Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Submitting medical up front to speed up application process

Submitting medical up front to speed up application process

Old Jul 18th 2016, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

JasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to behold
Default Submitting medical up front to speed up application process

Hi,

I have an application in process for PR under the PNP non Express Entry route, and I was wondering if it is likely to speed up the processing of my application if I obtain a medical up front, or indeed if this is allowed. I understand medicals for PR purposes are valid for 12 months.

Has anyone submitted their medicals in advance, before receiving a request for these.

Many thanks.

J.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 6:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting medical up front to speed up application process

Unless you're applying under certain routes, an upfront medical isn't asked for, so tbh I don't really see the point in doing it early. I don't think it would speed things up at all (might even delay CIC as they'd have to match up a medical that they haven't asked for with an existing app that's not yet at that stage!) and if you got it done too early, you might not be able to land within a year of it so would end up having to pay for a second medical.

Your call, but not sure I'd bother personally.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

JasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Submitting medical up front to speed up application process

Many thanks for the swift response. I guess it is best to let things take the usual course, rather than throw a spanner in the works.

Do you think the currently posted 15 months to process non EE PNP applications, is reflected in the timelines you are seeing on the forum? Some non EE PNP applicants seem to be getting their PRs in much shorter timeframes. I suppose CIC/IRCC have been diverting resources to other streams, so this is varies to some degree.