Time Line for PR via Spousal

Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Time Line for PR via Spousal

Originally Posted by louiseeg
AH man, thats not fair........congrats to you though, im super super super super jealous.

Maybe myn will end up being a long one.
Thanks... I really really, hope you hear this week and that you can get everything organised and get back over to Canada...
Old Jun 28th 2010, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by wats123
Thanks... I really really, hope you hear this week and that you can get everything organised and get back over to Canada...
I hope mine gets through so quick...did you slip a bribe in your application?
Old Jun 29th 2010, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LandC
Ohhh my god!!!

We are due to fly to Canada on Friday and our intention had been to convince the IO of duel intent. London with their impeccable timing sent my passport request today so should make immigration soo much easier. I'll have to send off my passport once i'm in Canada and flag pole at Niagara falls but that seems soo much easier now.

Thanks for all the advice and support that I was given to this point.

L and C
I just got an email back from CIC as I have to send my passport to London from Canada as I don't have enough time to get my visa in the passport. They just advised me to contact CICs call center in Canada when my passport is returned and arrange an appointment at my nearest Citizenship and Immigration office and it will be activated...
Old Jun 29th 2010, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wats123
I just got an email back from CIC as I have to send my passport to London from Canada as I don't have enough time to get my visa in the passport. They just advised me to contact CICs call center in Canada when my passport is returned and arrange an appointment at my nearest Citizenship and Immigration office and it will be activated...
Good to know, just put all out bits of paper and my passport in the post this morning, thankfully we know about needing the extra photographs and where able to bring them with us. Settling in well and adjusting to the weather which has been soo nice. Looking forward to Canada day on Thursday and feeling patriotic to my new home.

L and C
Old Jul 6th 2010, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point

London started processing 02/07/10 and ECAS already says meds received. Is this a good sign that its will be quick? Or is it just because i did my meds first, and sent them with my application?

Eeeeeeee so exciting!
Old Jul 6th 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by may_bettesworth
London started processing 02/07/10 and ECAS already says meds received. Is this a good sign that its will be quick? Or is it just because i did my meds first, and sent them with my application?

Eeeeeeee so exciting!

Myn hasnt said meds received, and London started processing myn 19th May - still waiting. I just hope i dont have to wait 6 months
Old Jul 6th 2010, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point

Myn hasnt said meds received, and London started processing myn 19th May - still waiting. I just hope i dont have to wait 6 months
I wouldnt worry!
Didnt Landc just get it updated to that and she had PPR?

I dont know why some peoples get updated and others dont.Its weird!Typical governments!!
Old Jul 6th 2010, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Originally Posted by may_bettesworth
I wouldnt worry!
Didnt Landc just get it updated to that and she had PPR?

I dont know why some peoples get updated and others dont.Its weird!Typical governments!!
I'd be interested to know where you're checking current status? We've been checking the CIC website, using my wifes details (as she's the sponsor) and have now also had the letter confirming she's approved. CIC still says 'decision made'. When I try and enter my own details, using the same receipt number, there are no records. Guess this means either London haven't received everything from Canada yet (we got the letter around 28th June) or just that London haven't updated for me (the one who's applied for PR).... thoughts?... comments?... THe first stage (sponsor approval) happened so quickly i'm now expecting the rest to happen quickly too!!!
Old Jul 6th 2010, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by chobert
I'd be interested to know where you're checking current status? We've been checking the CIC website, using my wifes details (as she's the sponsor) and have now also had the letter confirming she's approved. CIC still says 'decision made'. When I try and enter my own details, using the same receipt number, there are no records. Guess this means either London haven't received everything from Canada yet (we got the letter around 28th June) or just that London haven't updated for me (the one who's applied for PR).... thoughts?... comments?... THe first stage (sponsor approval) happened so quickly i'm now expecting the rest to happen quickly too!!!
I wouldn't rely on it being quick! it seems as though some people get it super quick, others wait months! I'm in the same boat as you chobert, we are checking on my husband's (the sponsor's) ecas, it's not on for me yet and they have had it for almost a month. However, it does say they have my medicals on his ecas.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lethe
I wouldn't rely on it being quick! it seems as though some people get it super quick, others wait months! I'm in the same boat as you chobert, we are checking on my husband's (the sponsor's) ecas, it's not on for me yet and they have had it for almost a month. However, it does say they have my medicals on his ecas.
I got our photos back today and after a brief search here can't decide of that's good, bad, or indifferent! Any input? Am I teetering on the edge of pr or just in the same boat as before but with some photos?
Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

if you hear before me, im going to be, well super jealous, but also wondering what is wrong with my case.....i wish they would give you a timeline so you could actually plan your life...i mean like have something that says, you are 50% finished...its driving me crazy.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

if you hear before me, im going to be, well super jealous, but also wondering what is wrong with my case.....i wish they would give you a timeline so you could actually plan your life...i mean like have something that says, you are 50% finished...its driving me crazy.
I will be happy if I hear but sad if you don't hear too! There are other people here who have waited 5-6 months with no apparent reason...I guess it's luck of the draw which sucks a little. Besides, me getting my parcel back could be good, bad or no news at all! Some people don't get theirs until after they get PR, some get it back 6 weeks before they get PR. I wish there was a daily update but I image it would cost much more than I could afford to even apply for it if I expected them to keep me updated every single step of the way!
Just stay hopeful, what else can you do?

Last edited by Lethe; Jul 6th 2010 at 10:26 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

I will be happy if I hear but sad if you don't hear too! There are other people here who have waited 5-6 months with no apparent reason...I guess it's luck of the drawer which sucks a little. Besides, me getting my parcel back could be good, bad or no news at all! Some people don't get theirs until after they get PR, some get it back 6 weeks before they get PR. I wish there was a daily update but I image it would cost much more than I could afford to even apply for it if I expected them to keep me updated every single step of the way!
Just stay hopeful, what else can you do?
This is very true...at least im going out in 25 days time to see my husband and i cant freaking wait. We have our second wedding 14th august so im just forcusing on that, and hopefully i will hear good news when im away...but who knows.

Good luck, and lets hope they all let us get on with our lives soon, and for me and those apart from their other halfs, can be together for good soon...
Old Jul 6th 2010, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Saya10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got our photos back today and after a brief search here can't decide of that's good, bad, or indifferent! Any input? Am I teetering on the edge of pr or just in the same boat as before but with some photos?
Base on previous posters it usually mean they have (or close to) a desicion, usually postive. Not sure if its because in the event of a refusal they'd need them on file in the event of an appeal? I'd think it was postive because they haven't requested additional documents or an interview. Basically they no longer need the information, which leaves me to believe they've come to a decision. Good Luck!!!!! Hopefully I hear soon, on a side note London has been very good at responding to emails lately! Cheers to them!
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Saya10
Base on previous posters it usually mean they have (or close to) a desicion, usually postive. Not sure if its because in the event of a refusal they'd need them on file in the event of an appeal? I'd think it was postive because they haven't requested additional documents or an interview. Basically they no longer need the information, which leaves me to believe they've come to a decision. Good Luck!!!!! Hopefully I hear soon, on a side note London has been very good at responding to emails lately! Cheers to them!
Ok, so I am allowing myself to be tentatively excited I guess!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.