Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Sponsorship Timescales So Far

Spouse Sponsorship Timescales So Far

Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Abby27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Sponsorship Timescales So Far

Hello there everyone,

I've had some further news so I thought I'd come back and update my timescales. I'm hoping this will be encouraging to those who are in the same position.

My husband who is a Canadian Citizen living in Montreal Quebec, is sponsoring me, I live in the UK.

20th Oct - Mailed joint application including proof of medical cert to CPC Mississauga

14 Nov - Sponsor received letter from CPC Mississauga acknowledging receipt of application advising that he had been approved. Info now being sent to the MRCI (Ministere des relations avec les citoyens et de l'Immigration)

24 Nov - I receive acknowledgement receipt from the High Commission London advising that the next step could be possible interview (advised waiting period of upto 6 months)

5th Dec - Sponsor received next set of forms from MRCI. I download my section from website and send to Sponsor to include with his - mailed forms to MRCI 20th Dec

29th Jan - Husband receives letter from MRCI saying both our applications are approved and enclosed is the Selection Certificate and before/after arrival check list for him to send to me. The interview is waivered and Mississauga and London have been informed of the decision.

We really cannot believe how quickly this has gone so hang in there everyone.

I'm going to post a question after this message asking how long can I expect to wait before London write to request my passport so if you have any ideas then I'd be grateful if you let me know.

I'll come back with further updates...if you have any questions then go ahead and ask, I'll try to help :-D

Regards

Abby
Old Jan 31st 2004, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Sponsorship Timescales So Far

That's looking really good for you Abby. Especially as you are having to live apart from your husband at the moment. That can't be easy.

Fortunately for us, my wife and I are able to live in the UK while she sponsers me to make a move to Canada. (Her home City is Montreal)

Hopefully we can make the same kind of progress that you appear to be making.