Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spouse sponsorship visa...duel intent

Spouse sponsorship visa...duel intent

Old Apr 15th 2013, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse sponsorship entry - duel intent

Originally Posted by nm2013
My wife and I have sent our spousal sponsorship application off and are traveling to Canada while it is in the process of being processed. I would like to declare my dual intent to the officer upon arrival in order to recieve a 9mo stamp on my passport ensuring that the visa paperwork clears before i have to leave. Has anyone done this, and have advice on the best way to go forward? I have a copy of all our paperwork as well as proof that it has been sent off. I have a letter of employment from my UK employer that is holding my job for 12months based on the outcome of my immigration status as well as bank statment and letters of support from my family in both canada and the UK. As both my wife and I have family in both places it is in our best interest to follow the law in terms of overstaying, we need to be able to freely travel back and forth if needed, but i am not sure if this will convince an officer... Any help would be much appreciated
Based on this post you should be fine. I cant speak for all officers across Canada but Id give you a visitor record for 12 months.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

nm2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Based on this post you should be fine. I cant speak for all officers across Canada but Id give you a visitor record for 12 months.
yes it all went well and got a 12 month stamp...just like to say a massive thank you for everyones advice and help
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:07 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nm2013
yes it all went well and got a 12 month stamp...just like to say a massive thank you for everyones advice and help
Great news!