Spousal Timeline just for FYI

Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

chams is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: Spousal Timeline just for FYI

Arrrggg...
This government!
We just got a letter from Vegreville returning the visitor visa extension application.
The reasons stated were:
Receipt for $75 claimed by Mississauga office.
Telephone number supplied by us they claimed was disconnected!

I think I put a copy of the $75 receipt in the in the sponsorship application with the $1040 receipt for sponsorship and PR to show that an extension had been applied for. (or I just made a mistake thinking that was the sponsor portion)
Mississauga cashed both, then stated in the sponsorship approval letter that we had overpaid and were issuing a $75 refund cheque.
I phoned the 1-800# and specifically asked if they were correct, and that it wouldn't affect the extended visa application. They assured me it was ok.
Sure enough, a cheque arrived in the mail.
I didn't think any more about it untill the letter today.

They now want $200 to reinstate status, or my wife has to leave the country.
Also, the telephone number supplied to them is valid, and has always been in service uninterrupted for over 7 years.
Hello, you have to dial 1 to call Ontario from Alberta!

So, they've cocked up and applied the receipt to the wrong account, refunded it, and are now saying we need to pay $200.

Are the receipts for online payment tied to the type of application? I thought they were.....

I bet this has put the PR application on the back burner as well. :curse:

Rant over for now.

Last edited by chams; Mar 13th 2009 at 11:56 am.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Spousal Timeline just for FYI

Further checking has revealed that if paying online, one must choose which office the application is being sent to, and confirm the choice before continuing to pick what is being paid for.
The next screen after choosing extended visitor visa, shows that in the description box, however, no description is generated on the receipt itself.

This is why I assumed, perhaps foolishly, that the receipt number is tied to the type of application being sent, and why I included it with the outland application assuming that from the receipt number, they would know we had applied and paid for an extension to remain in current status.

The two receipts were generated in different transactions. Maybe I have a leg to stand on, however, I'm sure this is going to be an ordeal to straighten out.

Last edited by chams; Mar 13th 2009 at 2:03 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

If phoning the CIC hotline agents gets me nowhere,what I've decided to do is,
pay the $200 and send in the restoration of status along with a letter explaining
that I think there was a mistake made by Mississauga.
I'll include the sponsorship approval letter, the original Vegreville letter,
a copy of my Jan and Feb. phone bills, and the proof of delivery of the original extension application.
I'll ask if they could refund the $125.
This way she keeps status, and we can fight the charge later.
(The letter returning the application gave us 90 days from the date of that letter to restore status)
I'll take a copy of all the documentation to my MP's office and wage a complaint.

Any comments from the veterans on here would be appreciated.

Last edited by chams; Mar 14th 2009 at 3:20 am.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:42 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by chams
If phoning the CIC hotline agents gets me nowhere,what I've decided to do is,
pay the $200 and send in the restoration of status along with a letter explaining
that I think there was a mistake made by Mississauga.
I'll include the sponsorship approval letter, the original Vegreville letter,
a copy of my Jan and Feb. phone bills, and the proof of delivery of the original extension application.
I'll ask if they could refund the $125.
This way she keeps status, and we can fight the charge later.
(The letter returning the application gave us 90 days from the date of that letter to restore status)
I'll take a copy of all the documentation to my MP's office and wage a complaint.

Any comments from the veterans on here would be appreciated.
1. Actually you made the mistake, you sent the extension request to Mississauga rather than Vegreville, as Mississauga doesn't process extensions.
2. I think you will be fighting a losing battle, kiss off the restoration fee.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Actually you made the mistake, you sent the extension request to Mississauga rather than Vegreville, as Mississauga doesn't process extensions.
2. I think you will be fighting a losing battle, kiss off the restoration fee.
Thanks for your reply PMM, but I didn't.
The extension application was sent to Vegreville, ahead of the sponsorship application. A copy of the receipt to Vegreville was included in the PR app. I did this so that they would see that an extension had been applied for.

Mississauga got to the app first, and claimed the $1040 (Sponsor+PR+RoPR) and the $75 extension fee. (2 separate receipt #'s)
Then they said I overpaid and refunded the $75 earmarked for Vegreville (though they didn't explain that).

As I said, the receipts should be tied to a CIC location. They make you confirm where the application is going (twice) before you commit the payment online.

I certainly did make the mistake of including too much information to Mississauga, assuming that they might check receipt numbers, and what they are tied to.

I'm just hoping this doesn't affect the PR application timing.

Last edited by chams; Mar 14th 2009 at 8:27 am.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:13 am
Just Joined

queenofstring is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chams, just a quick N00b question. Your situation is similar to the one i will be in later this year. I notice you made an outland application for your wife, does this mean she has maintained a UK address for the purposes of the application and to confirm she is a visitor with ties to the UK?

thanks
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:48 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's mine:

Sponsorship:

We received your application to sponsor xxxx on November 3, 2008.

We started processing your application on December 1, 2008.

We sent you a letter on December 1, 2008 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Immigration:

We started processing xxxx application on December 10, 2008.

Medical results have been received.

PPR (Friday) 13th February

xxxx entered Canada at Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge on March 14, 2009 and became a Permanent Resident
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by queenofstring
Hi Chams, just a quick N00b question. Your situation is similar to the one i will be in later this year. I notice you made an outland application for your wife, does this mean she has maintained a UK address for the purposes of the application and to confirm she is a visitor with ties to the UK?

thanks
Firstly, congrats geo4!

Queenofstring,
No we didn't use a UK address, but in retrospect, I think you are supposed to.
I figured, we're married, we live together, and she extended her visa, so what is the point. If we do require one for some reason, we'll use her parents addy in the UK.
I guess this will be answered better if/when we get the PR visa.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:34 am
Just Joined

dewy99 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey chams
i got my passport back on wed 25th march with my visa inside and the accompaning docs which i need to land ,now its just sell up and go
good luck with yours this was so much easier than i imagined or dreaded
Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dewy99
hey chams
i got my passport back on wed 25th march with my visa inside and the accompaning docs which i need to land ,now its just sell up and go
good luck with yours this was so much easier than i imagined or dreaded
Good news!
Congrats.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

yeahthatsme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, we are in the same boat, outland application.

This is our timelime so far.

Application Sent end of November 2008 to Miss.
Sponsorship approved 6 Jan 2009 and sent to CHC London
London Started Processing Jan 20
Got an update on Ecas March 4 Meds Received.
Got an email on on 16th March stating CHC mailed our orignal documens back to us and they had it returned back to them stating i was away. ( I was away with work) so i replied asking for them to send it to my sister address as there always is someone at home. Havent heard from there since.

My wife is in BC with our son and the wait is not at all pleasant.Anyone else experianced address changes. Any advice on what i should do?

Thanks

Z
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

I've heard emailing the London office has been successful for changes.
Old May 4th 2009, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Spousal Timeline just for FYI

eCAS says "Decision Made" today on the PR application status!
The only worry is is doesn't mention a letter. It just states that we'll be contacted:

A decision has been made on XXXXXXXX's application. The office will contact XXXXXXXX concerning this decision.
Fingers crossed....
Old May 4th 2009, 2:34 am
Just Joined

queenofstring is an unknown quantity at this point

crossing things for you chams
Old May 4th 2009, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

yeahthatsme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey chams congrats! No updates on our side yet. Missing my son and wife like crazy. Apprantly CHC are carrying out back ground checks. Any idea how long that takes? CHC london started processing our application on 20 jan 09 and we have have hadd all our document sent back with 2 passpoert photos, also early March 09 Ecas update "medicals received".

Z

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.