Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Old May 18th 2012, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Timeline - FSW application to CIO in Sydney, NS

Originally Posted by sdo1982
PAPER SCREENING DECISION (PSDEC)=1= Passed

is on 2 sets of notes that have had the 6-12 month wait letter.
Oh that's positive! :-)) At least then its more likely to mean a long wait until medicals rather than a long wait until rejection. What does everyone else think?

Just got the CAIPs consent form so will send it away tomorrow...
Old May 18th 2012, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Also does anyone know what happens between PSDEC and SELDEC? Have the 6-12 month wait people passed SELDEC as well as PSDEC? I didn't even know these acronyms existed until the past couple of days.......!!
Old May 18th 2012, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Originally Posted by kat-b
Also does anyone know what happens between PSDEC and SELDEC? Have the 6-12 month wait people passed SELDEC as well as PSDEC? I didn't even know these acronyms existed until the past couple of days.......!!

What does SELDEC stand for...
Old May 18th 2012, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by graham and george
What does SELDEC stand for...
Selection Decision apparently, although I have no idea what this actually means or at what point the background verifications are done.

T-11 PAPER SCREENING DECISION (PSDEC)
1 passed
2 failed
3 withdrawal

T-12 SELECTION DECISION (SELDEC)
1 passed
2 passed on discretion
3 OIC required (pro-Proclamation cases)
4 waived
5 failed
6 failed on discretion
7 withdrawn
S passed (H & C consideration) (for Refugees only)

There are loads more! The full list can be found here -

http://immigrationguides.com/content/view/203/110/
Old May 19th 2012, 7:32 am
Just Joined

julievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nicejulievonz is just really nice

With reference to queries regarding 'Decision made' on your ecas prior to medicals , we got our rejection letter, which is them deciding that I don't fulfill the requirements of the skill even though I have been an IT manager for the last 7 years. Yeah right! Any way, at least we get our money back. Thats a relief!
Old May 19th 2012, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by julievonz
With reference to queries regarding 'Decision made' on your ecas prior to medicals , we got our rejection letter, which is them deciding that I don't fulfill the requirements of the skill even though I have been an IT manager for the last 7 years. Yeah right! Any way, at least we get our money back. Thats a relief!
That's crazy!! I don't get it at all! Did they list exactly which requirements they believe you didn't fulfil or was it just a generic letter? Are you going to try another route?
Old Jul 21st 2012, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Canadiandouble is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I did medicals last June and just got a letter from Ottawa saying:

"Sputum smears and cultures for Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, taken on three consecutive day and incubated for 6-8 weeks. If unable to produce sputum ore results unreliable send previous CXR (older than 6 months) or repeat CXR to ensure 6 months stability"

I have an x ray that was taken last Oct during annual check up ( > 6 months old). Do you think this x ray can be accepted or I will have to go to sputum test anyway, delaying the process?

Thanks a lot
Old Jul 30th 2012, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Is it just me or is it a little too quiet?
If they want to address the backlog, do you not think some people would have had med requests by now? Is my paranoia kicking in, or is anyone elses spidey sense tingling.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

If they want to address the backlog, do you not think some people would have had med requests by now? Is my paranoia kicking in, or is anyone elses spidey sense tingling.
Oops, I forgot to update this thread, I updated the June/July 2010 AOR one.. we had passport requests through by email on July 18th, we dropped them into the HC in London in person on Thursday 26th, we'll pick them up on August 9th.. so things are still moving - just!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, me too - figuring they are either a) all in training for new rules /regs starting next year, or b) they are all off on their hols, whilst we sit here with lives on hold. So wanted our 6 yr old to start school in Sept with a class full of 'new kids' but no way now... Hey ho... I keep holding on now for end of Aug for some reason, but can see in other forums, very very little movement in any streams, and even those waiting for PPR. What IS (or isn't) going on there? *sighs again*
Old Jul 30th 2012, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by witchileiz
Yeah, me too - figuring they are either a) all in training for new rules /regs starting next year, or b) they are all off on their hols, whilst we sit here with lives on hold. So wanted our 6 yr old to start school in Sept with a class full of 'new kids' but no way now... Hey ho... I keep holding on now for end of Aug for some reason, but can see in other forums, very very little movement in any streams, and even those waiting for PPR. What IS (or isn't) going on there? *sighs again*
I knoooooow! I hate this silence too. It seemed so positive when we first got the letters but I still feel far from home and dry. Scared we all sit here in no mans land until too much times passes and then our apps are sent back to us like ore 2008! Although then again surely if they were going to reject they would hve just done it by now!!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

I think they will let it run to the 6 month mark then BANG we all get med request
Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think they will let it run to the 6 month mark then BANG we all get med request
That sounds good :-))
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

So, as most of us got the letter around April/May, then we are looking at Oct/Nov+ - would be a nice Xmas present, then they could keep us strung along for Xmas and New Year (who wants to move then, anyway?), so we could be 'good to go' early Spring 2013... Spring is a good time for getting jobs, etc. (always seems to be more movement, more new posts, etc. around that time, imo).

Jeez - never thought we would still be here, contemplating a 2013 move...Come ON CIC (pleeeeeeaaaase!)
Old Jul 31st 2012, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by witchileiz
So, as most of us got the letter around April/May, then we are looking at Oct/Nov+ - would be a nice Xmas present, then they could keep us strung along for Xmas and New Year (who wants to move then, anyway?), so we could be 'good to go' early Spring 2013... Spring is a good time for getting jobs, etc. (always seems to be more movement, more new posts, etc. around that time, imo).

Jeez - never thought we would still be here, contemplating a 2013 move...Come ON CIC (pleeeeeeaaaase!)
Yes a spring 2013 move sounds perfect then we can all get together for a celebratory beer! :-)) I know I didn't either I thought a year maybe 18 months max initially under the new 'streamlined system' ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.