British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Thinking of withdrawing 2007 App.and resubmitting now???? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/thinking-withdrawing-2007-app-resubmitting-now-679581/)

etjotoft Aug 3rd 2010 12:19 pm

Thinking of withdrawing 2007 App.and resubmitting now????

Hi

We are thinking of withdrawing our existing FSW application from Oct 2007, after almost 3 years and hearing nowt we are considering resubmitting with myself as lead applicant as my experience covers occupation of Bar Restaurant manager and is on in demand list.
However question's .....
can you resubmit straight away, or do we have to wait some time?
Worried about the 20,000 cap on application so we might get refused immediately.
Is this job only in demand in certain provinces, so would CIC want us to go there. Which we would if we know where that is!!!!
Also want to do best to arrange employment, but not seeing much in the way of vacancies for this "In Demand" job!!!! so a bit at a loss!!!!
Anyone who can help with this dilemma, or think of any other issues that it might throw up please comment.

Many thanks
Paula

jugapper Aug 3rd 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Thinking of withdrawing 2007 App.and resubmitting now????

We wouldn't do it personally.

I know the wait is endless, but we know we will get processed at some point and there are too many strings attached to the new system now for our liking.

You've come this far - stick with it and keep us company!;)

Julie

etjotoft Aug 3rd 2010 1:05 pm

Hi Julie

I know new system really fiddly that's one of our concerns,but had a response to a post I put on another thread that makes me wonder if we are doomed to never getting a look in!!!!! I will send it through for you to read it's not an optimistic read for people in our position.

Out of interest are you or your partner on the in demand job's category for your app?

Paula

singingringingtree Aug 3rd 2010 1:24 pm

When we first applied we read on here it would take ten years. If we had believed that we wouldn't have applied at all. I would stick with it. They will have to process you eventually and if you have enough points you're in. The new system sounds more complicated and there are suggestions they are trying to make it quite difficult to get through.

jugapper Aug 3rd 2010 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by etjotoft (Post 8749588)
Hi Julie

I know new system really fiddly that's one of our concerns,but had a response to a post I put on another thread that makes me wonder if we are doomed to never getting a look in!!!!! I will send it through for you to read it's not an optimistic read for people in our position.

Out of interest are you or your partner on the in demand job's category for your app?

Paula

Yes, he is an Industrial Electrician and on the old and new list.

But we are in a catch 22 - he needs the Red Seal (which we know and he is studying for the exam) but even with that employers all say there is loads of work but they will consider only those already in the country so when we have PR to get back to them! Plus, we cannot apply for the new system without work as we would now be short by 2 points as hubby just turned 50 - thanks to the wait time so we wouldn't qualify :frown:

So going for arranged employment is not all as easy as they say in the 'trade' occupations and the new system is a definite no-go....So sticking with the old queue it is.

But as people say Paula - and I keep saying it to myself numerous times a day - anything worth having, is worth waiting for !!:unsure:

raymasa Aug 3rd 2010 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by etjotoft (Post 8749484)
Hi
we are considering resubmitting with myself as lead applicant

So is your OH the main application on your current (2007) application?

If so, could you not submit a new application (with you as the main application) and leave the 2007 also in the system?

I don't know the answer, if you can or not, but someone might provide the answer.

I think it be too risky to withdraw the 2007 application.

Ray

etjotoft Aug 3rd 2010 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by raymasa (Post 8750266)
So is your OH the main application on your current (2007) application?

If so, could you not submit a new application (with you as the main application) and leave the 2007 also in the system?

I don't know the answer, if you can or not, but someone might provide the answer.

I think it be too risky to withdraw the 2007 application.

Ray

Hi

Yes we are thinking if that option too exploring all options!! leaving no stone unturned at the moment just want to get there.

Thanks Paula

Falcore Aug 3rd 2010 7:31 pm

I have just asked on your other thread for the source of that info from Crazy because as I said before I am not sure that I buy it. The immigration minister has said you can read it on the CIC main page that priority will try to be given to those that have been waiting the longest and thats us!

I wouldn't do anything hasty yet, its always slow during summer and should pick up again soon. Whatever you decide good luck. :D

Canada Hopeful Aug 3rd 2010 7:35 pm

Hello there,

Just trawling through the threads for anything relevant to us _ our AOR is Aug 31 2007 and still awaiting medical requests _ would be very interested to see the info as to why you feel people in our situation ,may never hear anything..?

Wishing you all the best:)

etjotoft Aug 3rd 2010 8:34 pm

Hi

I've sent that info to you as a message see what you think.

Regards Paula

christmasoompa Aug 3rd 2010 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by etjotoft (Post 8750547)
I've sent that info to you as a message see what you think.

If it's just general info, it would actually be very helpful if you posted it on the open forum - that way it can benefit others as well, and future members who may find it via a search.

Obviously if it's personal then PM is the best method though!

etjotoft Aug 3rd 2010 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 8750557)
If it's just general info, it would actually be very helpful if you posted it on the open forum - that way it can benefit others as well, and future members who may find it via a search.

Obviously if it's personal then PM is the best method though!

Hi it's on the thread Help! Old list app's - Anyone apply 2007 who has heard anything yet? but here it is below this message for your info.
I didn't want to overdo the posting of potential bad news!!!!!
cheers
Paula

crazy72

Re: Help! Old list app's - Anyone apply 2007 who has heard anything yet?
During most of 2008 (between the announcement of incoming new rules and start of consultations in early 2008 and the publication of first Ministerial Instructions in late Nov 2008) visa posts were doing inventory of all FSW applications they received prior to Feb 27, 2008 in order to index them by occupation. Since implementation of first Ministerial Instructions only small portion of processing resources (in some visa posts none) was left remaining after processing applications received since Feb 27 2008 - those leftovers (resources and visa quotas) were used to process some of pre Feb 27 2008 applications, with first priorities given to occupations on the list, while leaving cases with occupations not in any demand out to dry.

This is why comparing timelines for pre Feb 27 2008 applications is pointless - CIC was, is and will continue to prioritize those cases based on occupation, not on the basis of application date. At least most of the time. Some cases with occupations not in demand may still slip through from time to time, if at the time they are periodically looked at there is some leftover processing power and case is already well advanced. But for majority with occupations not in any demand the wait will be indefinite.

By setting up the 20,000 annual cap on FSW applications without arranged employment CIC sent a very strong signal that they have enough applications coming with arranged employment to meet annual immigration targets in FSW. Thus it is rather safe to assume that under the circumstances CIC will not give any second thoughts (forget resources) to most of pre Feb 27 2008 applications left out to dry.

The only sure solution for applicants left out to dry is to update their applications with arranged employment. The sooner the better. If you Guys and Gals say that you tried but couldn't find arranged employment then (1) you didn't try hard enough (you showed to CIC your lack of resourcefulness and abilities to succeed in Canada) and/or (2) there is no job for you in Canada no matter what. In both cases CIC doesn't want you. So, get off the sofa and fight, look for the job every day until you'll find it - it is your life, your future, your dream, nobody will do it for you.

CIC cannot refuse pre Feb 27 2008 applications without processing them but remember that CIC can at any time decide to clear the backlog by using wide implementation of R76(3):

http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/reg...r_Class_266010

which states:

Circumstances for officer's substituted evaluation

(3) Whether or not the skilled worker has been awarded the minimum number of required points referred to in subsection (2), an officer may substitute for the criteria set out in paragraph (1)(a) their evaluation of the likelihood of the ability of the skilled worker to become economically established in Canada if the number of points awarded is not a sufficient indicator of whether the skilled worker may become economically established in Canada.

By doing nothing about finding arranged employment you are leaving yourself wide open to the above.
Last edited by crazy72 : Aug 1st 2010 at 4:03 am.

lins and Stef McLachlan Aug 3rd 2010 11:56 pm

Hi
If you withdraw your application, you would have to go through a new application under those new rules. The route has been made harder and more expensive.

Under the old system, which we were under, you did not have to take an English Language test, which looks like quite a challenge as I have a friend who is studying for that at the moment, you did not have to get documents notorised and there was no cap on application numbers, other than an annual quota for the country.

Under the new system if your job is on the list, then they will only allow a quota of 1000 per job title, so if there is a popular job like nursing...you may not even get into processing. Then there is the requirement to pass this horrendous english language test. Even the ACPO Police checks are more expensive, although everyone whose certificate expires is required to submit the new ACPO ones. We did a total of 4 during the 4 years our application took, 3 were Subject Access under data protection and the fourth an ACPO one.

IMHO I would leave your application where it is.....they must almost be getting to yours now, so you will have broken the back of the wait. Under the new system it can take a year...so I don't think you would be any better off.
Good luck whatever you decide to do
lol
Stef

Hi

We are thinking of withdrawing our existing FSW application from Oct 2007, after almost 3 years and hearing nowt we are considering resubmitting with myself as lead applicant as my experience covers occupation of Bar Restaurant manager and is on in demand list.
However question's .....
Worried about the 20,000 cap on application so we might get refused immediately.
Is this job only in demand in certain provinces, so would CIC want us to go there. Which we would if we know where that is!!!!
Also want to do best to arrange employment, but not seeing much in the way of vacancies for this "In Demand" job!!!! so a bit at a loss!!!!
Anyone who can help with this dilemma, or think of any other issues that it might throw up please comment.

Many thanks
Paula

crazy72 Aug 4th 2010 2:56 am

Hi

However question's .....

Many thanks
Paula

Withdrawing the application is always risky. But if it is your spouse/partner who is the principal applicant on the old application and his/her occupation is not on any list (old or new) then I think it would be a good idea to apply with yourself as principal applicant, leaving the old one intact for the time being.

Once you get the positive eligibility decision it will be less risky to withdraw the old application.

Note that you need to hurry and under current rules you must submit complete application (with all docs, IELTS, etc.) to CIO. It is already over a month since implementation of current Ministerial Instructions and based on CIC's own reports we may assume that within next 2 months the cap will be reached.

The good news is that everyone was caught off guard on June 26 and not too many are able to submit complete packages fast anyway as everybody must wait for IELTS schedule. So, there is still a hope if you act fast.

Papafaith Aug 4th 2010 6:36 am

Its so difficult after waiting this long. I applied in Oct 2007, still waiting, but my spouses' profession (Pharmacy) is on the new list. Was also thinking of withdrawing mine and applying with her as principal applicant.
If the new ministerial instruction is applied to the letter, will it still take up to one year for us 2007 to get through. So frustrating - this wait.