Subject Access Requests

Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

BC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant future
Default Subject Access Requests

Hi

I realise I need to get an ACRO certificate, but on the form for the ACRO it asks if you've ever been arrested, cautioned, warned or reprimanded etc. There was an incident back in the 80's when I was a teenager, I was taken to a police station but being so long ago I can't remember if I was actually arrested or cautioned or whatever so I want to find out what information is held on me.

So to do this I believe that I need to make a subject access request, but my question is, is that I now live in a different county from when the incident happened so would I need to make the request from the police force that dealt with it and would hold information about it or does it not matter which county police force that I request it from?

Cheers
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subject Access Requests

Originally Posted by BC-Roo
Hi

I realise I need to get an ACRO certificate, but on the form for the ACRO it asks if you've ever been arrested, cautioned, warned or reprimanded etc. There was an incident back in the 80's when I was a teenager, I was taken to a police station but being so long ago I can't remember if I was actually arrested or cautioned or whatever so I want to find out what information is held on me.

So to do this I believe that I need to make a subject access request, but my question is, is that I now live in a different county from when the incident happened so would I need to make the request from the police force that dealt with it and would hold information about it or does it not matter which county police force that I request it from?

Cheers
If you were just either arrested or cautioned back in the 80 and you have had no further issues then there should be no record for you to request. Back in the day cautions were destroyed after 5 year. It's not the same now though. You would write to the police station that arrested you though to check

Last edited by tee1; Mar 13th 2013 at 8:33 am.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

BC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant futureBC-Roo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Subject Access Requests

Hi tee1

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I was sixteen but my mum seems to think I was younger, I really can't remember and I'm probably worrying over nothing.

We don't think that I was ever given any kind of paperwork to say I was cautioned or reprimanded or anything. I remember getting a good talking to by the police officer (would this be seen as a reprimand?) and have never been in trouble with the police since.

(Just saw your edit, thanks)

Last edited by BC-Roo; Mar 13th 2013 at 9:07 am.