Thank You

Old Jun 2nd 2016, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

expor83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thank You

From the start of our work visa application to the PR application I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the people who answered all my questions and gave us hugely valuable information and direction.

I just wanted to say that you guys have kept me sane! the original ICT application guidance helped so much, and we just got confirmation on our CIC account last night that our PR application has been approved, submitted all of our PR paperwork on March 7th and got the decision June 1st, so just under 3 months.

We're so settled in Canada and can see ourselves making our lives here, and so glad that we now get to make that decision (at least for the next 5 years) and at which point we can apply for citizenship.

Again, thank you, you're all doing a fantastic service
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank You

Congratulations. Good to see someone who has been successful using the same route I will be in 6 months time (ICT-PR).

Did you get your PR through CEC by any chance and if so how did you find the process?
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

expor83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Congratulations. Good to see someone who has been successful using the same route I will be in 6 months time (ICT-PR).

Did you get your PR through CEC by any chance and if so how did you find the process?
Thanks! yeah I got the required points via PNP and did the CEC as we'd been here over a year by that point.

Personally found the process a little stressful, mainly because of the amount of paperwork (plus doing anything for the first time is always daunting), for example each piece to the puzzle took time, such as getting our educational certificates took around 3 months due to the UK bodies taking x months then the Canadian body taking a few weeks. Medicals, english test, UK police checks etc. The PNP required as much (and duplicated pieces of information) as the PR application. Looking back, really all it took was the time to get the paperwork in place. For me it was added stress as we were unsure if the PR application would be processed before our visa ran out, honestly, just get the stuff in place as soon as possible and don't do what I did and leave it all to the last minute and you'll be totally fine. Once the paperwork was in to CIC for the PR, it was actually a breeze.

Good luck on yours and if you have any general questions feel free to ask, but honestly the guys on here helped so much to guide me in the right direction
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 2:24 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that was quick!

Just proves that PNP and CEC are definately much faster then FSW.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Wow that was quick!

Just proves that PNP and CEC are definately much faster then FSW.
Yea, I guess it shows the CEC system at least is meeting its purpose i.e. to keep those with Canadian experience in Canada. I also like CEC because you don't need proof of funds (hard when you live in Van).

I have a 3 year TWP so will be applying once I have the mandatory 1 year of experience. Hopefully it shouldn't take more than 2 years.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations !!! & kudos for posting a 'thank you' .
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expor83
From the start of ...)
Congratulations!