've been non stop checking emails etc etc...this wait is driving me bananas!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

BTownSardar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BrennaBoo
Ah, i've been non stop checking emails etc etc...this wait is driving me bananas!
Me too brennaboo!

I'm hoping its anytime soon now for us may 12th's!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Caleo. I was under the impression that because we had got him a British passport first that we had to go down PR route for him. Perhaps I'll look into a Canadian passport for him then. Will he have to go through a citizenship test or will he automatically become Canadian.

That would certainly make landing easier and the medicals! I'm going to read up on that now!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Paperwork is an unknown quantity at this point

I became a Canadian Citizen on 27th June (YAY) & now I need to sponsor dh & our 3 kids. I am a bit confused on 2 issues though:

1) how much are the fees, not sure if it's $75 or $150 fo each of the kids or if they'd be a principal applicant? CIC guidelines are consuing me!
2) What/if any minimum income level do I need to have & could this be waived in lieu of savings/funds from house sale?

Many thanks,
Paperwork
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

PS - Caleo - what forms did you complete and did you just send your Canadian birth cert for proof of Canadian citizenship? I'm going to try get these forms done soon so as to make it easier for us.

Also, just called the doc re: medical. To get it done here in Channel Islands is £700!! Ouch! Is it cheaper in the UK?

Em
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.