Quebec migration.

Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Sinikrishna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebec migration.

I applied for Quebec skilled worker programme in May 2013... I recieved my CSQ..And applied for federal... Waiying for file number...I applied as single applicant with child...My question is how can I add my spouse once I reach Quebec. Howlong will it take.. Should I start from application for CSQ... Shall i move to other province and apply for dependent visa.. Please reply
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quebec migration.

Originally Posted by Sinikrishna
I applied for Quebec skilled worker programme in May 2013... I recieved my CSQ..And applied for federal... Waiying for file number...I applied as single applicant with child...My question is how can I add my spouse once I reach Quebec. Howlong will it take.. Should I start from application for CSQ... Shall i move to other province and apply for dependent visa.. Please reply
At the time you applied were you married or single? You state single applicant with child but then mention spouse?
If married after the application submitted then notify CIC using this form link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 10:39 am
Just Joined

I was married at the time of application... As i dont have enough points i could not include my husband... That the reason why i think about dependent visa....
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I was married at the time of application... As i dont have enough points i could not include my husband... That the reason why i think about dependent visa....
Mmmm so the application form asked for your status e.g. Single, Married, Divorced, Widowed etc and you chose single when in fact married. CIC just might be looking at that as a case of misrepresentation later on in the proceedings.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

You are in a very bad situation, unfortunately.

You misrepresented your status in your original application. Not once, but twice, to QC and Federal. I'm not even sure you can correct that now.

Unless you included your spouse as 'non-accompanying'? If not, please note that you will NEVER be able to sponsor an undeclared spouse after you get here, AND *your* PR could be revoked if/when this comes to light.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Not like that... I have mentioned that i am married and put him as non accompanying and included him in dependent list... Not misinterpreted anywhere
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Not like that... I have mentioned that i am married and put him as non accompanying and included him in dependent list... Not misinterpreted anywhere
Well that's a relief, and very different to the scenario FL & I were envisioning . For your information, this was your statement that misled us:
I applied as single applicant with child
Now we know that your spouse is included (as non-accompanying): once you receive PR & land in QC, you could/would then sponsor your spouse.

You could do so straightaway after landing & becoming a resident of Qc. You would start here:

Sponsor your spouse, partner or children

and follow the links, which include the QC requirements.

Last edited by Shirtback; Jun 2nd 2016 at 3:44 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 3:18 am
Just Joined

Thank you verymuch.... Sorry for the misled quoting... i would like to know how much time it will take... Do I need a job to sponsor my spouse???
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

You don't need a job to sponsor your spouse, no.

The timeline varies. To get an idea have a look at
http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...london-642032/

& the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...FrnpmKMx0/html
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 12:09 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Just for my own curiosity... why wasn't he included on the initial application was accompanying..as this is obviously what you intended for him to do

I know that Quebec immigration bworks slightly differently but I wasn't aware that you could lose points for having an accompanying spouse.
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Just for my own curiosity... why wasn't he included on the initial application was accompanying..as this is obviously what you intended for him to do

I know that Quebec immigration bworks slightly differently but I wasn't aware that you could lose points for having an accompanying spouse.
You don't lose points, per se, it's that the total minimum points required for single/married are calculated differently. It's (the system, not that people have to do this) a bit daft (IMO), but happens reasonably often that people do what the OP is doing.

Is it a "loophole"? Probably...
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 12:27 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
You don't lose points, per se, it's that the total minimum points required for single/married are calculated differently. It's (the system, not that people have to do this) a bit daft (IMO), but happens reasonably often that people do what the OP is doing.

Is it a "loophole"? Probably...
Did not realise that... thanks for the info...seems really weird I mean who is going to immigrate cwithout their spouse?
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Did not realise that... thanks for the info...seems really weird I mean who is going to immigrate cwithout their spouse?
Lots of people, from various non-European countries/cultures immigrate (to various countries) without spouse &/or children, then bring them over once settled/established. It's very common.