TEARING MY HAIR OUT!!!

Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future
Default TEARING MY HAIR OUT!!!

Sorry but I just can't hold out much longer!!! Have been waiting for LMO since November 2008. Employer sent us an email last night in enormous letters it read;

YES

WILL E_MAIL CONFIRMATION WITHIN THE HOUR

7/1/09 This was just as I'd come in from work at 6.30pm

Watched the clock and waited anxiously.
7.30pm Better give them a few more minutes.
8.pm Well maybe they're on dinner break.
After 3 agonising hours NOTHING!

phoned employer. They confirmed they had the LMO and all the details were correct but they would have to send it to us in the morning.

8/1/09 Couldn't contain my excitement at work! Mustn't get too excited until we recieve hard copy though.

Rushed home from work after what seemed like the longest day in history!!

6.30 YES

There it is in my inbox! Oh ..... I'm all out of paper!

40 minutes later..... load printer and PRINT

CAN'T READ A SODDING WORD OF IT (all blurred)

Still tearing my hair out!!!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Billy Bear Badger is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: TEARING MY HAIR OUT!!!

Trust me, I know where you are coming from...but at least you've got the LMO...well done crack open a bottle to celebrate !!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

nzwasp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TEARING MY HAIR OUT!!!

Which province are you in? Im in Alberta - still waiting for lmo since start of december - Im really wanting to hear anything even a peep out of the HRSDC to find out about it.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:04 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

How exciting. Know just how you feel, the waiting is hiddeous isn't it??
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nzwasp
Which province are you in? Im in Alberta - still waiting for lmo since start of december - Im really wanting to hear anything even a peep out of the HRSDC to find out about it.
Currently in Cheshire, but will soon be in St Albert, looking to fly out on 5th Feb and apply for TWP via POE.

Zippy
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Sorry but I just can't hold out much longer!!! Have been waiting for LMO since November 2008. Employer sent us an email last night in enormous letters it read;

YES

WILL E_MAIL CONFIRMATION WITHIN THE HOUR

7/1/09 This was just as I'd come in from work at 6.30pm

Watched the clock and waited anxiously.
7.30pm Better give them a few more minutes.
8.pm Well maybe they're on dinner break.
After 3 agonising hours NOTHING!

phoned employer. They confirmed they had the LMO and all the details were correct but they would have to send it to us in the morning.

8/1/09 Couldn't contain my excitement at work! Mustn't get too excited until we recieve hard copy though.

Rushed home from work after what seemed like the longest day in history!!

6.30 YES

There it is in my inbox! Oh ..... I'm all out of paper!

40 minutes later..... load printer and PRINT

CAN'T READ A SODDING WORD OF IT (all blurred)

Still tearing my hair out!!!
Congratulations Zippadydoda on LMO

Good luck with the flight 5th feb
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:19 am
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

WOW...i can so feel your excitment in that post....it grabbed me !

Congrats and hope all goes well xxx
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

what day in november did you send it in?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

FAntastic!

and if you don't want to splurge on ink..find a cybercafe!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

what day in november did you send it in?
On the 30th November and cic assured employer it would take just 15 days. We were nieve enough to believe them and were convinced that we would here somethin by 19th December (which was 15 working days)

The employer had still not heard anything on 5th January so he conctacted them again on 6th January. He then told us that at first it did not sound very promising and that is sounded like they were probably going to reject it because they were unsure why employer was hiring a foreign worker when he had recently layed two people off.

However the cic officer sounded a bit more positive once employer had explained that the two employees had been offered alternative jobs which they did not want. Luckily the employer had got them to sign to say they did not want inside jobs.

By the end of long conversation employer had,( emphasising how he was not bothered whether it was a Canadian or foreign worker he employed, but that he was sick of training young people up then they left and that he knew that my oh was committed) convinsed cic to rethink. They said it would take another 7 to 10 days for them to process it.

We were truly amazed to get it the day after.

However I feel annoyed that they had not conntacted employer before this date and I am almost certain that they would have rejected LMO had employer not contacted them in the nick of time!

I hope you don't have much longer to wait and you receive positive news soon.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Just reading through an old thread and wondered if you finally made it to Alberta? We landed on 5th February and are in St Albert. Husbands job is in Edmonton. Where abouts in Alberta are you?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Just reading through an old thread and wondered if you finally made it to Alberta? We landed on 5th February and are in St Albert. Husbands job is in Edmonton. Where abouts in Alberta are you?
I had been in alberta for the last 2 years. Im in Calgary and i went through the montana - alberta border south of lethbridge.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:16 am

LorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats, great news for you.
Best wishes,
Lorraine G.