Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Applying for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?

Applying for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?

Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough
Default Applying for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?

I was wondering whilst your in a job under the skills list either for the skill level 0, A or B can you apply for the Canadian Experience Class visa? I understand that you only require 12 months of working experience in either level but can you apply for the CEC while working? I plan to apply for PR and the CEC visa is my best bet.

I'm currently on a working holiday visa for one-year but I have applied to extend it for another year, so I would be entitled to 2 years in Canada.

Any info would be very much appreciated.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:38 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?

Originally Posted by Stephen47
I was wondering whilst your in a job under the skills list either for the skill level 0, A or B can you apply for the Canadian Experience Class visa? I understand that you only require 12 months of working experience in either level but can you apply for the CEC while working? I plan to apply for PR and the CEC visa is my best bet.

I'm currently on a working holiday visa for one-year but I have applied to extend it for another year, so I would be entitled to 2 years in Canada.

Any info would be very much appreciated.
All the information about qualifying for the CEC stream is on the CIC website here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp the instruction guide (for filling out the forms) also has some useful info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/5609ETOC.asp

Have a read of it, then come back and ask any questions you may have and I am sure someone will be more than happy to help.

You need 1 full year of working in in a skilled position (as you stated) in Canada to apply.