Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Submitting EE before LMIA comes through

Submitting EE before LMIA comes through

Old Apr 12th 2020, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

i_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Submitting EE before LMIA comes through

Hi all,

I know this question has been answered before, but now that we have reached a crossroads I would like to know what are the next steps.

So, we are waiting for the LMIA to come through now (last step in the EE profile creation) so there's no reference number for it.

Our score with the LMIA is 521 and our score without it is 461.

Do we:

OPTION 1: Submit now with a score of 461 and when the LMIA comes (could be in 2-3 months) we update the application/profile with the LMIA reference number which will give us 521 points.

OPTION 2: Wait for the LMIA to come and complete our profile with the LMIA before submitting to get the full 521 points from the outset.

Thanks all,

Seeker.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 10:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting EE before LMIA comes through

I would recommend not waiting - things change so quickly when it comes to immigration - you have the points you might as well submit the EE profile, you never know when the points are going to hit the level you are at now, and you would be kicking yourselves if you could have received an invitation without the LMIA!

But do wait for a 2nd (or 3rd) opinion before jumping in
Calling Snowy and Christmasoompa
Old Apr 12th 2020, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Frazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, there's no point in waiting.
Draws are a bit messed up right now, the last few have been to CEC and PNP candidates only. If more CEC draws are made the points needed for this kind of draw should drop lower than the recent 464.
When FSW draws continue nobody really knows what is going to happen, it could go up or down.
​​​​​
Old Apr 13th 2020, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

i_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I would recommend not waiting - things change so quickly when it comes to immigration - you have the points you might as well submit the EE profile, you never know when the points are going to hit the level you are at now, and you would be kicking yourselves if you could have received an invitation without the LMIA!

But do wait for a 2nd (or 3rd) opinion before jumping in
Calling Snowy and Christmasoompa
Thanks for the reply!

We submitted today and are in the pool! I doubt we will get anything until we submit the LMIA. But like you said, we dont want to kick ourselves if, for some reason, the draw qualification score drops to or below 461!
Old Apr 13th 2020, 3:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frazzle
Draws are a bit messed up right now, the last few have been to CEC and PNP candidates only.
​​​​​
Only draws on 23rd March & 9th April were PNP/CEC, the previous few were for all programs.

Originally Posted by i_Seeker
Thanks for the reply!

We submitted today and are in the pool! I doubt we will get anything until we submit the LMIA. But like you said, we dont want to kick ourselves if, for some reason, the draw qualification score drops to or below 461!
FWIW, I totally agree with Frazzle & Siouxie, applying now makes more sense, no way of knowing if the LMIA will be granted or not and 461 may get you an ITA in the interim. Good luck, hope the points drop enough for you to get an ITA soon.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 3:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by i_Seeker
Our score with the LMIA is 521 and our score without it is 461.
Just spotted this - it's 50 points for a LMIA/job offer, so think your calculations are off! Should be 511 with one if your score is 461 now. Not that it matters as either way it'll be well over the minimum, but just thought I'd mention it so you don't wonder why it's less than expected.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just spotted this - it's 50 points for a LMIA/job offer, so think your calculations are off! Should be 511 with one if your score is 461 now. Not that it matters as either way it'll be well over the minimum, but just thought I'd mention it so you don't wonder why it's less than expected.
I got my additions wrong!
Old Apr 13th 2020, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Good luck, hope the points drop enough for you to get an ITA soon.
Thanks Christmasoompa, we will keep you all updated!