Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Someone who has done immigration and employment.Kindly answer...

Someone who has done immigration and employment.Kindly answer...

Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

gina77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Someone who has done immigration and employment.Kindly answer...

I want to know the procedure when we start the process of bringing in a foreign worker to Canada..starting with a job offer..what all steps are included..
Kindly tell me both..doing LMO and AEO...and LMO..Work peermit extension and renewal...God bless you...
Thanks
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Someone who has done immigration and employment.Kindly answer...

Originally Posted by gina77
I want to know the procedure when we start the process of bringing in a foreign worker to Canada..starting with a job offer..what all steps are included..
Kindly tell me both..doing LMO and AEO...and LMO..Work peermit extension and renewal...God bless you...
Thanks

Hi Gina and welcome to the forum.

If you have a look at the CIC and HRSDC websites, they should be able to tell you everything you need to know.

But which route do you wish to take for the worker you are trying to employ? If it's the AEO then it needs to be as part of a Permanent Residency application (and therefore you'll have to wait 6-12 months or so for him/her to be able to start work).

Or the LMO is for a Temp Work Permit, which is much quicker. For that you need to prove you've advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian.

But if you let us know a bit more about your circumstances, the worker you wish to employ and the route you wish to take, then somebody on here will be able to give you more specific advice.

Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:11 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gina77
Thanks

I am not a lawyer, much less an immigration one, and this is not advice.

procedure as I know it:
1. decide job spec and get a NOC code for it.
2. advertise the job for 2 or 3 months for competitive rate
3. get CVs from canadians, PRs
4. interview canadians, PRs
5. dont find anyone suitable, conclude no canadian can do the job
6. go to pile marked "foreigners"
7. make job offer
8. fill in LMO forms
9. provide evidence that you followed procedure for steps 1-7
10. provide evidence your company is established
11. prepare for a grilling from local HRSDC
12. get LMO
13. forward to new worker
14. new worker uses LMO to get WP
15. new worker arrives
16. employ new worker

You have to be sure you do steps 1-7 strictly by the numbers. You have to show a skeptical bureaucrat you did everything you reasonably can to find a canadian or PR who can do the job.

Short cuts:
Some NOCs have relaxed or non-existent requirements for example IT, electricians, nurses.

Caveats:
New worker must have all his qualifications which might be quite different in canada to the land of origin. Hiring company has to have some pedigree and credibility. This avoids folk just incorporating a shell company for $100 and using it for bringing in relatives as a short cut.

Help with Google:
NOC = National Occupation Code
CV = Curriculum Vitae or Resume or Job Application
PR = permanent residents
LMO = labour market opinion
HRSDC = Human Resources Canada
WP = Work permit

Always get proper advice.

good luck
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

mclaren family is an unknown quantity at this point

its only 14 days advertisement for skill levels o, A & B now since they changed the list

have a look on here

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...rs/index.shtml
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:33 pm

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mclaren family
its only 14 days advertisement for skill levels o, A & B now since they changed the list

have a look on here

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...rs/index.shtml
yes thats right (k)........only need to be advertised for 14 days but everything else wbexpat says is spot on ..good advice there!