Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

spousal financial evaluation form- confused!

spousal financial evaluation form- confused!

Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of
Unhappy spousal financial evaluation form- confused!

We are finally reaching the finishing line in completing our spousal application, phew!! But i am a little confused about the financial evaluation part. It says on the website that you don't need to be earning anything if your sponsoring your spouse (which i don't), so how can i fill in the form because according to the form i will fail because i will not have the right amount of points etc, i don't know what to do, hope someone can advise!! Ta
Old Sep 7th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice
Default Re: spousal financial evaluation form- confused!

can't remember the form you're referring to exactly, but believe you are correct in saying you don't need to have an income to sponsor your partner (pretty sure i read a post from biiink recently saying she didn't have an income when sponsoring), however, you don't need to count points for a spousal visa application so make sure you're filling in the correct forms for this visa and not confusing it with a skilled-worker visa and associated forms.
good luck getting everything completed, and just to let you know recent spousal visas have been processed in around 3-5 months so you shouldn't have too long to wait once you've made your submission
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

Originally Posted by thundercat600
can't remember the form you're referring to exactly, but believe you are correct in saying you don't need to have an income to sponsor your partner (pretty sure i read a post from biiink recently saying she didn't have an income when sponsoring), however, you don't need to count points for a spousal visa application so make sure you're filling in the correct forms for this visa and not confusing it with a skilled-worker visa and associated forms.
good luck getting everything completed, and just to let you know recent spousal visas have been processed in around 3-5 months so you shouldn't have too long to wait once you've made your submission
3-5 months! fab, this is the key piece of info i have been needing to work out roughly when i would want to apply. Also, do you know how long is the visa valid before you HAVE to land, say if it were to arrive early, and i dont want to go til dec 09, and certainly dont want to spend money for airfare to land before then?
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
We are finally reaching the finishing line in completing our spousal application, phew!! But i am a little confused about the financial evaluation part. It says on the website that you don't need to be earning anything if your sponsoring your spouse (which i don't), so how can i fill in the form because according to the form i will fail because i will not have the right amount of points etc, i don't know what to do, hope someone can advise!! Ta
ALso, i recall reading a passage that mentioned filling in a specific section of the form, but i know for sure you are right in thinking you dont need to prove funds.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by pip_is_fab
3-5 months! fab, this is the key piece of info i have been needing to work out roughly when i would want to apply. Also, do you know how long is the visa valid before you HAVE to land, say if it were to arrive early, and i dont want to go til dec 09, and certainly dont want to spend money for airfare to land before then?
refer to this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=559752, particularly the posts regarding medicals

also use the search function for other "spousal" or "common law" visa threads - there are loads on here and should help you immensely
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pip_is_fab
ALso, i recall reading a passage that mentioned filling in a specific section of the form, but i know for sure you are right in thinking you dont need to prove funds.
thankyou, that makes me feel better, i was starting to quickly look for a job!!
Well the app has gone off today, so fingers crossed! Yipee!! Mind you on the down side, our house sale fell through on the day of exchange on friday! Gazundering i think its officially named! Damn them!