Statutory Declarations

Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Nikie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Statutory Declarations

Hi

My Canadian boyfriend and I are making an application under family class for him to sponsor me for PR.

We are getting there with the application but I am a bit stuck on what the contents of the two statutory declarations should include.

1. Can anyone give me pointers on exactly what information should be written on these declarations.

2. Exactly who are the best people to provide these? A friend, a family memeber, a colleague? Will my best friend and my brother surfice?

Thanks for your help!

Nikie
Old Jul 13th 2005, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Snape is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Statutory Declarations

Hi Nikie, i had to do the very same thing. Basically all i did was get too people who have known me for say 5 yrs to write a letter basically saying that they know me and to the best of thier knowledge we have been in a loving relationship for xxx many years. And then they went to a solicitors or similar and basically had it witnessed and signed and stamped by the solicitor.

Thats all you need to do for that part.

If you need anymore help drop us an email and i will try to help out.

Thanks
Ian
Old Jul 17th 2005, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Nikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Snape
Hi Nikie, i had to do the very same thing. Basically all i did was get too people who have known me for say 5 yrs to write a letter basically saying that they know me and to the best of thier knowledge we have been in a loving relationship for xxx many years. And then they went to a solicitors or similar and basically had it witnessed and signed and stamped by the solicitor.

Thats all you need to do for that part.

If you need anymore help drop us an email and i will try to help out.

Thanks
Ian
Is this the right sort of thing.....should we add anything else?? And then I just need to get it witnessed by a solicitor....??

I, ****, do solemnly swear that I have known Nicola Jane Jephcott for 27 years.

I do also solemnly swear that I have known James David Howard Lloyd since May 2003.

To the best of my knowledge, Nicola and James are in and continue to be in a loving relationship. I understand them to have been partners since January 2003. They have both been living in England together as a couple for the past year. I see them on a regular basis and have always known them to be a loving couple with plans to spend the rest of their lives together.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Snape is on a distinguished road

Yeah that sounds ok to me Nikie, just get your friend to take it to a solicitor and get notroised and witnessed.

I think you need about 3 of these for common law application.

Thanks
Ian

Originally Posted by Nikie
Is this the right sort of thing.....should we add anything else?? And then I just need to get it witnessed by a solicitor....??

I, ****, do solemnly swear that I have known Nicola Jane Jephcott for 27 years.

I do also solemnly swear that I have known James David Howard Lloyd since May 2003.

To the best of my knowledge, Nicola and James are in and continue to be in a loving relationship. I understand them to have been partners since January 2003. They have both been living in England together as a couple for the past year. I see them on a regular basis and have always known them to be a loving couple with plans to spend the rest of their lives together.