Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Submitted PR application but have to leave the country,what to do?-Expert Pl. advise.

Submitted PR application but have to leave the country,what to do?-Expert Pl. advise.

Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:50 am
Just Joined

auromira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Submitted PR application but have to leave the country,what to do?-Expert Pl. advise.

I am currently in US and I have applied for Canadian PR application-Skilled worker class @ Buffalo.

1.I have received a letter stating a file number has been created (File #: Bxxxxxxxxx[PPS] - B followed by 9 numbers - letter contains footer as " Status\acknowldg Apr05 " and the eClient states "We started processing your application on July xx, 2005.").

Is this called the AOR? Sorry if this question is rudimentary. Does the letters [PPS] denote something. Also, does the creation of file # means that cursory check has been done to ensure that the application is complete and ready for further processing(assessment). Wanted to clear my ignorance.

2.Unfortunately due to personal reasons, I have to leave US by next week and have to return to my native country to attend to a family situation. I will be staying there for most probably 4-5 months. Hopefully, I will be able to come back to US after this time period.

Is it ok to leave the country when the application processing has just started. Would that cause any issues for my application being processed @ Buffalo. Will it be transferred to my native country?

I wish to know what are the things I should do now before leaving US:

3a.Should I give my permanent address in my native country in the change of address format given in the back page of the CIC application receipt letter(" Status\acknowldg Apr05 "). Should we just take a copy of this letter and send the first page containing the file # as well.

Do we need to send a covering letter stating the reason for change in address (ie.I will be back to US after 5 months or so). Or Should we just use the space enmarked for "Applicant's comments" in the Change in Personal Information sheet (back page of " Status\acknowldg Apr05 ").
Also, is it advisable to send FAX or by coventional mail. Please advise.

Is there any way for us to know that the change in address was indeed updated in CIC system and linked to our file #. The reason why I am asking this is that the CIC receipt letter states that "We do not confirm receipt of correspondence. Please fax or mail information one time only".

Also, Does this "one time" mean we cannot change the personal information more than once - ie. when I come back to US? I am not sure I understood this correctly. Please help.

3b. I have a friend in Canada who is a PR for the last 3 years. Should I give the change of address as his Canada address or is the address has to be the place the applicant is going to be residing(my native country)?

Additionally, should I submit the form "IMM-5475- Authority to Release Personal Information To a designated Individual" with my friend as the representative for a local correspondence. Is this needed at this stage or when we should do this. I am so worried what's the correct thing to do. Experts Please advise.

Thanks very much for your time and help on this.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

auromira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Submitted PR application but have to leave the country,what to do?-Expert Pl. advise.

Hi Mr. Miller, PMM, Humphrey,

Could you please help me and advise what I should do before proceeding to my native country.

thanks very much in advance.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:17 pm
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Submitted PR application but have to leave the country,what to do?-Expert Pl. advise.

Originally Posted by auromira
Hi Mr. Miller, PMM, Humphrey,

Could you please help me and advise what I should do before proceeding to my native country.

thanks very much in advance.

Hi,

As u r leaving usa, so u can give address of ur friend in usa to receive ur mail in ur absence. Buffalo doesnot send mail outside of canada/usa

Regards

newlooks
Old Aug 5th 2005, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

My question to you is, are you still coming back to North America?? You have to know that Buffalo is the processing centre for those who are presently living in North America. If so, then you can just go to e-client and change your address or fax Bufallo. If you intend to live somewhere else then you have to use different visa post.

Originally Posted by auromira
I am currently in US and I have applied for Canadian PR application-Skilled worker class @ Buffalo.

1.I have received a letter stating a file number has been created (File #: Bxxxxxxxxx[PPS] - B followed by 9 numbers - letter contains footer as " Status\acknowldg Apr05 " and the eClient states "We started processing your application on July xx, 2005.").

Is this called the AOR? Sorry if this question is rudimentary. Does the letters [PPS] denote something. Also, does the creation of file # means that cursory check has been done to ensure that the application is complete and ready for further processing(assessment). Wanted to clear my ignorance.

2.Unfortunately due to personal reasons, I have to leave US by next week and have to return to my native country to attend to a family situation. I will be staying there for most probably 4-5 months. Hopefully, I will be able to come back to US after this time period.

Is it ok to leave the country when the application processing has just started. Would that cause any issues for my application being processed @ Buffalo. Will it be transferred to my native country?

I wish to know what are the things I should do now before leaving US:

3a.Should I give my permanent address in my native country in the change of address format given in the back page of the CIC application receipt letter(" Status\acknowldg Apr05 "). Should we just take a copy of this letter and send the first page containing the file # as well.

Do we need to send a covering letter stating the reason for change in address (ie.I will be back to US after 5 months or so). Or Should we just use the space enmarked for "Applicant's comments" in the Change in Personal Information sheet (back page of " Status\acknowldg Apr05 ").
Also, is it advisable to send FAX or by coventional mail. Please advise.

Is there any way for us to know that the change in address was indeed updated in CIC system and linked to our file #. The reason why I am asking this is that the CIC receipt letter states that "We do not confirm receipt of correspondence. Please fax or mail information one time only".

Also, Does this "one time" mean we cannot change the personal information more than once - ie. when I come back to US? I am not sure I understood this correctly. Please help.

3b. I have a friend in Canada who is a PR for the last 3 years. Should I give the change of address as his Canada address or is the address has to be the place the applicant is going to be residing(my native country)?

Additionally, should I submit the form "IMM-5475- Authority to Release Personal Information To a designated Individual" with my friend as the representative for a local correspondence. Is this needed at this stage or when we should do this. I am so worried what's the correct thing to do. Experts Please advise.

Thanks very much for your time and help on this.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforever is an unknown quantity at this point

1. letter= AOR

2.leaving country is not a prob. should be able to get back in the US if and when called for interview.

3a. dont give non US address if your move out of the US is temporary - ur case MAY be shifted to New Delhi.

Main issue is that if you r called for an interview and dont get entry into the US again, your case will be transfered to Delhi where your appl will go to the back of a VERY long queue.