job offer and LMO help

Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

mclaren family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job offer and LMO help

As I said in a previous post

The company that has offered my husband a job has asked us to help him to figure out the twp and lmo process.

so I have done a bit of research and from what I have found the following is what I should send to the company

The company need to issue a detailed job offer and advertise the job for 14 days (he's skill level B) without success, then complete the LMO application along with proof of advertising the job. Once positive LMO certificate is received, we get a copy and can submit TWP applications along with a copy of offer letter and positive LMO.

I take it the job offer letter needs to be dated after the 14 day job advertising and not before?
Does he need to sign a contract as well?
Also read you can submit the TWP applications while waiting on the LMO, can you do this and is it better to wait on the LMO results first?
Is there anything I've missed that his employer should do?

Thanks and I'm sorry for all the questions
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: job offer and LMO help

bump
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

jogi34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mclaren family

The company that has offered my husband a job has asked us to help him to figure out the twp and lmo process.

so I have done a bit of research and from what I have found the following is what I should send to the company

The company need to issue a detailed job offer and advertise the job for 14 days (he's skill level B) without success, then complete the LMO application along with proof of advertising the job. Once positive LMO certificate is received, we get a copy and can submit TWP applications along with a copy of offer letter and positive LMO.

I take it the job offer letter needs to be dated after the 14 day job advertising and not before?
Also read you can submit the TWP applications while waiting on the LMO, can you do this and is it better to wait on the LMO results first?

HI

He also need to sign the contract which would be submitted at the time of LMO application.
Yes you can submit application before getting the LMO but it is always better you wait for LMO.

Employer should advertise the post in canada job data bank.

He should submit the response he got from the advertisement.

Employer should explain in one page letter why these candidates are not fit for the job.

hope you get the answer
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

bump
Please give people more than 2 hours to respond - particulary when most of them are still fast asleep in Canada! Remember that when you first posted it would have been 6.30am on the east coast of Canada and 3.30am on the west - so no wonder you didn't get an instant response!!

Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:28 pm

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro_eng.aspx

our job offer letter was dated when he was offered the job ......dont think it really matters.......but definately have the employer post the job in the canadian jobbank (link at the top there)..its recognised by hrsdc....we also advertised through kijiji!
it seems as though you now understand the process for lmo to wp .....although i had never heard of sending of wp application without your lmo??good luck
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

i wasn't expecting an immediate response I just bumped it up as it was right at the bottom of the page ready to go onto page 2

I take it you not a morning person

Thanks Jogi34 that helps alot
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dunniflat
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/intro_eng.aspx

our job offer letter was dated when he was offered the job ......dont think it really matters.......but definately have the employer post the job in the canadian jobbank (link at the top there)..its recognised by hrsdc....we also advertised through kijiji!
it seems as though you now understand the process for lmo to wp .....although i had never heard of sending of wp application without your lmo??good luck
lol I'm getting there, thanks
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

If you want to get here quicker you can save time by applying for TWP at point of entry. All you need is a copy of your LMO and contract and any required qualifications etc. The responses to this post so far have been accurate. This is exactly what my OH's employer had to do to get LMO. He then emailed it to us with contract and we flew to Calgary and got 2 yr TWP there. It took about 30 mins all in all to get through customs. Hope this helps!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

I'm having to stay behind to sell the house and tie up all the loose ends etc

will I be able to land with the hubby and activate my spousal work permit and the kids study visa's and then come back to the uk a week or so later or is it best to go over later once everything is sorted

Cheers
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

i wasn't expecting an immediate response I just bumped it up as it was right at the bottom of the page ready to go onto page 2

I take it you not a morning person
It wasn't morning for me - I'm in the UK. But we'd rather you didn't 'bump' your own threads at all, particularly when they are only a couple of hours old and people haven't been given a chance to respond!

Thanks.