Spousal Timeline just for FYI

Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

chams is on a distinguished road
Default Spousal Timeline just for FYI

Hello forum!
I'm a canuck male and my new wife and I are going through a spousal sponsorship and PR.
She came over July 2008, and we were married in Ontario in October 2008 (after getting permission from the registrar as she was divorced in the UK).
After waiting 10 weeks for the marriage certificate , we have finally applied, outland.

We also applied for a visitor's visa extension which arrived in Vegreville December 28 2008. (This is the only thing which worries me as her passport was stamped in July 2008 to be valid only until Jan. 1 2009)
I know you are supposed to apply 30 days ahead.
Should we be concerned about this?

Medicals were done Sept. 2008 as we thought we were applying inland at first so we included the receipts with the application.
I hope those don't have to be redone, and we're crossing our fingers that we aren't called for an interview in London.

1. Proof of delivery CPC Mississauga: January 08 2009

Last edited by chams; Jan 8th 2009 at 10:31 am.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Spousal Timeline just for FYI

Sorry to bump but I wonder if anyone has any info on this:

We also applied for a visitor's visa extension which arrived in Vegreville December 28 2008. (This is the only thing which worries me as her passport was stamped in July 2008 to be valid only until Jan. 1 2009)
I know you are supposed to apply 30 days ahead.
Should we be concerned about this?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:06 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by chams
Sorry to bump but I wonder if anyone has any info on this:
1. As long as your extension request reached Vegreville before the expiry date you are fine.
2. By the way both in-Canada spousal and out of Canada are supposed to do the medical before the application and send the medical receipt with the application.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:07 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Hey Chams,

As OP said I wouldn't worry about the timeline for visitor's extension.

Will be following your progress as we're hoping to send our own spousal package off next week as soon as we get my police check back from Blighty.

... just have to fill out all these damn forms first.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Thanks very much both.
That's a bit of worry off the mind.

I'll post our timeline for you.
Welcome to Toronto windward!

Last edited by chams; Jan 10th 2009 at 7:47 am.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

2. Sponsorship approved, app. sent to London: January 22 2009
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

2. Sponsorship approved, app. sent to London: January 22 2009
3. London started processing: February 3 2009
4. Meds received: Feb. 10 2009

I'm amazed at the speed so far....
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:42 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Good stuff chams. Hope they keep it up.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

dewy99 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi chams i have a question if you dont mind, we send off our forms dec22nd got a reply back jan18th to say my wife was eligible to sponsor me and the forms were being sent to london.how do you know when london starts to process your case?, appologys if this sounds dumb
Old Feb 14th 2009, 4:31 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by dewy99
hi chams i have a question if you dont mind, we send off our forms dec22nd got a reply back jan18th to say my wife was eligible to sponsor me and the forms were being sent to london.how do you know when london starts to process your case?, appologys if this sounds dumb
Its called ecas https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

canadiangirl is an unknown quantity at this point

hi chams I have a question as well about the application. You said your spouse was divorced in the UK, what kind of permission did she need? my spouse is in the same situation.

were children involved (even if not accompanying, im interested in knowing you guys dealt with it, and what needed to be done) thanks
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by canadiangirl
hi chams I have a question as well about the application. You said your spouse was divorced in the UK, what kind of permission did she need? my spouse is in the same situation.

were children involved (even if not accompanying, im interested in knowing you guys dealt with it, and what needed to be done) thanks
You need an opinion letter from an Ontario attorney to get married in Ontario if one of the parties to the marriage was divorced outside Canada.
This is only to get the marriage license.

There were no kids involved in her divorce.
We included the lawyers letter (though you are not required to do so), the Decree Absolute, and our marriage certificate (n.b. not the license) in our PR application.

Here is the link to remarrying in Ontario and what is required:
http://www.ontario.ca/en/life_events...d%3C%2Ffont%3E
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dewy99
Hey dewy99!
Just use eCAS as PMM has stated/linked.

Interesting that your case seems about 4 days ahead of ours.
Keep in touch.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:19 am
Just Joined

tinkerbella is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a question...

if the "excessive demand on health or social services in Canada" factor is waived for Family sponsorship why do spouses have to get a medical?

This has always confused me
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tinkerbella
I have a question...

if the "excessive demand on health or social services in Canada" factor is waived for Family sponsorship why do spouses have to get a medical?

This has always confused me
I think they want to know if you have active TB or AIDS and could be a health risk, spouse or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.