Spousal Work Permit

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spousal Work Permit

Guys, my company sponsored me to come work in Canada, getting the LMO etc etc...My question is, how does my spouse get her work permit as well? Does the Company have to do it for her or is that something we have to do on our own...and how difficult or easy is it?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Spousal Work Permit

Originally Posted by jammy123
Guys, my company sponsored me to come work in Canada, getting the LMO etc etc...My question is, how does my spouse get her work permit as well? Does the Company have to do it for her or is that something we have to do on our own...and how difficult or easy is it?
Yr wife i think will apply for a Sposual work permit at the airport i guess, I am not sure but someone will come along with yr answer.

good luck
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

jammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond reputejammy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Help please?? Someone?
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Help please?? Someone?
Once you get the LMO and all the job offer letters, fill the application with your wife and if u have kids had them and they will give u a TWP plus yr wife a sposual work permit but i am not sure if yr wife gets her at the airport after she pays something like $150..

why dont u call the CHC and find out what yr wife's visa will be???
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:44 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Here is the link to the wiki on SOWP

Hope this helps

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa..._Permit-Canada
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Well, my company has made me a job offer. I have the offer letter in hand, but have not had to submit any paperwork to them or to anybody..Not even a copy of my passport or anything. Maybe it is because it is an intra-company transfer?..But I just need to know the fastest and easiest way that my spouse can get the work permit. I do not have any kids, so it is just the two of us..
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Help please?? Someone?
hi, i just checked and maybe u can read here .

oooo someone is here i told u

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa..._Permit-Canada
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

I would really like to do it whilst I am still out of Canada, but the thing is the Company is taking care of everything....I have not received any paperwork about work permit from them whatsoever. All I have from them is the job offer.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

And alos, per this link if I wait to do it at the POE, then there are "other conditions that apply" and I need to show pay stubs etc etc...I will not have any Canadian pay stubs upon entering Canada. I am not sure what these other conditions are, and honestly just not sure what to do right now..
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Jammy, this thread may help. It's a recent one discussing intra-company transfers and there are a couple of replies in it from people listing what paperwork they needed to get TWP via a transfer. Your company won't have applied for LMO (not required for transfer), but you do need some other bits.

And you can either apply for SOWP in TWP application form (there's a box for it and you just have to pay an extra $150) or at POE.

We're heading out to Canada via an intra-company transfer too so if you have any other questions then just pm me. Hope that helps, good luck.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...esman+transfer
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:33 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

And alos, per this link if I wait to do it at the POE, then there are "other conditions that apply" and I need to show pay stubs etc etc...I will not have any Canadian pay stubs upon entering Canada. I am not sure what these other conditions are, and honestly just not sure what to do right now..
The requirement to show proof that the principal applicant is working in Canada (by showing a few pay stubs, for example) refers to a spouse who goes to Canada some time after the principal applicant and applies for a spousal open work permit (SOWP) at a Canadian port of entry (POE).

The requirement to produce pay stubs or some other form of proof that the principal applicant already is working in Canada does not apply if the spouse accompanies the principal applicant to Canada (that is, if they travel together) and if the spouse applies for an SOWP at the POE.

If you as the principal applicant are moving to Canada on an intra-company transfer, you most likely do not need a labour market opinion (LMO) in order to apply for a temporary work permit (TWP).

I suggest you first read the following Wiki articles:
Then, when you have a reasonable understanding of how the process works, contact your employer and ask them how they want you to proceed. They cannot do everything for you, even if they were willing to do so. For example, it is you, as an individual (and not the company), who applies for the TWP. Ask them if they want you to apply for the TWP while you're still overseas or at a Canadian port of entry.

You may find that the Canadian branch of your company is more laid back than the UK branch. When you deal with Canadians, it helps to phone instead of relying on e-mail. Take the time difference into consideration and then phone the relevant Canadian branch of your company and ask to speak to a relevant person (ideally the person who will be your supervisor but, if necessary, someone in the Human Resources Department).
x