Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Thinking of withdrawing 2007 App.and resubmitting now????

Thinking of withdrawing 2007 App.and resubmitting now????

Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of withdrawing 2007 App.and resubmitting now????

Can do, some get processed faster, but they are usually the ones with the job offer. Has your spouse tried to get a job....may be able to get your application looked at if one of you gets a job offer, certainly worth a try at least
lol
Stef
Originally Posted by Papafaith
Its so difficult after waiting this long. I applied in Oct 2007, still waiting, but my spouses' profession (Pharmacy) is on the new list. Was also thinking of withdrawing mine and applying with her as principal applicant.
If the new ministerial instruction is applied to the letter, will it still take up to one year for us 2007 to get through. So frustrating - this wait.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:43 am
PBH
Just Joined

PBH is an unknown quantity at this point

We submitted our application in Jan 2007 under the skilled worker class I was 48 at the time. It took 4 months to acknowledge the application (and cash the cheque), then we heard nothing for ages.

The letter eventually arrived requesting us to submit the rest of the paperwork in June '09, the letter for the medicals followed in August, the visas and landing papers arrived in March '10 with an expiry date of Sept 10th (one year after the medicals), we landed at Vancouver in June this year.

So if our timeline is anything to go by I wouldn't recommend cancelling your application just yet, you're probably real close to the top of the pile now. We've met another couple with similar timelines for their application, they arrived in the same village the week after us. Another couple we know cancelled recently after waiting 4 years, they have started the whole process again through a different office, they really wish they hadn't cancelled now.

Looking back, we were amazed at how straightforward the whole process was, albeit very slow, we were only asked for one more piece of paperwork to prove our common law relationship and an extra medical follow up. We were half expecting worse problems, but happily, they never happened.

I don't think my job is in demand, I'm in printing, so I've no chance of a job in the trade here on North Vancouver Island. The only thing in our favour (as far as I know), is that we bought a house here 5 years ago, but I doubt it would have made much difference.

Good luck.

Paul

Last edited by PBH; Aug 4th 2010 at 7:46 am.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PBH
We submitted our application in Jan 2007 under the skilled worker class I was 48 at the time. It took 4 months to acknowledge the application (and cash the cheque), then we heard nothing for ages.

The letter eventually arrived requesting us to submit the rest of the paperwork in June '09, the letter for the medicals followed in August, the visas and landing papers arrived in March '10 with an expiry date of Sept 10th (one year after the medicals), we landed at Vancouver in June this year.

So if our timeline is anything to go by I wouldn't recommend cancelling your application just yet, you're probably real close to the top of the pile now.
Our timeline is not too far out from yours. Once they got to use it went through really quickly and without any problems.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future

I remember when the Feb 2008 changes were made and a guy on here posted that the pre 2008ers would be 'left to dry forever'
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=521862&page=8
I panicked and almost withdrew my application but didn't and I'm now in Canada with PR. I was told at the start of my process that it would take 42-48 months before I would be contacted again...not 42-48 months until I got PR!... there are always 'go slow' periods throughout each year where CIC appear to do nothing but its your decision and you have to do what you feel is right for you.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Its so difficult after waiting this long. I applied in Oct 2007, still waiting, but my spouses' profession (Pharmacy) is on the new list. Was also thinking of withdrawing mine and applying with her as principal applicant.
If the new ministerial instruction is applied to the letter, will it still take up to one year for us 2007 to get through. So frustrating - this wait.
If CIC already received 1,000 applications for your spouse's profession before hers, then they won't accept any more applications. I really would not want to withdraw an application already in the system. You may want to look into submitting a new one, with her as a lead applicant, but don't withdraw your previous one.

Ray
Old Aug 4th 2010, 4:52 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Don't bother withdrawing, submit a new application and if and when you are approved under the new regulations, only then cancel your 2007 application.

From OP Bulletin 101

8) Can applicants have both a pre-C-50 FSW application and a C-50 application?

Yes, applicants may have multiple FSW applications. The applicant can choose to either maintain the first application and submit a new C-50 application with a new processing fee; or withdraw the first application and submit a C-50 application. If an applicant chooses to withdraw their pre-C-50 application before processing begins, they will receive a refund.

Missions should inform applicants that they cannot advise whether the original FSW application or the C-50 application will be a faster process. Missions should avoid recommending a particular course of action to applicants.