Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Taking Passports to London Visa Office?

Taking Passports to London Visa Office?

Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking Passports to London Visa Office?

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help we out....
I am awaiting PPR at the moment and would like to turn around the COPR as quick as possible. When dropping off copies of passports (and other docs that might be requested) does it need to be the principal applicant ?? is there any checks done at either drop off or pick up??

Hoping that maybe my wife can take them or pick them up if I can not make it?

Anybody have an expeirence of this??

Thanks

Gareth
Old Feb 21st 2013, 9:59 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Passports to London Visa Office?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can drop them off in person. I am not 100% sure of this.

We just mailed ours. Husband sent his copies and the form they send with PPR (very short form) by registered post so it would get delivered the next day, and he had COPR about 4 weeks later, mailed back to him by registered post.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can drop them off in person. I am not 100% sure of this.
You used to be able to drop passports off and collect them; I think it was something like noon to 2pm on Thursdays. I don't know whether you still can.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure you can, someone in the AOR Aug/Sep 2010 thread has just done it and collected them yesterday. HOpefully they will be along soon to answer you question!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

thanks everyone
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:51 am
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by garethnock
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help we out....
I am awaiting PPR at the moment and would like to turn around the COPR as quick as possible. When dropping off copies of passports (and other docs that might be requested) does it need to be the principal applicant ?? is there any checks done at either drop off or pick up??

Hoping that maybe my wife can take them or pick them up if I can not make it?

Anybody have an expeirence of this??

Thanks

Gareth
Ask Violets are blue, as I am sure she did this recently http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=850 And http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=962

Last edited by vettemaster; Feb 22nd 2013 at 2:55 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vettemaster
THANKS
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by garethnock
THANKS
Hi, I sent you a PM, Im pretty sure that you can send someone to collect it for you and what was said earlier is correct. You go and drop off on a Thursday 2-3pm and pick up is two weeks later on a Thursday, same time.

I looked at my e mail information and found this section in the information they sent me. Hope this helps

If you would like someone else to collect your Confirmation of Permanent Residence ( COPR), that person must
present:
the receipt that was issued to you,
asigned letter from you authorizing them to collect your (COPR), and
one piece of government-issued identification that includes their name and photograph.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 3:08 am
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

I have just dropped off and picked up from London CIC (picked up on Thursday 21st) - and yes what you are asking can be done.

When you receive PPR the instructions in the PDF state that you or someone else can pick up / drop off the docs at London between 2-3pm on a Thursday only. If someone else is coming on your behalf they will need your passport and a letter from you to state that they are allowed to do this.

Do not worry all is outlined in the document when you have successfully reach PPR.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone had a PPR, but not been able to drop off at LVO?? I did not seem to get an option with my PPR email from CIC today??

I see some have had a PDF attached to the PPR email, not mine

Hoping to do it tomorrow

Have emailed CIC, but not hopefully of hearing back by end of day!!

Gareth
Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:27 am
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

I had a pdf attachment give me instructions to supply photographs copies of passport and an updated information sheet that was included in the pdf.

I have sent you a PM, I say give London CIC a chance to send you the PDF through as you don't know if any instructions will be specific to you or if they have changed the way they are now doing things?? Frustration though I know but better to be safe than sorry and get all the way to London without everything they need.

Very well done though for getting PPR
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Gareth - I see you got PPR! Very jealous - I guess your email did spur things on! I sent an email on Monday and stil not heard anything. Just out of interest, did you ever reappear on ECAS??!

Good luck with the last step!

Last edited by Jane Barlow; Mar 13th 2013 at 2:06 am. Reason: added text
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jane,
Yes been emailing all week about the RPRF - which had been paid, but then CIC thought the was a refund which the was not, etc, etc - finally got a PPR email this morning.... only the information on dropping off Passport etc, was not attached to the email....

So now waiting to hear back.. again!! wanted to go tomorrow to London, but might be next week now

Good Luck to you & you much awaited PPR
G

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Well done Gareth - I see you got PPR! Very jealous - I guess your email did spur things on! I sent an email on Monday and stil not heard anything. Just out of interest, did you ever reappear on ECAS??!

Good luck with the last step!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Gareth - how annoying. I bet it will be ages before they actually reply! I emailed them about our RPRF too as we paid it in Dec so it was to ask if they received it and if they need anything else from us (more an excuse to try and get things moving!!) Getting fed up, I know we haven't actually waited that long compared to many, but I'm desperate to get house on market and it's ready to go as soon as we get PPR!