Spousal Timeline just for FYI

Old May 5th 2009, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

chams is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spousal Timeline just for FYI

Originally Posted by yeahthatsme
Hey chams congrats! No updates on our side yet. Missing my son and wife like crazy. Apprantly CHC are carrying out back ground checks. Any idea how long that takes? CHC london started processing our application on 20 jan 09 and we have have hadd all our document sent back with 2 passpoert photos, also early March 09 Ecas update "medicals received".

Z
Sounds like your very close with the photos having been returned.
Seems London is staying fairly linear.

Now we're watching the post ready for the PPR.

How do you know they are doing background checks? For us, it was just my wife, and her police cert. was "No Trace".
She's never had a run in with the police.
She's been here since July 2008, and we didn't even submit a UK address.
We only sent about 5 pics of our small civil ceremony, but I think our case was very straight forward.
I just filled out everything as if it was my right to have my spouse here, as I think it is.

Last edited by chams; May 5th 2009 at 2:00 am.
Old May 5th 2009, 2:58 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chams
Sounds like your very close with the photos having been returned.
Seems London is staying fairly linear.

Now we're watching the post ready for the PPR.

How do you know they are doing background checks? For us, it was just my wife, and her police cert. was "No Trace".
She's never had a run in with the police.
She's been here since July 2008, and we didn't even submit a UK address.
We only sent about 5 pics of our small civil ceremony, but I think our case was very straight forward.
I just filled out everything as if it was my right to have my spouse here, as I think it is.
Chuffed to hear things are still progressing for you guys chams.

I took a different approach with our sponsorship app (too many Miller posts about 'answering all possible questions' echoing in my head) and threw everything in there. Knowing that most people won't bury themselves in this site for weeks before submitting I thought this might be a good idea but I'm questioning that now...

If you don't mind my asking, how did you address the parts of the forms where you expect to carry on on another sheet of paper? You make your app sound very matter of fact!
Old May 5th 2009, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

It was very matter of fact. We never added any extra essays to the app.
I figured that if they wanted more info, they would ask.
We are legally married, and in a committed lifetime relationship.
Being born Canadian, I just had the attitude that the app. is a mere formality.
We've yet to see if we're approved mind.
Old May 7th 2009, 2:48 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

It was very matter of fact. We never added any extra essays to the app.
I figured that if they wanted more info, they would ask.
We are legally married, and in a committed lifetime relationship.
Being born Canadian, I just had the attitude that the app. is a mere formality.
We've yet to see if we're approved mind.
Ah. Cynicism. Healthy, but unnecessary I'm sure

I knew they could come back and ask, but the timeline is a bit of an issue for us with not being able to work etc.

Will keep following you guys closely, best of luck Chams.
Old May 11th 2009, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Passport request sent May 1 2009!!
Got copy via email this morning.
Old May 11th 2009, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute

Passport request sent May 1 2009!!
Got copy via email this morning.
Congratulations!

Starting to worry now that mine won't come through before we fly to Toronto this summer.

abaddon
Old May 29th 2009, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

UPS tracking says passports received by "Guard" in London May 10th.
Nothing sent back yet. I emailed CHC London. No response.
I'm getting worried now...
Old May 29th 2009, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Nevermind...
Wouldn't you know I got an email shortly after posting the above telling me that the passport was sent out yesterday "signed-for" post.
I guess we've managed it all in about 5 months start to finish.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of

Nevermind...
Wouldn't you know I got an email shortly after posting the above telling me that the passport was sent out yesterday "signed-for" post.
I guess we've managed it all in about 5 months start to finish.
Congratulations! This makes me extra happy as it means one less case stopping mine from being processed
Old Jun 8th 2009, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

All done.
Flag-poled this morning at Niagara Falls. Stopped at the OHIP office on the way home, had a bite to eat, got her S.I.N. and were home by 3PM.
Time for a few pints.

Thanks to all on the forum. It's was an immense help in doing the application ourselves.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of

All done.
Flag-poled this morning at Niagara Falls. Stopped at the OHIP office on the way home, had a bite to eat, got her S.I.N. and were home by 3PM.
Time for a few pints.

Thanks to all on the forum. It's was an immense help in doing the application ourselves.

Congrats Chams. Don't forget to update Trackitt...you're the first applicant of 2009 on there to be finished!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:21 am
Just Joined

miss_sunshine82 is an unknown quantity at this point

chams! CONGRATS! Glad all went well and wish you so much luck!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

yeahthatsme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Chams Congrats matey! Glad to hear things went well for you in the Month of May as for us we are still waiting to hear from CHC. Our time line is as follows

18 Dec Application Recd: Miss for spouse sponsorship
06 Jan 2009: Sponsorship approved
20 Jan 2009: London CHC start processing
03 Mar 2009 ECAS update Medicals received
16 Mar 2009: Email from CHC London stating they sent documents to me and i was not at home have been returned back to them please provide alternate email address. ( i am away with work and i think i missed the postcard from the postman) Provided alternate address
04 April 09: Documents received from CHC( these included personal items sent wit application i.e cards, photos etc including 2 passport photos) letter dated 02/03/09 Stating no additional documents required please keep the photos these will be requested when/if your application reaches issuance stage.
29th April 2009 Wife was getting anxious so she emailed her local MP to see whats happening, Got a response stating they are carrying out back grounds checks on me.

No news since then, June 20th will be 5 months application has been with CHC london.

We though all was going well when we recd documents but that was 2 months ago (3 if you count the date on the letter) I missed our sons birthday on earlier this month as i was hoping for a quick process. Still waiting and it is draining. Am really hoping for some good news this month, though im beginning to loose hope...

Ok thats enough for now...btw how do i get my application process permanently on my posts. Saves me writing them again and again.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Chams Congrats matey! Glad to hear things went well for you in the Month of May as for us we are still waiting to hear from CHC. Our time line is as follows

18 Dec Application Recd: Miss for spouse sponsorship
06 Jan 2009: Sponsorship approved
20 Jan 2009: London CHC start processing
03 Mar 2009 ECAS update Medicals received
16 Mar 2009: Email from CHC London stating they sent documents to me and i was not at home have been returned back to them please provide alternate email address. ( i am away with work and i think i missed the postcard from the postman) Provided alternate address
04 April 09: Documents received from CHC( these included personal items sent wit application i.e cards, photos etc including 2 passport photos) letter dated 02/03/09 Stating no additional documents required please keep the photos these will be requested when/if your application reaches issuance stage.
29th April 2009 Wife was getting anxious so she emailed her local MP to see whats happening, Got a response stating they are carrying out back grounds checks on me.

No news since then, June 20th will be 5 months application has been with CHC london.

We though all was going well when we recd documents but that was 2 months ago (3 if you count the date on the letter) I missed our sons birthday on earlier this month as i was hoping for a quick process. Still waiting and it is draining. Am really hoping for some good news this month, though im beginning to loose hope...

Ok thats enough for now...btw how do i get my application process permanently on my posts. Saves me writing them again and again.
My timeline is practically the same as yours. You are not alone. It must be really hard for you as you are apart from your family, but keep your spirits up. It will come through eventually.

I'm pretty certain they are still doing background checks on me as well. In March they asked me to fill in the form listing all my travel in the last 10 years. Nothing since then. I'm off to Toronto on June 30th for 4 weeks. I was hoping to land, do some job hunting and sort out other paperwork on this trip. That will have to wait unfortunately as I see no way this could be done in time for June 30th now. Guess it will just be a great summer holiday instead

Hope things work out for you soon.

abaddon
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

...btw how do i get my application process permanently on my posts. Saves me writing them again and again.
I think this is done on "My Profile">Control Panel>Settings and Options>Edit Signature

abaddon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.