Study Permit Q's

Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:55 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2
littleazb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Study Permit Q's

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this board but have been reading and re-reading for quite a while now. Wondered if anyone could help with a few questions as I have recently been accepted at university in PEI and I'm about to apply for my visa (and husband and children). I apologise in advance if these questions have been answered previously and for the length of my post!

Our first stumbling block is proving we have funds while I study. The course is for 4 years, so will I be issued a visa for this length of time, and if so do we have to have the relevant funds for 4 years? (my husband will hopefully be issued with an OWP - does this count at all towards funds?) Also at which point do I prove funds? I thought it was with the appliation but from reading previous posts I'm not sure if it is asyou are entering the country?

Do I have to show that I have a return flight booked? I've searched CIC's website and most I can come up with is that we must show that we will return.

The conditions for an OWP do state that you must not have any criminal convictions, my hubby was a little naughty as a youngster (age 15) and was fined in youth court for theft. He now works for the probation service and a few years back this did show on a CRB check but has had quite a number of enhanced CRB checks done since as he also temps in children's homes, young offenders institutes etc, and now the conviction seems to have disappeared as it only ever showed up on the very first check. Will this cause any problems with the OWP application?

Thank a bundle for reading this post and any help at all will be gratefully received

littleazb is offline  
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:05 am
Forum Regular
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 44
ola is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Study Permit Q's

Hi Angela,

I came with my family last year on a student Visa i provided fund that will last for a year and a bit, i pay for my school fees, prove that we have a property in the Uk although i don't think this is necessary but i have hard that they want to see that you have something to come back for especially if you are going with your family, i was granted 2 years visa which is the lenght of time i need for my present college however at the point of entry and on my application form i wrote my intent to stay for further study after i completed the 2 yrs.

My husband got OWP but getting a job is another story everybody's luck is different i don't think his OWP have anything to do with the fund my kids got Student permit as well

We provide the proof of fund with the application We are not ask for proof of fund at the point of entry but the visa was stamped at the point of entry everything took about 20mins at the point of entry.

i don't know about the criminal convinction you can only try .
Good luck
ola is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.