Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 18th 2015, 3:10 am
Thankful

dtkb1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Ehh what is happening here?

We received CBROWN89 application for permanent residence on October 14, 2014.

We started processing <snip>'s application on February 12, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on CBROWN89's application. The office will contact CBROWN89 concerning this decision.

It says Decision Made for both Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status... This makes me nervous... And when I say nervous I mean that was too quick and I don't want to of been rejected...
I would personally take that as good news .. Perhaps my optimistic side however given all the early issues you had perhaps they put it right in for processing and voila !

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 18th 2015 at 12:11 pm. Reason: Full name removed from quote
Old Feb 18th 2015, 3:26 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dtkb1977
I would personally take that as good news .. Perhaps my optimistic side however given all the early issues you had perhaps they put it right in for processing and voila !
Have you ever met an optimistic scotsman
Old Feb 18th 2015, 3:32 am
Thankful

dtkb1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you ever met an optimistic scotsman
lol
Well looking at the spreadsheet there are a couple other folks that recieved the good news Mississauga is definitely processing quickly. So I'm going with a congrats and happy news coming your way soon
Old Feb 18th 2015, 8:15 am
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anglogerman
Update for the spreadsheet: husband was approved as a sponsor on 17th Feb 2015. Our case is being transferred to London for processing. We were hoping they'd keep it in Canada, but at least they aren't sending it to Vienna, which was the other possibility and would have taken a lot longer....
Having said that, I just checked the current processing times in London... 29 months??!!!
Old Feb 18th 2015, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

cberry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anglogerman
Having said that, I just checked the current processing times in London... 29 months??!!!
How did that increase so much of late???? Would the higher dates apply to UK applicants, or is this something to do with the Islamabad overflow?

Just applied last week, I think I'll go crazy if I have to wait 3 years for this...
Old Feb 18th 2015, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

As far as I've looked it appears those are the statistics for the past year, so considering the average times on the spreAdsheet from the past year I don't think there's anything to panic about?
Old Feb 18th 2015, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cberry
How did that increase so much of late???? Would the higher dates apply to UK applicants, or is this something to do with the Islamabad overflow?

Just applied last week, I think I'll go crazy if I have to wait 3 years for this...
Recently applied too and I'm guessing that the 29 mos wait is not gonna really apply to the straight forward British cases (but what do I know!!). It's probably as the Pakistani cases take so long that the average is bound to increase. I seriously doubt the Canadians will make it tougher for a Brit with a Canadian partner to join their club than many other countries.. After my initial shock, I'm not worried.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

cberry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dillisodhi
Recently applied too and I'm guessing that the 29 mos wait is not gonna really apply to the straight forward British cases (but what do I know!!). It's probably as the Pakistani cases take so long that the average is bound to increase. I seriously doubt the Canadians will make it tougher for a Brit with a Canadian partner to join their club than many other countries.. After my initial shock, I'm not worried.
Thanks. Finding this whole wait excruciating as it is, particularly as it took me 4 months to get my US FBI Clearance. I'm US citizen by birth and have been living in the UK for 12 years (I'm now also British citizen) - but all the years I was a foreigner living in the UK I never had a wait anywhere near this long (longest was maybe a month; I had some of my long-term visas processed same-day in person at the home office).
Old Feb 18th 2015, 12:14 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Posted this a few days ago re: 29 months, worth repeating I guess!

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
The London posted time will not take into account applications held in Mississauga and Ottawa.

I agree, the timeline makes it useless... however, I have a feeling that they were getting inundated by Islamabad applicants with the posted processing time at 11 months. The website clearly says not to contact them until you've passed the processing time... but Islamabad applications will certainly be longer than that. Applications started to be transferred around a year ago, so I'll bet you that those applicants were simply ramming CIC with requests for updates...

So my advice is to just stay calm. I'm honestly quite surprised that they didn't update the processing time earlier. We'll use the spreadsheet as an estimate on how long "normal" applications take, and we'll go from there.

Everyone just calm the f* down.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 1:23 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you phone CIC once it says decision made to find out if it was approved or not.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 1:24 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

A decision has been made on CBROWN89's application. The office will contact CBROWN89 concerning this decision.

It says Decision Made for both Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status... This makes me nervous... And when I say nervous I mean that was too quick and I don't want to of been rejected...
I agree with the others, I would take it as good news!!! (although I too would be nervous until I had the letter in my hand) Well deserved after the earlier stress you were put through
Old Feb 18th 2015, 1:33 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The maddening thing about eCas is that it tells you there is a decision and then makes you wait 4 to 8 weeks to find out just what that decision was. For spousal cases the decision is well over 99% positive but it is still a trying time while one awaits notice.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 2:01 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The maddening thing about eCas is that it tells you there is a decision and then makes you wait 4 to 8 weeks to find out just what that decision was. For spousal cases the decision is well over 99% positive but it is still a trying time while one awaits notice.
So if I phoned they can't tell me what the decision was.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 2:33 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

I wish my Application was being processed in Mississauga, they dont seem be wasting any time with stage 1 & 2 decisions...
Old Feb 18th 2015, 2:59 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

So if I phoned they can't tell me what the decision was.
Nope, just keep an eye on the post!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.