Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal sponsorship, file no? Help please!

Spousal sponsorship, file no? Help please!

Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

sand grownun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal sponsorship, file no? Help please!

Daughter sent off paperwork for spousal sponsorship to Mississuaga, they approved on 6th November and forwarded paperwork to London. Since then we haven't heard anything from London. We thought they would send a letter back with file number, but we haven't received one yet. Would this happen? It has been nearly eight weeks is this normal or should we contact them to see if it may have got lost in the mail. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:51 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal sponsorship, file no? Help please!

What happens is that spousal sponsorships are usually "perfected" on submission in that they contain all the information needed to process the application for permanent residence. Thus the visa office really has no need to contact either the sponsor or applicant until the case is finalized. Your daughter would have received a letter from CPC Mississauga. That letter has the Mississauga file number and with that and some other information one can follow the case through the CIC's online information system available at www.cic.gc.ca
Actually, no news is good news for now.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

sand grownun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the information Jim, that has really put my mind at rest. Hopefully when we hear from London, it will be for passport requests.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my questions over the past few months, I hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Further to that. Your daughter could track the case on CIC's online website but its likely that she will get the Passport Request before the website updates. I know a number of people for which things have worked out like this including me.

Good luck