Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

permanent residence visa in 2005-will be delayed due to.....

permanent residence visa in 2005-will be delayed due to.....

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:22 am
Just Joined

edselrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default permanent residence visa in 2005-will be delayed due to.....

Just want to ask for your expert opinion in the latest communication I received from the Canadian Embassy, Manila. The letter states that,

" Following a positive assessment of your application, we are happy to inform you that your medical examinations have been received and are valid until Feb 5, 2006.At this time we are NOT requesting any further documents, but we reserve the right to do so at a later date, if required.

We regret to inform you that due to target management requirements, we will not be able to issue your permanent residence visa(s) in 2005. You will receive a letter from us in Dec 2005 telling you of the next stage of the processing. If all documents are satisfactory, you will receive a letter requesting the submission of your passport (s) for visa issuance, and should your passport be acceptable, your visa will be issued at the beginning of 2006. The validity of your permanent resident visa will be the validity of your medicals, as listed above, and you will be required to land in Canada on or before that date....."

We may know what "target management requirements" means? Kindly give us your understanding/assessment in the above. What is the implication/s of this letter to our application?

Thank you very much!

Edselrt
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Default Re: permanent residence visa in 2005-will be delayed due to.....

Sorry, questions were already answered in June 22, 2005 post of samarorep888. We have similar case. Any additional comments will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Originally Posted by edselrt
Just want to ask for your expert opinion in the latest communication I received from the Canadian Embassy, Manila. The letter states that,

" Following a positive assessment of your application, we are happy to inform you that your medical examinations have been received and are valid until Feb 5, 2006.At this time we are NOT requesting any further documents, but we reserve the right to do so at a later date, if required.

We regret to inform you that due to target management requirements, we will not be able to issue your permanent residence visa(s) in 2005. You will receive a letter from us in Dec 2005 telling you of the next stage of the processing. If all documents are satisfactory, you will receive a letter requesting the submission of your passport (s) for visa issuance, and should your passport be acceptable, your visa will be issued at the beginning of 2006. The validity of your permanent resident visa will be the validity of your medicals, as listed above, and you will be required to land in Canada on or before that date....."

We may know what "target management requirements" means? Kindly give us your understanding/assessment in the above. What is the implication/s of this letter to our application?

Thank you very much!

Edselrt
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:58 am
Just Joined

To Mr. Andrew,other experts,

Part of the letter we received is: "If all documents are satisfactory, you will receive a letter requesting the submission of your passport (s) for visa issuance, and should your passport be acceptable, your visa will be issued at the beginning of 2006. The validity of your permanent resident visa will be the validity of your medicals, as listed above, and you will be required to land in Canada on or February 5, 2006...

Considering that visa stamping normally takes one month, do you think the period of January 1-Feb 5 (which is the validity of our medical exam) will be enough? Or this will mean another medical exam?

Thank you

edselrt
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:24 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You will most likely be asked to redo medicals

To Mr. Andrew,other experts,

Part of the letter we received is: "If all documents are satisfactory, you will receive a letter requesting the submission of your passport (s) for visa issuance, and should your passport be acceptable, your visa will be issued at the beginning of 2006. The validity of your permanent resident visa will be the validity of your medicals, as listed above, and you will be required to land in Canada on or February 5, 2006...

Considering that visa stamping normally takes one month, do you think the period of January 1-Feb 5 (which is the validity of our medical exam) will be enough? Or this will mean another medical exam?

Thank you

edselrt
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 5:30 pm
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, questions were already answered in June 22, 2005 post of samarorep888. We have similar case. Any additional comments will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Hi,

Which embassy did u apply to

Regards

newlooks
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough

It's telling Manila.

Originally Posted by newlooks
Hi,

Which embassy did u apply to

Regards

newlooks
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 12:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks Andrew!

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Hi! I thank you for your immediate reply.

I addition to my query below, I would like also to know if what is the "next stage of the processing" the Embassy is referring to in the letter.

At this point in time of our application, does it mean that they already completed all the necessary background and security check?

-edselrt

Old Jul 26th 2005, 1:00 am

Unfortunately some decisions will expire - medical and criminal for sure and you may be asked to redo medicals and submit updated police certificates. Thus get those pcc close to the end of year and submit without waiting for request. Same with updated proof of funds in liquid form.

Hi! I thank you for your immediate reply.

I addition to my query below, I would like also to know if what is the "next stage of the processing" the Embassy is referring to in the letter.

At this point in time of our application, does it mean that they already completed all the necessary background and security check?

-edselrt
Old Jul 26th 2005, 4:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks, Do we still need to wait for the medical forms from the Embassy (instruction) or we can directly go to the registered medical practitioner holding our records?

-edselrt

Unfortunately some decisions will expire - medical and criminal for sure and you may be asked to redo medicals and submit updated police certificates. Thus get those pcc close to the end of year and submit without waiting for request. Same with updated proof of funds in liquid form.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 4:41 am

You need to wait for request and medical forms

Thanks, Do we still need to wait for the medical forms from the Embassy (instruction) or we can directly go to the registered medical practitioner holding our records?

-edselrt
Old Jul 29th 2005, 4:30 am
Just Joined

garfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,
I also received similar letter.
My timeline
Aug 2000 --Applied (Manila) /AOR
Feb 2003 --got IRPA letter
Feb 2005 --interview letter (received in March 2005)
April 2005 --passed interview
May 2005 --medical
June 2005 --got letter that passed medical but issuance of visa on
hold (will be released Jan2006)

I thought I'm the only applicant who applied in year2000 that got the letter. We already have waited for 5 years, what's another 6months of waiting....as others would say....more time to prepare I guess.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 4:09 am
Just Joined

mcdo_60102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garfield
I also received similar letter.
My timeline
Aug 2000 --Applied (Manila) /AOR
Feb 2003 --got IRPA letter
Feb 2005 --interview letter (received in March 2005)
April 2005 --passed interview
May 2005 --medical
June 2005 --got letter that passed medical but issuance of visa on
hold (will be released Jan2006)

I thought I'm the only applicant who applied in year2000 that got the letter. We already have waited for 5 years, what's another 6months of waiting....as others would say....more time to prepare I guess.

i want to invite you to our very own forum... pinoy to canada forum.

http://lbautista.proboards31.com/index.cgi?

you will get so much information regarding soon to be immigrants.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

To Andrew, or anyone who knows,

I was just wondering what does the CHC means about "Management Target Requirements". Did the poster missed the point system or they were just unlucky to be cut off due to the yearly quota or whatever??

Thanks,

RW

Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:51 pm

Target = quotas

If poster would have missed pass mark or other criteria then application would have been refused.

But seems that OP got unlucky as quotas for the year have been used up and visa will be issued next year.

Originally Posted by Redwings
To Andrew, or anyone who knows,

I was just wondering what does the CHC means about "Management Target Requirements". Did the poster missed the point system or they were just unlucky to be cut off due to the yearly quota or whatever??

Thanks,

RW

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jul 31st 2005 at 3:54 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.